Fitness/Sport Drinks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to know your thought on drinks like Gatorade or Powerade. Do you they are better than water? Or should I just stick with water. I'm trying to do the whole weight loss thing but I don't want to drink water all the time.

If you don't like drinking plain water, try adding Crystal light to it. Not too many calories but it increases the flavor.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you don't like drinking plain water, try adding Crystal light to it. Not too many calories but it increases the flavor. I agree. I started using it a few months back because I got tired of plain water. My favorite is pink lemonade.

Originally Posted by MAC Lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree. I started using it a few months back because I got tired of plain water. My favorite is pink lemonade. That one is my fave cause it isnt as sweet. Other companies are also making those little packets too.

I think they add extra calories without much benefit... Unless you're training for a marathon or something like that, and sweating like crazy!

Water for the win! I think water is the better choice. Crystal light is a good idea but I think you can over come the 'taste' of water. Just keep drinking it, maybe it's an acquired taste.
biggrin.gif

are you working out? if you are working out hard, then sports drinks are fine midtraining to keep your energy boosted because it does contain carbs and sodium. but if you are planning on REPLACING your water intake altogether with sports drinks, then you may just end up gaining weight, because it contains carbs and sodium.

if you arent a regular water drinker, thats fine, many people out there arent, so i also suggest the 0 calorie flavor packets into water.. if it helps you get your water intake for the day, then all the better.

I know this is not a sports drink, but you've gotta try Fuse.

Each flavor/drink has specific vitamns you might need.

There's a strawberry one the has only 10 calories throughout the whole thing.

I like the coconut because it has alot of protein...and it tastes REALLY good.

It's a fairly new item so you might not find it right away.

Its really good and healthy as well!

the best is coconut water. more potassium than a banana or those sports drinks, and other electrolytes and few in calories. It is the natural gatorade.

Originally Posted by laura892 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know this is not a sports drink, but you've gotta try Fuse.Each flavor/drink has specific vitamns you might need.

There's a strawberry one the has only 10 calories throughout the whole thing.

I like the coconut because it has alot of protein...and it tastes REALLY good.

It's a fairly new item so you might not find it right away.

Its really good and healthy as well!

Fuse tastes nice...but will make you cramp like heck!!!!!!!!

Just water is fine. Instead of burning fat, you'll be burning off that drink when you're working out. If you haven't eaten in a few hours, then chances are that you'll be burning fat throughout your workout instead of calories you consumed during the day.

if you get sick of drinkin water, how bout some tea? i lovee some tea! it don't have that many cals, and you can get it with or without sugar. i love gatorade too though but i agree with thais- it's extra calories ya don't need. unless your an athlete or something. cause all the stuff in there is to make up for what you burned off. . . the purple kind is bomb tho!
smile.gif
anything is better than soda.

Latest posts

Back