Fitness Tip of the Day - 1/26/05

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While exercising... be sure to drink ICE ICE ICE cold water! The drastic tempature difference in comparison to our body temp. will make your body work harder to heat that cold water. This helps in revving up your metabolism and helping your body stay at full power while working out!

I never knew that. I've always been drinking room-temp bottled water, but will refrigerate it now.
smile.gif

Really? Too cold of water gives me an ice cream headache and I tend to drink much less water if it's cold!

Hmmmmmmmmm really?? Gotta work out first! lol

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

While exercising... be sure to drink ICE ICE ICE cold water! The drastic tempature difference in comparison to our body temp. will make your body work harder to heat that cold water. This helps in revving up your metabolism and helping your body stay at full power while working out!

Hmm... I've had athletes tell me that it's better to drink room temperature water, so you don't shock your system. But I do love my ice cold water!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Hmm... I've had athletes tell me that it's better to drink room temperature water, so you don't shock your system. But I do love my ice cold water!
smile.gif
I guess if you drink a sip or two before you work out... then small sips every few min's... it wouldn't be so bad - but yeah, they say the ice cold helps you lose weight -
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back