- Jun 13, 2004
- Reaction score
I was trying to upload a scanned copy of her article in Allure magazine but it won't work so I got this from her website.
- Massage Foundation Primer all over face before foundation, to ensure a long lasting and flawless finish. During the warm summer months, Laura suggests placing Foundation Primer in the refrigerator. The coolness is extra refreshing and helps reduce puffiness.
- For a very sheer and natural finish always apply Oil-Free Foundation with a damp sponge in a downward and outward direction.
- To accentuate and heighten the colour of the eyes, choose shades that offer a contrast so the eye colour will stand out
- When applying Eye Colour, remember that light shades emphasize and make an area appear larger. Dark shades diminish and make an area appear smaller.
- For dry or mature eyelids, avoid shimmer colour all over the lid. Apply a matte Eye Colour all over with a shimmer Eye Colour only in the center of the eyelid and to highlight the brow bone.
- Completely lining the eye with a dark colour encloses it and makes it appear smaller and more deep-set
- To give the appearance of thicker lashes and to enhance eye color, dot between the root of the top lashes with Black Extreme eye pencil.
- To obtain fuller lashes, wiggle the Mascara wand at the root of the lashes and work up and out. For longer lashes tilt wand down and lightly apply to full length of lash.
- Try the "jewel crown effect" - apply shimmers and matte colours together. Apply shimmer to the eyes and matte colour to the lips or switch to matte eyes and shimmery lips.
- "Texture on Texture"- to always achieve a successful Cheek Colour or eye shadow application, prepare the cheeks and eyelids with Translucent Powder. This will provide a compatible texture for an even application.
- For Lip Colour that stays in place and lasts forever, press a tissue against the lips and powder lightly with puff or brush. This "fixes" the Lip Colour and prevents running and feathering. For more coverage or a more moist finish apply a little more lip colour to the center of the lips after fixing them with powder.