Flawless Face Tips -Laura Mercier

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was trying to upload a scanned copy of her article in Allure magazine but it won't work so I got this from her website.

Flawless Face

• Massage Foundation Primer all over face before foundation, to ensure a long lasting and flawless finish. During the warm summer months, Laura suggests placing Foundation Primer in the refrigerator. The coolness is extra refreshing and helps reduce puffiness.
  • For a very sheer and natural finish always apply Oil-Free Foundation with a damp sponge in a downward and outward direction.
Eye Enhancing Techniques
  • To accentuate and heighten the colour of the eyes, choose shades that offer a contrast so the eye colour will stand out
  • When applying Eye Colour, remember that light shades emphasize and make an area appear larger. Dark shades diminish and make an area appear smaller.
  • For dry or mature eyelids, avoid shimmer colour all over the lid. Apply a matte Eye Colour all over with a shimmer Eye Colour only in the center of the eyelid and to highlight the brow bone.
  • Completely lining the eye with a dark colour encloses it and makes it appear smaller and more deep-set
  • To give the appearance of thicker lashes and to enhance eye color, dot between the root of the top lashes with Black Extreme eye pencil.
  • To obtain fuller lashes, wiggle the Mascara wand at the root of the lashes and work up and out. For longer lashes tilt wand down and lightly apply to full length of lash.
  • Try the "jewel crown effect" - apply shimmers and matte colours together. Apply shimmer to the eyes and matte colour to the lips or switch to matte eyes and shimmery lips.
Colour
  • "Texture on Texture"- to always achieve a successful Cheek Colour or eye shadow application, prepare the cheeks and eyelids with Translucent Powder. This will provide a compatible texture for an even application.
  • For Lip Colour that stays in place and lasts forever, press a tissue against the lips and powder lightly with puff or brush. This "fixes" the Lip Colour and prevents running and feathering. For more coverage or a more moist finish apply a little more lip colour to the center of the lips after fixing them with powder.

Thanks for a great thread Diane! I like the suggestion of putting the Foundation Primer in the fridge. I'll try it out and see what it does.
smile.gif

Thanks for the tips! This is great. I'm going to try the primer in the fridge trick.

Great post.. Gonna try the damp sponge thing with my Lancome foundation! Knowing me, ill mess it up though
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Bumping this old thread because it's a good read
biggrin.gif
Thanks, Laura! How do you always find all these oldies-but-goodies threads, anyways?
wink.gif

I already do most of that stuff already, except for using Translucent Powder. I always feel like it would be too much.. might try it out though.

Originally Posted by anne7 Thanks, Laura! How do you always find all these oldies-but-goodies threads, anyways?
wink.gif
Its easy! The pages are listed on every forum. I've attached a thumbnail to show you where to look!

Originally Posted by Leony Thanks for bumping this thread, Lau! No probs girlie! I love browsing through all the older threads that are jam packed with great info and bumping them for our newer users
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Its easy! The pages are listed on every forum. I've attached a thumbnail to show you where to look! Oh I know that Laura, but you always manage to dig up ones with lots of info!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oops! Sorry i got confused.. Yeah i browse through them all and bump the good ones!

Originally Posted by surferchick oooo interesting, i never actualy heard of foundation primer b4 :S would any1 recommend it? sounds pretty gd Foundation primer provides a smooth canvas on your face before putting foundation on, and it also helps your foundation last longer. Three that I hear about a lot on here is Smashbox, Laura Mercier, and Mac's. I currently use Smashbox's, and like it.

Latest posts

Back