Fluidline problems. only me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I bought some Fluidliners from mac. i like using eyeshadows as liners and using the angled brush to apply it. i do a good job with those, but I can't seem to apply the fluidlines right. i've used macroviolet twice and it just doesn't seem to want to come out in a nice line. i have the small angled brush that is for the brows.
icon_cry.gif

Keep practicing! But in the meantime, things that might help:

* Make sure you don't have too much product loaded onto your brush. Usually I brush off excess onto a tissue or the backside of my hand before applying. I start light and build up.

* Hold your eyelid taut, pulling slightly at the outer corner. This makes for a much smoother application.

* If you're having a really hard time with the angle brush, try the 209 liner brush instead.

HTH!

Originally Posted by Trisha I agree with Joy, also look into lip brush 311, i actually get a really thin nice line with it:
M878_261.jpg

For controlled lipstick or eye liner application. This brush has small, flat, firm fibers and a tapered tip. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature birch, linden and ramin wood handles, nickel-plated brass ferrules.

Trisha i have to say i LOVE the 311 brush i am probably going to get another one the bristles are a bit more firm than the 209 (which i currently only use for my fluidlines) i use my 311 for wetlining with shadows and pigments since i don't want to use the same brush for fluidlines as well as other stuff i don't want to mix them.I personally dont like the thicker angeld brushes for liners gives too thick of a line i get great lines with the 209 and 311

Originally Posted by Trisha Me too, MAC shoulda promoted 311 with the fluidlines as well 208 and 209!! I love it! x yea it is a great brush. i have to shut up or i will end up buying another one lol

I use a small thin liner brush (Craft store) and I get much better results than when I tried applying with the angled brush.
icon_wink.gif

OK trish, i think you have me sold on the MAC #311 now! I thought i was happy enough with my Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush i think the 311 might just be THAT bit thinner

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I use a small thin liner brush (Craft store) and I get much better results than when I tried applying with the angled brush.
icon_wink.gif
i need to get my booty to a craft store.

I don't have any problems with the Fluidlines, but I definitely find it easier to get a better line with a pencil. I do love gel liners though because they last so long! I use a cheapie angled e/l brush from CVS, and it works well for me!

the art brush that is second from the left is flat and smaller than the 316 lip brush i think. you think that would work?

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 the art brush that is second from the left is flat and smaller than the 316 lip brush i think. you think that would work? yea i'd try it why not. i think it could work

Latest posts

Back