Food for good Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I appologize if there is already a thread about this. But didn't see one. Anyways... what foods help make your skin lookgood/glowy
icon_question.gif

They say that Omega-3 foods like salmon and fish and seafood in general are good for your skin. My boss used to eat smoked salmon with avocado for breakfast and her skin looked very good. Drinking a lot of water is also important and staying away from processed foods and too much sugar is the key.

i think reija and kim hit the nail on the head. there are a few other foods that work well also. oatmeal, berries, and nuts (almonds and walnuts are the best). these will help to keep your skin glowing and beautiful.

thanks for the link mike, very informative!

Originally Posted by MikeJones Yup yup. All the above are correct. Here is a site that you might be interesting for you. http://www.relfe.com/anti-aging.html it puts foods into 2 groups. Foods that cause cell degeneration and foods that cause cell regeneration (Healthy young cell)

I agree water is crucial - I also think there is something *magic* in oranges and grapgefruits. I remember reading about this really beautiful woman who ate oranges (including as much of the white part of the rind) as she could. It always stuck with me and over the years my skin has always looked better when I eat a lot of oranges....

Originally Posted by jennyb I appologize if there is already a thread about this. But didn't see one. Anyways... what foods help make your skin lookgood/glowy
icon_question.gif

I was wondering what does "brown skin" means? I have never heard that increase in blood sugar causes brown skin, how does that happen?

Also, aside from eating food that causes our skin to glow, we also need to remember to scrub our faces and get the beauty sleep that we need. Forgetting to scrub or not getting enough sleep, our skin wont glow as much.

I alos heard that having the same hour of sleep and waking up and sleeping at the same everyday will also help out skin to glow

Originally Posted by MikeJones Thats true oranges and grapefruit contain powerful anti-oxidants that helps the skin not to age. Eating alot of fruits and veggies is good. But dont neglect protein. remember collagen is just another form of protein. Oh and be careful not to eat to many sweet things because they cause blood sugar spikes that cause something called brown skin

Do you mean, for example, wake up at 9am every morning, and go to bed at 1030 every night will help??? I'll try that, but I dont know about going to bed at the same time every day (I've been having trouble sleeping). I agree with you on getting a good amound of sleep and exfoliating. Luckily, I am seriously addicted to salmon, so I have no problem consuming that food to help my skin. I do make sure to only consume it only 2-3 times a week though, b/c of the mercury.

thanks MikeJones!

Jennyb, if you have trouble sleeping, it may be because you dont have a set biological clock ( meaning that the time you sleep vary from night to night). Or you could be going to sleep very late at night because for me I find that if I am still awake after a certain time, I cant go back to sleep. Also, I have heard that our cells rejuvenate and metabolizes the most from around 10 pm- 2 am, so it is also important to sleep around those times ( or at least try to!). Exercise also helps skin to glow!

Originally Posted by man thanks MikeJones!Jennyb, if you have trouble sleeping, it may be because you dont have a set biological clock ( meaning that the time you sleep vary from night to night). Or you could be going to sleep very late at night because for me I find that if I am still awake after a certain time, I cant go back to sleep. Also, I have heard that our cells rejuvenate and metabolizes the most from around 10 pm- 2 am, so it is also important to sleep around those times ( or at least try to!). Exercise also helps skin to glow!

Welcome to MUT man!

Latest posts

Back