Foodzie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's $29.95/month. So, pretty expensive BUT it's really high quality goods. For example, this month the Portland box sourced all the products from local Portland companies. I get this for my mom who is a chef/foodie so she appreciates it.

Each month you pick one of the 3 different theme boxes. Or you just get the "signature" box.

More info. at foodzie.com

I had this for two months, it was nice, but a ton of their stuff came from the Bay Area, and I am located there and it was all easily accessible at farmers markets and all the other cool food places that come along with living in a wonderful city like San Francisco. So I cancelled, but the stuff was delicious, but expensive :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I signed up for Glossybox after dropping Foodzie and Myglam. 

I think it was a fair switch.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had this for two months, it was nice, but a ton of their stuff came from the Bay Area, and I am located there and it was all easily accessible at farmers markets and all the other cool food places that come along with living in a wonderful city like San Francisco. So I cancelled, but the stuff was delicious, but expensive :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I signed up for Glossybox after dropping Foodzie and Myglam. 

I think it was a fair switch.
Yeah, I think we will cancel after the June box. We have places all over where we can get similar products. (Central Market, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, farmer's markets, various mom/pop shops) I think it's a good box for those wanting to experiment with food. Not as great for people like my mom who know everything you can know about food. Lol.

You can get a lot of "fancy" food for $30 and be sure you'll like it. : )

Thanks for posting the pic and info! I was wondering what Foodzie was all about - it sounds fun!

Just a note about Foodzie.. They have been bought out!!
I love love Foodzie, so I called them to ask what kind of food products the new company would be stocking. ( The auto-delovery ends in July).

They told me that there would be ready to eat items more than sauces or other things which have to be cooked,.

The curators of the boxes are said to be the same.

Rates for current subscribers ae of yesterday will get to buy the boxes for the #29.00 price until the end of the year. First of next year, the price increases to $39.00.

The name of the company which bought Foodzie is on Foodzie's FAQs.

I hope so much that they don't change things.. I LOVED the Portand Box ( had to give the rock hard salimi stuff to my dog), but otherwise, it was great.

I;ve ordered the Boardwalk Sweets curated Tasting Box for next month.

WIshing this endeavor enormous success and NO major changes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilly

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a note about Foodzie.. They have been bought out!!

I love love Foodzie, so I called them to ask what kind of food products the new company would be stocking. ( The auto-delovery ends in July).

They told me that there would be ready to eat items more than sauces or other things which have to be cooked,.

The curators of the boxes are said to be the same.

Rates for current subscribers ae of yesterday will get to buy the boxes for the #29.00 price until the end of the year. First of next year, the price increases to $39.00.

The name of the company which bought Foodzie is on Foodzie's FAQs.

I hope so much that they don't change things.. I LOVED the Portand Box ( had to give the rock hard salimi stuff to my dog), but otherwise, it was great.

I;ve ordered the Boardwalk Sweets curated Tasting Box for next month.

WIshing this endeavor enormous success and NO major changes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilly
Thank you for letting us know.

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVED the Portand Box ( had to give the rock hard salimi stuff to my dog), but otherwise, it was great.
Ha! We got the Portland box too and that salami was inedible! Same as you the rest was great though.

I happened to mention that I thought the videos that the new compan is big on would help with products I didn't know how to prepare, such as the " rock hard big salami thing" and the CS person gave me a HUGE discount oin the June Boardwalk Sweets box! I guess it was me telling her that my Bichon had to eat it, LOL.

The Boardwalk Sweets box photo is SOO cute. All candy, popcorn lollipops, cotton candy, and a root beer ( which my DH will get as I don't like it).

Not exsactly haute cuisine or health- conscious, but FUN, FUN, FUn!!!

And I'll pick FUN over the other qualities any day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Only bad thing is that their boxes take 1 week to get here-- they do the pitiful Fed Ex drop off to USPS.. I live 35 miles from a major US city but it takes about 4 days for the PO to get the box to me. Not sure how much will be edible, but the concept is SO cute. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilly

I ordered the Boardwalk box too! Hope Foodzie doesn't lose its sub box feeling. We'll see! I got the Brunch Box but didn't try anything since I gave it to my mom since it was Mother's Day. 

You got a lot of stuff! Can't wait for mine! Maybe tomorrow. I think everyone has that same kitchen counter. hehe

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You got a lot of stuff! Can't wait for mine! Maybe tomorrow. I think everyone has that same kitchen counter. hehe
smile.gif
That's a popular granite for sure.

What box did you order?

That Energy Boost box looks amazing! I ordered the Boardwalk box, but now I'm rethinking my choice. I know the changes coming are a good thing for the company, but I'm afraid I'll be done at the end of the year. The price has already increased from $19.95 to 29.95, and I don't really see a difference in box quality, so I'm not going to pay another $10.00 per box. Too bad, though, because I've really enjoyed my boxes. (Just not 40 bucks worth.)

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Energy Boost box looks amazing! I ordered the Boardwalk box, but now I'm rethinking my choice.

I know the changes coming are a good thing for the company, but I'm afraid I'll be done at the end of the year. The price has already increased from $19.95 to 29.95, and I don't really see a difference in box quality, so I'm not going to pay another $10.00 per box. Too bad, though, because I've really enjoyed my boxes. (Just not 40 bucks worth.)

I'm kind of on the fence. We'll be paying $29.95 while everyone else will be paying $40 til the end of the year, plus it's not really a sub anymore. I got to think about it. I have a feeling this will be my last box.

We're probably not continuing Foodzie after the actual sub service ends. I think we are too lazy to go in and order the boxes. Something about a subscription makes it a lot more desirable.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back