For those who don't want to download SmileyCentral!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homer2.gif
I love Homer
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Although even though I've gotten rid of all my spyware - I still get some pop up ads from the same places whenever I come here... and no other site. Wierd. I just thought I'd mention, that a single anti-spyware program can't find ALL spyware. The people that make the anti-spyware programs just have them look for known spyware programs (or files with characteristics of spyware) -- I'm sure people are coming up with new spyware programs all the time. The more anti-spyware programs you use, the more spyware programs you will be able to remove.
Likewise, a single anti-virus program can't recognize *all* viruses because people are constantly coming up with new viruses, even if you update regularly. If the virus company doesn't know about a new virus, they can't make an update for it!

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek I just thought I'd mention, that a single anti-spyware program can't find ALL spyware. The people that make the anti-spyware programs just have them look for known spyware programs (or files with characteristics of spyware) -- I'm sure people are coming up with new spyware programs all the time. The more anti-spyware programs you use, the more spyware programs you will be able to remove.
Likewise, a single anti-virus program can't recognize *all* viruses because people are constantly coming up with new viruses, even if you update regularly. If the virus company doesn't know about a new virus, they can't make an update for it!

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up!
smile.gif

I have ad-adware & crapcleaner too
smile.gif

I don't really agree girl_geek. I don't know much about spyware but i'm a member of a few computer forums (great sites when you're having troubles!) and everyone on there used to recommend only using 1 spyware programme because have a few defeats the purpose because they pick up spyware in each other. I don't know if that makes sense but i remember when i installed Ad-Aware & Spybot they both messed up each other then neither of them worked properly. When i removed Spybot & only had 1 programme running my computer was fine again & never has spyware now.. Just my 2 cents anyway
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back