For you movie buffs... Entertainment Weekly Previews Summer Film

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
NEW YORK - "Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" will be sad, "War of the Worlds" will be small and "The Dukes of Hazard" will empower women.

Huh?

Well, that's according to Entertainment Weekly's upcoming "Summer Movie Preview" issue, in which filmmakers and stars spill unexpected bits on highly anticipated summertime flicks.

"It's sad, dark and basically a tearjerker," George Lucas told EW about the third "Star Wars" prequel. "It's not a happy film."

Lucas also revealed he asked Steven Spielberg's advice on a couple of scenes, including a lightsaber duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi. "Revenge of the Sith" will hyperdrive into theaters on May 19.

Spielberg's will be busy with his own space battle this summer. On June 29, Spielberg will release "War of the Worlds," based on the H.G. Wells story about a Martian attack. "War of the Worlds" stars Dakota Fanning and Tom Cruise, who downplayed the sci-fi action to EW.

"It's really a very small, emotional movie," Cruise said. "It's not just a movie about aliens. It's a story ... about a dad and his kids and their struggle to survive."

Jessica Simpson will struggle with short shorts and car chases as Daisy Duke in "The Dukes of Hazzard," a hijinks-filled action film based on the TV series. Sean William Scott and Johnny Knoxville play cousins Bo and Luke Duke with Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse and Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg. "Dukes" opens August 5.

"Daisy's an all-American girl," Simpson said. "It's very empowering for a woman. She's a badass but can use her body at the same time. I think that's a really cool image to put out there for women."

Other stars in upcoming summer fare include: Orlando Bloom crusading in "Kingdom of Heaven" on May 6, Russell Crowe as Depression-era heavyweight champ Jim Braddock in "Cinderella Man" on June 3, Johnny Depp doesn't sing as Willy Wonka in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" on July 15, Scarlett Johansson and Ewan McGregor are clones in "The Island" on July 22 and Kate Hudson getting scared as a hospice worker in "The Skeleton Key" on August 12.

I am looking forward to Dukes of Hazzard and Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.

i saw a trailer for the island last night when i saw amityville horror the premise reminded me alot of the matrix "your life as you know it isn't real"

i can't wait til star wars comes out
smile.gif
and dukes of hazzard well i hate jessica simpson she has to move her head as she talks so she looks like a human bobble head so i doubt i will pay money to see that pile of garbage

i kinda wanna see willy wonka but if they have oompa loompa's that don't speak english again and just mouth whatever they want and don't match the words it'll freak me out just like in the original

that's why i can't watch movies that are dubbed i can't see people's mouths move differently than what is being said now subtitles i can do just don't have different words being said

Latest posts

Back