Fortune Cookie Soap Box : Summer Soap Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can appreciate that some people like the box but I think it is low quality packaging and mediocre products. If I paid $10 I wouldn't be as disappointed, but for $20 i definitely feel underwhelmed. I am really trying to be objective, because I wanted to love this box, but iI really don't like it at all. I have used too many high quality products to say these products are great, let alone above average. Sorry to all that loved it, but I think they are not even nice enough to gift or take the time to trade.
I received my box today ( was on vacation) I feel exactly the same.

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You could always use the shower gels you hate as hand soap.

I had a bunch of body wash I hated and could not be bothered to sell or throw out and shipping here is too expensive....and I keep on running out of hand soap here, esp when family is over.

So, I ended up using my Yves Rocher and Dove as hand soap and now have much less stuff I hate!

You could maybe also use the body wash to clean makeup brushes and not sure if it is good for hand washing clothes or instead of laundry soap?
Here's the problem:  I have literally two years' worth of shower gel.  Maybe three.  I stopped counting bottles when I hit 20, and it seems like another is popping up somewhere unexpected every week (today, it was the laundry basket).  And that *is* with using them as hand soaps, and I already double-purpose other things to clean makeup brushes, *and* I already gave some to my aunt.  

Oh!  I just realized:  Donate it to a shelter.  Duh.  I don't know why this didn't occur to me before.  I just stare at this stuff and get angry that I have *so much* that I can't use it all in any sort of timely manner.  It is ridiculous, sick, and disgusting for me to just keep this when I can give it to people who *need* it.  I will set an alarm on my phone to remind myself when the next donation time is since they only have a few hours each month when they accept donations.  June's time is a week and a half away.  I feel better about this plan now.  I still have a bunch of half-used bottles which won't be donated, but that's nowhere near the number of unused bottles, so it feels a lot more manageable.

I tried the whipped cream tonight and it smells just like a Strawberry Shortcake doll, plastic strawberry. Really weird!

Originally Posted by StefanieH30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my box today ( was on vacation) I feel exactly the same.
Thanks Stefanie, at least I am not alone, that is always good to know!  I appreciate that some people will love it, though, no disrespect to them.  If you look at the gift sets on the site, they are super cute sets of the fortune cookies, those I love.  The rest no so much. 

I

Thanks Stefanie, at least I am not alone, that is always good to know!  I appreciate that some people will love it, though, no disrespect to them.  If you look at the gift sets on the site, they are super cute sets of the fortune cookies, those I love.  The rest no so much. 
I really wanted to love it..

the only thing i didn't like in my soap box was the i scream you scream sugar scrub,it came across as too chocolatey and vanilla.in the uk we still find this one of the best sub boxes to get ,in fact any box that doesn't come from the uk is a bonus as they are actually better sized and better products.uk boxes are a joke to be honest.although fortune cookie soap we do huge uk group orders so it works out cheaper on shipping,if we order like 4 things on our own its roughly 30-40£.sorry to see some didnt like this summer box but im sure it happens a lot .maybe the fall box will be more loved.

Am I missing something or is the sugar scrub not very exfoliating? It seems to melt into my skin as soon as I rub.

Could someone tell me how big the body butter containers are? Also, if I don't use all of my $10 coupon, what happens with the remainder amount? Thanks!

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone tell me how big the body butter containers are? Also, if I don't use all of my $10 coupon, what happens with the remainder amount? Thanks!
It's fairly small but not tiny. The amount size I'm not sure since the weight is not listed on the container. Possibly 1/2 oz to 1 oz of product. As for the $10 coupon code I'm not sure since with shipping most items are over $10.

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sample one you get in the Soap Box and ones you buy off their site are 1 oz. samples. If ya want a full size, I have one and I can say that it's a 5.5 oz. container. It doesn't say on the their site or on the actual container, so I had to refer to my order for it. Though other ones are 5 oz.... 

oooh, I wish I had found this thread a few months earlier! I signed up for the quarterly box, but it will be for the fall box, so I have to wait., bummer... but to hold me over in the meantime, I bought a bunch of stuff from the Wizard Collection (Aiiiiiiiieeeee! I LOVE me some Harry Potter anything!!
wub.gif
) Hope it gets here soon!  The one thing I wanted badly though was sold out- the polyjuice bubbling bath oil.  Drat!!   I love those lil' fortune cookie soaps- they look adorable (I got my house, ravenclaw
wink.gif

I am learning about so many new subs, that I had never even heard of before joining MUT and I have found some really cool ones... (this is of course, bad for my wallet! Ha!) I was already a birchbox, ipsy, juelp subscriber before here, now I'm getting beauty army, fortune cookie, and on the wait list for yuzen.... and sniffing around for others too.  MUT is dangerous!!!
roflmao.gif

Lily V: I bought a bunch from the Wizard Collection too, and it got here yesterday. I'm loving it. I also got a Ravenclaw soap, as it is my house :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The fortune cookie soaps are adorable!

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oooh, I wish I had found this thread a few months earlier! I signed up for the quarterly box, but it will be for the fall box, so I have to wait., bummer... but to hold me over in the meantime, I bought a bunch of stuff from the Wizard Collection (Aiiiiiiiieeeee! I LOVE me some Harry Potter anything!!
wub.gif
) Hope it gets here soon!  The one thing I wanted badly though was sold out- the polyjuice bubbling bath oil.  Drat!!   I love those lil' fortune cookie soaps- they look adorable (I got my house, ravenclaw
wink.gif

I am learning about so many new subs, that I had never even heard of before joining MUT and I have found some really cool ones... (this is of course, bad for my wallet! Ha!) I was already a birchbox, ipsy, juelp subscriber before here, now I'm getting beauty army, fortune cookie, and on the wait list for yuzen.... and sniffing around for others too.  MUT is dangerous!!!
roflmao.gif
In my last FCS order I got a Ravenclaw soap too! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was the only thing I ended up getting from the Wizard Collection. I thought about getting the Sorcerer's Stone soap, but I ended up passing on it... forget why though. Oh well. I ended up getting two bar soaps besides the Ravenclaw fortune cookie -- In the Loop and Kiss My Vine and the Lemon Macaron bath bomb.

Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lily V: I bought a bunch from the Wizard Collection too, and it got here yesterday. I'm loving it. I also got a Ravenclaw soap, as it is my house
smile.gif
The fortune cookie soaps are adorable!
Howdy fellow Housemate!
biggrin.gif
  Oooh, I cant wait for my order to get here- I hope it's here before Wed (I'm going home for a few days to visit family..and will be verrry far away from my HP soapie goodies if it comes late!)

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In my last FCS order I got a Ravenclaw soap too! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was the only thing I ended up getting from the Wizard Collection. I thought about getting the Sorcerer's Stone soap, but I ended up passing on it... forget why though. Oh well. I ended up getting two bar soaps besides the Ravenclaw fortune cookie -- In the Loop and Kiss My Vine and the Lemon Macaron bath bomb.
I got the sorcerer's stone (and the horocrux bath melt, and the Chocolate Frog Hydrate Me, and butterbeer body butter, ravenclaw soap... eeeeep!) but I rationalized it was going away soon so...
wink.gif
  Have either of you used your ravenclaw soap yet?  Does the fragrance linger long after washing your hands?  (which I hope it does...)  Are there any other products from that you'd recommend? (I also bought from the sale section, a Down to Earth Hydrate Me! conditioning bar too, since it sounded cool (& was on sale)

I cant wait for my FCS box to arrive! It looks like LUSH but way cuter!

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lily V: I bought a bunch from the Wizard Collection too, and it got here yesterday. I'm loving it. I also got a Ravenclaw soap, as it is my house
smile.gif
The fortune cookie soaps are adorable!
Howdy fellow Housemate!
biggrin.gif
  Oooh, I cant wait for my order to get here- I hope it's here before Wed (I'm going home for a few days to visit family..and will be verrry far away from my HP soapie goodies if it comes late!)

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the sorcerer's stone (and the horocrux bath melt, and the Chocolate Frog Hydrate Me, and butterbeer body butter, ravenclaw soap... eeeeep!) but I rationalized it was going away soon so...
wink.gif
  Have either of you used your ravenclaw soap yet?  Does the fragrance linger long after washing your hands?  (which I hope it does...)  Are there any other products from that you'd recommend? (I also bought from the sale section, a Down to Earth Hydrate Me! conditioning bar too, since it sounded cool (& was on sale)

I cant wait for my FCS box to arrive! It looks like LUSH but way cuter!

I haven't tried mine out. Mainly since I wanna save it for a lil while. Still have a bunch of soap to go through. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But, I got my boyfriend a gift set as part of his Christmas present last year (pretty sure it was the Billy Goats one) and I remember trying it and the scent stayed on my hands for a lil while after, but after like an hour or so, the scent was gone. I'd guess the same with the Ravenclaw one. 

I would totally recommend their body butters. They're the first thing I've EVER tried from FCS and it's by far my favorite product. If you don't wanna commit to the full size versions, you can buy a sample set and pick 4 scents that're currently available. I've tried out a bunch of scents this way. (SOOOOO~ tempted to get the full size of In The Loop, much to my boyfriend's dismay, since he doesn't really like food scented products, which made it hard for me to figure out what to get for him from FCS for Christmas.)

I've noticed that since I got my 2 sets of samples (back in December), the price has gone up on the samples so that it's more expensive than the full size. Not sure why though. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the bar soaps or bath bomb I got. Though, I'm pretty sure that if you love the fortune cookie version, the bar soap is essentially a larger version of it.

I wanted to order some fortune cookie soaps and they have changed there site somewhat. Where do you put the $10 discount code from the box? I could not find anywhere to put it in while checking out to redeem it.  Did I miss something?

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wanted to order some fortune cookie soaps and they have changed there site somewhat. Where do you put the $10 discount code from the box? I could not find anywhere to put it in while checking out to redeem it.  Did I miss something?
I placed an order the other day and there was a coupon code box on the last page of checking out (the page that has the button at the bottom that reads something like "check out" or "place order"). I'm used to companies having a three-step checkout (enter shipping info, enter credit card info, review & check out), but theirs only had two steps.

It worked when I tried it tonight, I don't know what the deal was when I tried before.  The $10 coupon included in the summer box did work, although shipping was $8.95, so that was most of the coupon.

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It worked when I tried it tonight, I don't know what the deal was when I tried before.  The $10 coupon included in the summer box did work, although shipping was $8.95, so that was most of the coupon.
Glad it worked for you! My shipping was almost $13, which is kind of crazy (though I did buy quite a bunch of stuff), but I assume it's because they're a pretty small company.

Latest posts

Back