Fortune Cookie Soap Box : Summer Soap Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It worked when I tried it tonight, I don't know what the deal was when I tried before.  The $10 coupon included in the summer box did work, although shipping was $8.95, so that was most of the coupon.
Glad it worked for you! My shipping was almost $13, which is kind of crazy (though I did buy quite a bunch of stuff), but I assume it's because they're a pretty small company.

Yeah, besides them having mostly food scents, I HATE the fact their shipping seem a bit high, which I'm thinking is because they do a range of shipping, depending on the amount you buy, besides being a small company. >.< It's also why I try and buy when there's a "free shipping" deal (like ones with no minimum amount attached). Though normally, it's free shipping over $75, I think.

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, besides them having mostly food scents, I HATE the fact their shipping seem a bit high, which I'm thinking is because they do a range of shipping, depending on the amount you buy, besides being a small company. >.< It's also why I try and buy when there's a "free shipping" deal (like ones with no minimum amount attached). Though normally, it's free shipping over $75, I think.
$75? That's a lot of soap! 
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$75? That's a lot of soap! 
icon_eek.gif

I couldn't find it on the site, which is weird since I've seen it before. But, I put items in my cart and calculated shipping and it's right. It's a LOT of soap. Though you can also get other things from their site, which can quickly add up. It's good if you like stocking up on stuff though. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I also didn't like the fact that their shipping is so much, but I kind of understand.

I could totally spend $75 there! LoL. My stockpile of bath items is at about zero now, though.

I'm used to buying stuff from a place that doesn't have free shipping until you hit $500.  It's $7.50 up to $150, $12 up to $300, and $14 up to $500.  Smaller companies can't get the deals on shipping that larger companies get, and they simply don't operate on the scale that most of the companies we're used to dealing with.  

They're launching another collection this Friday, unrelated to the stuff they sent out in the summer box.  It's apparently based on _Once Upon a Time_, or maybe just magic or fairy tales.  I'm antsy to see what they roll out before I decide on what to order!

$75 is cheap in that cheapest postage to the uk is $23.95 so to buy a couple of soaps a body butter ,solid shampoo came to $48 with $10 discount from the last soap box . I'm part of the uk group order group and the latest order for the summer collection for me is $250.94 but most of us order between $70-$258 each time and between 15-19 of us we split shipping usually £5 each customs £4.50 each and the major price from the group host to our homes varies £7.10- £34 depending on royal fail or courier.so we tend to do a big group order for collections limited edition or new season ranges and do a small personal ones with our soap code in between if that makes sense. We prefer to use and pay for a good company and choice of which you don't get in the uk . Also $ 75 in soap as someone else said is an easy spend on scrubs, creams, soap, lip scrubs, perfumes and so on . Compare with say bomb cosmetics or lush its fcs all the way .

Uhoh.  They're prepping a carnival-themed mini collection.  I can already hear the giant sucking sound in my general wallet area.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uhoh.  They're prepping a carnival-themed mini collection.  I can already hear the giant sucking sound in my general wallet area.
I saw the little sneak peek picture/description and it sounds like a fun collection! I'm not sure about

kettle corn
scented soap, but I'd like to hear if people like it!

Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw the little sneak peek picture/description and it sounds like a fun collection! I'm not sure about

kettle corn
scented soap, but I'd like to hear if people like it!
Oh my gosh, that sounds right up my alley!

Uh oh indeed!  My wallet is joining yours in the giant sucking sound!  Damn, I love carnival themed stuff!!

DANGERDANGERDANGER! It's out now! I haven't looked at it yet, but I have a feeling I'll be ordering this weekend. ETA: Huh. Or maybe not. I don't do solid soap, bathtub stuff, or body sprays. That leaves a sugar scrub, and I think I want a Mother Pucker sugar scrub.

gah i looked $69 later,i ordered the carnival collection and topped up on extras of the summer range ,as our group uk order we do has just all been processed so we couldnt add to it.

DANGERDANGERDANGER! It's out now! I haven't looked at it yet, but I have a feeling I'll be ordering this weekend.

ETA: Huh. Or maybe not. I don't do solid soap, bathtub stuff, or body sprays. That leaves a sugar scrub, and I think I want a Mother Pucker sugar scrub.
I remember finding a tutorial (need to go to my pinterest board to find it first... I'll edit it in in a lil bit.) that showed how to turn a solid bar of soap into liquid soap. It's a lil bit of work, but ya don't mind it, it could work. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

EDIT: Found the tutorial and here it is. http://www.thefarmersnest.com/2011/11/liquid-hand-soap-diy.html

I remember finding a tutorial (need to go to my pinterest board to find it first... I'll edit it in in a lil bit.) that showed how to turn a solid bar of soap into liquid soap. It's a lil bit of work, but ya don't mind it, it could work. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />EDIT: Found the tutorial and here it is. http://www.thefarmersnest.com/2011/11/liquid-hand-soap-diy.html
I'm allergic to bar soap. It leaves a film on my skin that itches like crazy.

They're having a "Christmas in July" sale over at Fortune Cookie Soaps with some great sounding new Christmas themed soaps and scrubs. Regular fortune cookie shaped soaps (individual ones) are also on sale. I have a whole cart full of things I don't need at all, but the shipping is outrageous this time. The shipping (from Oklahoma to Florida) is more than $18. I just can't do that.

Solid soap makes me itch like crazy, so most of this sale is out for me.  I wish more of the scents were available in scrubs!  There are only two new scrubs in it, and both have Notes of Quease for me (huckleberries in one and banana in the other).  Oh, well.  The summer collection scrubs are the same (regular) price as the sale price of the CiJ stuff, so I'll just get one of those in Mother Pucker (mint and citrus!) and a Don't Be Jelly in Do You Salsa Or Do You Mango? to finish out the summer.  The shipping might be high, but I understand why, and getting a couple of things here stops me from getting *way* too much stuff at B&BW, so I'm willing to pay it.  

And I need to practice restraint now since the _Once Upon a Time_ collection is right around the corner, and I have a feeling I'm going to want most of it because I am more than a little fond of fairy tales (oh, Comparative Literature 330, how I miss you!  What a magical time we had!) even if I *am* something like a year and a half behind on the series.

Aww, that's a bummer that they make you itch! I went ahead and ordered a bunch of stuff for presents *cough*and myself*cough* and paid the shipping anyway. The company has been SO nice to me trying to figure this out, too.

Just got an email: Today is the day they're going to launch the _Once Upon a Time_ limited edition collection, and as a part of that, shipping will be a flat $6.95 per order!

Latest posts

Back