FOTD February 12, 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MY FIRST POST EVER!

Today i wanted to try out my new "Hard Candy" products, so i put together this look. It's pretty simple really but i really like it! I did write a tutorial for this look but I'm probably going to bore you guys to death with just the stuff i have here :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Face

• Urban Decay Urban Defense (halo)
  • Physicians Formula Matte Finishing Veil
  • Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush (Living Doll) *new*
  • The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion

Just a side note, I mix my moisturizer and my tinted moisturizer together. I got my tinted moisturizer in the lightest shade and it was too dark but i forgot to return it until it was too late so I'm stuck with it. It's okay that i'm stuck with it because I really like the formula and i prefer to mix my tinted moisturizer or foundation with normal moisturizer so the coverage is more sheer (I like my imperfections)!

Eyes

• [SIZE=10pt]Urban Decay Glide-on Eye Pencil (Zero)[/SIZE]
  • Hard Candy Eye Def (Pool Boy) *new*
  • Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil (Cottage Cheese)
  • The Body Shop “Eye Color†([SIZE=10pt]Spearmint)[/SIZE]
  • Too Faced Galaxy Glam Baked Eye Shadow (Deep Space)
  • Covergirl Lashblast Volume (Very Black)

I didn't use a primer because I used a cream eyeshadow and I when i used "Deep Space" i wet the brush!

Lips

• Maybelline Baby Lips (Pink Punch)

Oh and I forgot to put a thank you to the people who post their looks everyday(or extremely often) because they inspired me to try and stay away from my normal look (black and silver smokey eye) and do something different everyday!

@myrmillonis, very pretty look! I've seen hard candy products but I haven't tried them. How do you like them?

This is the first time I've tried them after lusting for them for a couple months but so far i like them a lot, I was a little scared of the "Eye Def" cream eyeshadow because when i swatched it it looked patchy but I put it on when i got home and it was good, then i used it for my look today to see the wear time and see if it creases. I prefer cream eyeshadows (or eye pencils) as an all over color because i find it easier to blend with normal eyeshadow (instead of powder on powder i like power on cream). The blush i got is fantastic, i'm so pale if i just go to a store and buy one that catches my eye it is always to dark so i've been afraid of blush for a while but i've looked as swatches and review so hundreds of blushes and finally pickout this one because of how light it is. The main downfall of this blush is a brush barely picks it up, I used my fingers to put the product on my cheek and a brush to blend lol.

Sorry i wrote so much, i just made a blog and plan on doing a review of both products after i test them more!

Very pretty colors!! I love the wet brush method for applying eye shadow.. it always looks so much better!

I feel the same way, i almost always use a wet brush because i like my colors more intense.

gorgeous! love the blue shade on your eyes & that cheek color. 

face: MAC Matchmaster *5.0*

Cheeks: NARS Angelika Powder Blush

Lips: Bonnie Bell Girl Scout Chap Stick Samoa Cookie (i had MAC Candy Yum Yum on last night it stained my lips)

Thanks tismama, I really like how simple your look is. Maybe I will have to try and do a day with no eye makeup, it looks so fresh.

@myrmillonis, experimentation is always fun though isn't it? Oh don't worry about how much you write, if you see some of my posts yours will look simplistic and short and sweet comparatively lol!

@tismama, I like the lips today!

@Slinkycats I love experimenting with makeup. The cool thing about makeup is it doesn't matter if you don't like it, you start fresh tomorrow!

this is a makeover I did today on my friend. She is so gorgeous! Products we used! Witch hazel Neutrogena Lotion NYX primer (lids) Sugarpill purple eyeshadow Yaby pearl purple eyeshadows Stila gel liner NYX blush powdered "pinched" Benefit High Beam RCMA foundation Mehron Concealer Graftobian powders Yaby brow shadow Voluminous mascara NYX saturn lipstick birchbox pink joure gloss Smiths Rose Lip Salve we also filmed it and posted a time lapse on my youtube channel, if anyone wants to see. It is cute. [:

This is just an EOTD

Ulta Eyeshadow - Flirty, Cherry Bomb, Silk

Maybelline 24 hour color tattoo - pomegranite punk

Falsies mascara - black

ELF Cream liner - black

Back