FOTD for August 23rd

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so disappointed that i dont have a camera to take pics today because i am LOVING my FOTD! I rarely have time in the mornings to do full eye make up but i knew everyone was gonna be out of the office this morning until 11 so i brought my make up to work with me & spent the past 45 mins doing it! I'll do this look again at the weekend and take pics.

FACE:

Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation in Fresco

NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder

Stila Convertible Colour in Gladiola

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer under eyes

Dior Skinflash under eyes

EYES:

MAC Bare Canvas as an e/s base

Stila Mystic on lid & under lower lash line

Stila Charm in crease

Stila Kitten in the inner corners & to highlight brow area

MAC Smolder Eye Kohl to line top lash line

Shu Uemera Basic Mascara

LIPS:

Rimmel Lipliner in Get Up & Go

MAC Brew

Clinique Glosswear for Lips in Whisper

FRAGRANCE:

Clinique Happy

Edited: Pics added.. I dont know why but my skin looks really bumpy in the pics. its weird coz my skin is really good at the moment! Anyway some of the pics were taken with a flash, some without! Please note, pics were taken at the end of the day!

I usually wouldnt either but i just wanted something to lighten up the inner corner & it was the lightest e/s i had with me! It looks good though
biggrin.gif

Pretty, Laura! I am really getting into purple - plum - eggplanty eyeshadow colors! It makes my greenies POP...wish you had pics
icon_sad.gif
, though...

ETA: what color is Mystic? That won't show up on my computer...

That's so weird.. It showed for me but now it has disappeared! Gonna upload it again. Its a bluey/greeny colour (im so bad at explaining colours!)

Originally Posted by Laura Can you see it now Anne? Yep! That's a really pretty color, too! I look forward to your pic of this when you get the chance, its a nice color combo. It's a blessing in disguise I don't have a Stila counter nearby...all of their shadows look lovely. And I believe Trisha said they are double the size of MAC and only a couple dollars more...hell, I might just order one offline to see what all the hoopla is about
icon_cheesygrin.gif
See what you girls do to my poor thinning wallet?!?
BTW, Laura, are you of Irish descent? I am part Irish (well more like 1/4), and I've always wanted to visit Ireland, and Scotland, and England...you get the idea
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I am trying to save up money to go to Europe next summer before I go to college...

Yup they are about double the size of MAC alright & well worth the money. I used to be a MAC only girl but i much prefer my Stila shadows now. Gonna buy lots more of their e/s!

Yup i am 150% irish! My parents are, their parents were & their parents were.. I dont know anymore after that. That's cool that you're part irish! What part of the country was your family from? I'm down the south in Cork

Originally Posted by Laura Yup they are about double the size of MAC alright & well worth the money. I used to be a MAC only girl but i much prefer my Stila shadows now. Gonna buy lots more of their e/s!
Yup i am 150% irish! My parents are, their parents were & their parents were.. I dont know anymore after that. That's cool that you're part irish! What part of the country was your family from? I'm down the south in Cork

I looked on Stila's website, and I think their colors are more my speed, so to speak. I think bright, vivid colors are pretty on other people, I just can't make them look 'right' on myself. I have a question about the packaging though; I think it's cute that it's cardboard, but does it hold up relatively well. I don't carry my eye makeup with me or anything, but I would be sad if I shattered a new eyeshadow that crushed in my bag or got dropped.What shades do you like the best? I like the barefoot contessa, starlight, and I think poise (is that a plum type color? I really want a eggplant-type shade..can you reccommend anything?)

I don't know what region I descend from, but my grandmother has it written down in a lineage chart, and it goes back pretty far...I wish I had it
icon_sad.gif
I am also Swedish and Czech (my maternal grandma is 100%), so I'm a mutt
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Bright Irish green is one of my favorite colors though (besides pink)...I think I want to apply to Notre Dame University partly for the mascot...Fightin' Irish!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:zlxig6GxqLsJ:www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/irish/images/fightin_irish.jpg

sounds really nice Laura, and yes please taks pics of this looks whenever you do it again. don´t think I´ve ever tried to pair colors like that. (and since I don´t have any Stila e/s I think I could try it with Surreal on the lid and Plum on the crease...they look very similar to me according to the swatches you posted)

Anne you have to go to a Stila counter to see the e/s,and try them to see which are best for you,but Stila has a perfect color range and you will find something!Stila has their e/s in cardboard and in pans!I prefer pans to make my own palette,you can do the same thing only you have to buy the palettes to,there are 4pan,6pan and 8pan.I have 5 already and I'm going to buy more,and I think Starlight it's the best eyeshadow to start !!

Originally Posted by anne7 I looked on Stila's website, and I think their colors are more my speed, so to speak. I think bright, vivid colors are pretty on other people, I just can't make them look 'right' on myself. I have a question about the packaging though; I think it's cute that it's cardboard, but does it hold up relatively well. I don't carry my eye makeup with me or anything, but I would be sad if I shattered a new eyeshadow that crushed in my bag or got dropped.What shades do you like the best? I like the barefoot contessa, starlight, and I think poise (is that a plum type color? I really want a eggplant-type shade..can you reccommend anything?)

I don't know what region I descend from, but my grandmother has it written down in a lineage chart, and it goes back pretty far...I wish I had it
icon_sad.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Bright Irish green is one of my favorite colors though (besides pink)...I think I want to apply to Notre Dame University partly for the mascot...Fightin' Irish!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...htin_irish.jpg

Originally Posted by anne7 I looked on Stila's website, and I think their colors are more my speed, so to speak. I think bright, vivid colors are pretty on other people, I just can't make them look 'right' on myself. I have a question about the packaging though; I think it's cute that it's cardboard, but does it hold up relatively well. I don't carry my eye makeup with me or anything, but I would be sad if I shattered a new eyeshadow that crushed in my bag or got dropped.What shades do you like the best? I like the barefoot contessa, starlight, and I think poise (is that a plum type color? I really want a eggplant-type shade..can you reccommend anything?)

To be honest i only converted to Stila 3 weeks ago so i'm not the best person to ask! Trisha & Lea are big fans though & Trisha is a MA for Stila so i'm sure she'll be able to help you out choosing colours. My favourites at the moment are Kitten, Oasis, Jezebel, Latte, Barefoot Contessa, Mystic & Charm. Poise is next on my list!

Originally Posted by anne7 I don't know what region I descend from, but my grandmother has it written down in a lineage chart, and it goes back pretty far...I wish I had it
icon_sad.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Bright Irish green is one of my favorite colors though (besides pink)...I think I want to apply to Notre Dame University partly for the mascot...Fightin' Irish!http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ev=/images?q=fightin+irish&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...htin_irish.jpg

I didn't know the Notre Dame's mascot was Fighting Irish until i saw it in a show on MTV a few weeks ago. I was like "why are all the US dudes wearing fighting irish sweaters"!!

Originally Posted by Arielle sounds really nice Laura, and yes please taks pics of this looks whenever you do it again. don´t think I´ve ever tried to pair colors like that. (and since I don´t have any Stila e/s I think I could try it with Surreal on the lid and Plum on the crease...they look very similar to me according to the swatches you posted) Yup i'm thinking they'd be very similiar too.. Go try it out honey & post pics
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Yup i'm thinking they'd be very similiar too.. Go try it out honey & post pics
biggrin.gif
I´ll do that if we get to see yours too
wink.gif

You will.. I'll defo take pics at the weekend. Or i might even get around to taking pics this evening!

Originally Posted by Laura You will.. I'll defo take pics at the weekend. Or i might even get around to taking pics this evening! *YAY*
claps.gif

That look sounds really lovely Laura, can't wait to see the pics!

I tried Mystic at the weekend and it's such a lovely colour! I'm loving my Stila e/s too!!

Originally Posted by Bhav I tried Mystic at the weekend and it's such a lovely colour! I'm loving my Stila e/s too!! Thanks! What did you pair Mystic with girlie?

Originally Posted by Trisha Sounds awesome Lau! Thanks girlie! And hey i like the combo you just mentioned too. I've Viola on my wishlist so i'll try that out when i get it. I'd say it would look good on blue eyes aswell

Originally Posted by glitter1391 Aight now...It don't look as if you can see my colurs very good. But this is what I used:
L'oreal Cleanser'

L'oreal Moisturizer

Dudleys Dark face powder

Some gold eyeshadow from the body shop (on my lids)

This light rust,goldish, bronzish color on my inside contour (drugstore makeup)

Black/smoke drugstore makeup on my outer contour

Gold shadow on my brow

Bronze Avon highligher on the area under my eyes, my forehead, my chin and the tip of my nose

Black liquid liner (drug store)

Clear mascarra (drug store)

Black Avon mascarra

Brown eyebrow pencil (drugstore)
icon_smile.gif

Brown lip liner

Pink/crystal shimmer on lips (Avon)

Lip gloss

So this is my first time using this web cam thing, eventually I'll get a feel for my makeup and the lightening etc. I don't have a professional kit yet, so bare with my drugstore brands for now!! Thaaaanx
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The gold eyeshadow looks so pretty on your dark skin...and a lot of my stuff is drugstore, but I am working on it! As long as it looks good, who cares what brand it is or where you bought it!

Latest posts

Back