FOTD for August 9th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's me (without pics!).. It's pretty basic but i liked the way my make up turned out today so i thought i'd post it!

FACE:

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder

Stila Convertible Colour in Gladiola

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer under eyes

Christian Dior Skinflash under eyes

EYES:

MAC Bare Canvas as an e/s base

MAC Shroom in the inner corners & to highlight brow area

MAC Patina in the center of the lid

MAC Satin Taupe in crease & outer corners

Bobbi Brown Black Gel Eyeliner to line top lash line

Shu Uemera Basic Mascara (liking this more and more every day!)

LIPS:

MAC Brew Lipstick (as always!)

FRAGRANCE:

Lancome Attraction

icon_cheesygrin.gif
This must be a very nice and natural look Laura!!I see that you've used Dior's Skinflash!Is it a good concealer? I want to try it sometime!

Originally Posted by Laura Here's me (without pics!).. It's pretty basic but i liked the way my make up turned out today so i thought i'd post it!
FACE:

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder

Stila Convertible Colour in Gladiola

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer under eyes

Christian Dior Skinflash under eyes

EYES:

MAC Bare Canvas as an e/s base

MAC Shroom in the inner corners & to highlight brow area

MAC Patina in the center of the lid

MAC Satin Taupe in crease & outer corners

Bobbi Brown Black Gel Eyeliner to line top lash line

Shu Uemera Basic Mascara (liking this more and more every day!)

LIPS:

MAC Brew Lipstick (as always!)

FRAGRANCE:

Lancome Attraction

Thanks Sophia! About Skinflash.. I wouldn't really call it a concealer to be honest. I use it over the concealer because it has light reflecting ingredients (like TSL Touche Eclat) so therefore my dark circles are less visible!

sounds purty laura...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i've been slacking in my fotd posting... here's me for the day...

eyes:

some random lavendar e/s

jane in a jam e/s

MK & Ashley e/l in black

XXL mascara in black (tips only)

face:

regular moisturizer

stila pressed powder in warm

no name blush (similar to stila clay)

lips:

MK & Ashley clear lip gloss

Originally Posted by QurlySq sounds purty laura...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i've been slacking in my fotd posting... here's me for the day...

eyes:

some random lavendar e/s

jane in a jam e/s

MK & Ashley e/l in black

XXL mascara in black (tips only)

face:

regular moisturizer

stila pressed powder in warm

no name blush (similar to stila clay)

lips:

MK & Ashley clear lip gloss

You got rid of your braids?! I liked them. Oh well, you look gorgeous either way!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by gamaki You got rid of your braids?! I liked them. Oh well, you look gorgeous either way!
wink.gif
lol.. yeah, they were gone the same night... i was getting one hell of a bad headache... but THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
icon_redface.gif

I like that pale purple a lot, QurlySq!!! and it still looks so smokey on you

Laura the neutrals sound nice...I am in a neutral phase right now too...I bet that looks pretty on you!!

Please excuse the bad picture, my digi-cam is really bad

On the eyes

Stila e/s - Azure (crease), Mystic (inner lid), Platinum (brow bone, and centre of the lid to finish), Sapphire (liner)

Lancome e/s - Madame Butterfly (outer lid)

Stila Major Lash Mascara - Black

YSL TE (please excuse bags and dark circles under eyes, I had to get up unexpectedly after 3hrs sleep)

Lips

Stila It Gloss - astounding (chocolatey raisiny colour)

I'm loving this It gloss, I think it could be an Autumn Winter staple. It goes on really pigmented to begin with, but after a while it wears off a bit so that your lips look like they're cover in hot chocolate (but in a good way)

Face

Stila Sheer colour powder - Shade 1

Stila CC - Peony

LOL at "your lips look like they're covered in hot chocolate (but in a good way!) You're too funny Lea.. Wish i could see a brighter pic but it sounds lovely
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle I like that pale purple a lot, QurlySq!!! and it still looks so smokey on you Originally Posted by Charmaine Nikki, you're so pretty! I love that look. Originally Posted by lilyindavis Nikki and Lea, you both look GORGEOUS!! Awww, thank you ladies!!! :icon_love ... i think the purples/lilacs/etc are really my goto colors... at least they always tend to make me feel better....
Lea, i love the look for the day... it was funny cuz i was watching charmed when i loaded this page and at first glance you looked like Shannen Dougherty.... maybe that should be ont he lookalikes thread...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thankyou ladies:icon_love

I wish I did have a better camera Laura. It took me ages to get a shot that looked at all acceptable.

I was trying to do a more colourful look for Dare to Be 'cos I wear the 40s/50s look most days but I think it ended up a bit too colourful.

I was a bit inspired by this picture of Kate Moss:

kmoss_30thbday_SPLASH_B.jpg

Nikki: What a lovely compliment!
icon_redface.gif
Thankyou. I love that your skintone means that you can get the looks that us white girls do, like smoky, but with bright colour.

everyone looks/sounds great!

lea, so glad to see a pic of you! you're sooo pretty!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

here's me today:

FACE

biotherm tinted moisturizer in pale

nars blush in orgasm

EYES

milani e/s in taffy, enchantment, and silver bullet

bobbi brown creamy concealer to go

covergirl's super thick lash and l'oreal's volumous mascara

LIPS

mac peachstock lipstick

mac prrr lipglass

here are pics, but they're horrible. excuse my hair, too LOL haven't washed it in like, 3 days because it's getting so dry!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh Jen you're so gorgeous! I love the purple eyes and the lips too! thank you! i use the purple a lot because i think it's so pretty.
oh, and it's midnight, so that's why i look so sleepy LOL

Beautiful, girls!!!
claps.gif

Qurly... lovin' you sans braids
wink.gif
You look gorgeous today!!

Lea- you do kinda look like Shannon!! Love the lips!

Jen - I can't believe how much the purple brings out the green in your eyes! Love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Lea, I can kinda see the covered in hot chocolate thing....fab description btw *lol* anyway you look gorgeous although the pic isn´t very clear!!! :icon_love

Jennifer you sexy b**** *lol* I just wanted to give this compliment back to you
biggrin.gif
(relating to your comment on myspace *hehe*)...I´m surprised the Milani e/s show up that well!!! and purple is soo your color, it really brings out your eyes.

janelle, i was pretty surprised at how purple brought my green eyes out, too!

andrea, LOL! yeah, i think this is the most pigmented milani e/s.

Originally Posted by Jennifer janelle, i was pretty surprised at how purple brought my green eyes out, too!
andrea, LOL! yeah, i think this is the most pigmented milani e/s.

For all you green eyed beauties out there: Here is why purple is SO the right color for you:
If you look at the color wheel, red is opposite of green (which explains why everything at Christmas always looks so pretty) What do you get when you mix blue with red? You get purple. Purple brings out the green in your eyes because of the red in purple.

All colors that are opposite of eachother on the color wheel will enhance eachother.

biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back