FOTD for July 13th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm lovin' this look today! Mixing pine green with some bronze and peach. You know me...always playing with color.
biggrin.gif

Skin:

Becca Luminous Skin Color in Sand - used as a replacement for my moisturizer w/ sunscreen. Gives the sheerest color possible with SPF 20+.

Becca Stick Foundation in Latte - sheer application on nose and chin.

Becca Concealer in Latte - for dark areas around eyes.

Becca Loose Powder(s) - Bisque and Ginger, blended together in a small glass bowl and brushed on with Kevyn Aucoin's Face/Blush brush.

Eyes:

Trish McEvoy Mint Glaze as a wash on lids and in crease.

Trish McEvoy Bronze Glaze as in crease and in outer wedge of eyes.

YSL Single Shadow #3 - as a sheer wash on browbone. This pink color comes off almost peachy-pink with a sheer golden flash when applied light.

YSL Single Shadow #11 - to line top and lower lashlines. This is a rich shimmery pine green shadow that works well as a liner for lighter skintones. I use a thicker liner brush for a soft, smokey effect.

YSL Longueur Intense Mascara #6 - deep green. Several coats on lashes.

Cheeks:

Sue Devitt Studio in The Gold Coast - as bronzer on cheeks, chin, nose and forehead.

Stila Rouge Pots in Lotus - pink cream blush

Lips:

Laura Mercier Sweet Dreams lipstick - peachy shimmer

Lancome Le Lipstique liner in Ideal

Chanel Glossimer in Zanzibar

Edited to add FOTD picture:

july13th_part2_smaller.JPG

Note: My hair is not finished!!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I'm lovin' this look today! Mixing pine green with some bronze and peach. You know me...always playing with color.
biggrin.gif

Skin:

Becca Luminous Skin Color in Sand - used as a replacement for my moisturizer w/ sunscreen. Gives the sheerest color possible with SPF 20+.

Becca Loose Powder(s) - Bisque and Ginger, blended together in a small glass bowl and brushed on with Kevyn Aucoin's Face/Blush brush.

Eyes:

YSL Single Shadow #3 - as a sheer wash on browbone. This pink color comes off almost peachy-pink with a sheer golden flash when applied light.

YSL Single Shadow #11 - to line top and lower lashlines. This is a rich shimmery pine green shadow that works well as a liner for lighter skintones. I use a thicker liner brush for a soft, smokey effect.

Cheeks:

Sue Devitt Studio in The Gold Coast - as bronzer on cheeks, chin, nose and forehead.

Lips:

icon_redface.gif

Wow!! You know.... it sounds great when you describe it but it looks even better when you can see it..Love the lips!Late posting but here was my face today:
JI Warm Silk Amazing base

LM shimmer bronzer

MAC Vanilla pig.from lash to brow

MAC Smut in the crease

MAC Engraved to line upper lashes

MAC Fibre Riche mascara

MAC Viva GlamV lipglass

Aww, thanks! I was about to post some rolling tumbleweeds or cobwebs in this thread. Glad to see others have FOTDs! I decided to post my picture because when I look at all the products I use, it sounds like a LOT is going on my face. I don't want everyone to think I look like a clown.
tongue.gif

It's nice to see other pale girls using high-contrast colors for eyes. I think Vanilla pigment and Smut work very well together. With a black liner it's stunning! Do you use a dense bristle brush when applying Smut, or do you use a fluffier brush? You'll probably laugh, but I use two brushes - a tight, dense brush for the deepest contour, then a fluffy brush to add a softer layer of color over the crease, blending up and out.

Take care!

Originally Posted by allisong Wow!! You know.... it sounds great when you describe it but it looks even better when you can see it..Love the lips!Late posting but here was my face today:
JI Warm Silk Amazing base

LM shimmer bronzer

MAC Vanilla pig.from lash to brow

MAC Smut in the crease

MAC Engraved to line upper lashes

MAC Fibre Riche mascara

MAC Viva GlamV lipglass

Nice work! Thanks for posting your pic -- I had been wishing I could see what some of these FOTDs actually LOOK like. Your make-up looks much more soft than what I had pictured when I read the post initially. How much time did you spend on this look?

PS. I use two brushes when applying eye make-up as well, so no laughs from me.
smile.gif

This was about 20 minutes. I take it nice n' slow and play around.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Nice work! Thanks for posting your pic -- I had been wishing I could see what some of these FOTDs actually LOOK like. Your make-up looks much more soft than what I had pictured when I read the post initially. How much time did you spend on this look?
PS. I use two brushes when applying eye make-up as well, so no laughs from me.
smile.gif

Wow! You look so pretty!!! I love your makeup! Mine today was Victoria's Secret pink slip ligloss only. I forgot my makeup bag home.
frown.gif

WOW so awesome!!

YOu are very pretty!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

I'm lovin' this look today! Mixing pine green with some bronze and peach. You know me...always playing with color.
biggrin.gif

Skin:

Eyes:

Cheeks:

Lips:

icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Aww, thanks! I was about to post some rolling tumbleweeds or cobwebs in this thread. Glad to see others have FOTDs! I decided to post my picture because when I look at all the products I use, it sounds like a LOT is going on my face. I don't want everyone to think I look like a clown.
tongue.gif

It's nice to see other pale girls using high-contrast colors for eyes. I think Vanilla pigment and Smut work very well together. With a black liner it's stunning! Do you use a dense bristle brush when applying Smut, or do you use a fluffier brush? You'll probably laugh, but I use two brushes - a tight, dense brush for the deepest contour, then a fluffy brush to add a softer layer of color over the crease, blending up and out.

Take care!

In answer to your query(sorry I'm tardy)I use 2 brushes also so I laugh not.. I use MAC 217 for the wash and 219 for crease work(219 is dense but I'm sure you know that) then I go back over with the 217 to blend..I prefer the more intense shades even though I'm pale..I think lighter shades wash we out

Thanks Reija and Tony!
smile.gif

Allisong, believe it or not, I'm not well versed in MAC brushes. I have a few but my favorites have been in my collection for years so I'm not doing much research on other brands. Eyeshadow brushes really do last forever! My oldest is reaching eight years and still performs and looks new.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Thanks Reija and Tony!
smile.gif

Allisong, believe it or not, I'm not well versed in MAC brushes. I have a few but my favorites have been in my collection for years so I'm not doing much research on other brands. Eyeshadow brushes really do last forever! My oldest is reaching eight years and still performs and looks new.

I'm sorry..My bad..I shouldn't assume..I just know so many people that use MAC I think everyone does..The 217 is a semi fluffy brush great for washes and blending and the 219 is a dense pencil shaped brush that IMO is a must have for crease work and other detailing(like smokey lining)

Latest posts

Back