FOTD SPECIAL! - November 17th, 2007

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVERYONE looks so great!

Here's my FOTD.

Products used (all MAC unless stated otherwise)

Face:

Studio Fix Fluid NW45

Eyes:

Urban Decay E/S Primer Potion

Swish - inner lid

Cranberry - outer lid & crease

Era - under brow highlight

Cover Girl Volume Exact - Black

Cheeks:

Ambering Rose

Lips:

Sophisto

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

This is such an encouraging FOTD today! This isn't just about ethnicity, I think, but about seeing new and different faces, because I like to post (pretty) regulalarly on FOTD, and so do some of my other WoC members who are on here today, but it's nice to see even more faces! What's even nicer is that it seems to be bringing even MORE people out of the woodwork that aren't black are hispanic or asian, but who just probably don't post as much because of being shyer and that is GREAT!
smile.gif
And Benebaby, I'd LOVE to see your FOTD! I've always wondered why you don't do more!
smile.gif
I hope this means we'll be seeing these new faces more often from now own! I do like our FOTDs, but sometimes it can seem like the same 8 gals posting over and over, and this is great today!

BTW Nox, I am feeling much better after days of feeling like crap from my cold or whatever it was, and it is beautiful outside, so I think I will do a nice shower mini-spa and PARTICIPATE!!!
biggrin.gif
(This is the first day I woke up this week and said "I feel great!" How convenient, huh?)

The next batch of people: WELCOME! I'm glad you could make it in today!

Hey Lglala, you look great! I love your strong brows because it lends a powerful look to your face, I think you groom them very well.

"Ms. Liger" you know you don't need a whole lot of makeup to bring out your beauty. You've got those cute big "doe eyes". The lipstick looks good on you!

GBoo! Yeeeaaah! A brand spanking newbie is in the house! How do you like it so far here? The blue looks beautiful, I own a similar shade and will be using that in my next FOTD today.

RachaelMarie, yes yes yes!
rockwoot.gif
That lilac suits you perfectly! I once had a Revlon Cream Shadow set that had the almost exact same colors, I used it to the last drop! I may just buy exactly what you used to so Ican replicate that once again.

BBPrincess so pretty in pink! Love it. I think I may have to run out and get colors to replicate that look also, I love it. I like how you used gold on the inner parts of your eye. I usually use silvery colors, I think it may be time for me to try something new.
wink.gif

Quote:
BTW Nox, I am feeling much better after days of feeling like crap from my cold or whatever it was, and it is beautiful outside, so I think I will do a nice shower mini-spa and PARTICIPATE!!!
biggrin.gif
(This is the first day I woke up this week and said "I feel great!" How convenient, huh?) Well I'm glad you're feeling so much better. I fully expect to see your pretty face in here as well, later on!
biggrin.gif

Great turnout everyone has their own thing going and it all works!

Thanks everyone on the brows, but I really got to thank the lady who shapes them, she was the one who told me to grow them out slowly, I don't know what I would do without her! Next time I see her I am hugging her ..lol

Those bushy brows came in handy for styling :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif GBoo! Yeeeaaah! A brand spanking newbie is in the house! How do you like it so far here? The blue looks beautiful, I own a similar shade and will be using that in my next FOTD today. Thanks nox! and yeah, loads of fun! was going to enter D2B, but missed the dealine--oh well, maybe next time!

Oh. My. Goodness. Everyone is so freakin' gorgeous - I love seeing the different styles and skintones and features represented! Nox, this was a brilliant thing to do! Thank you!

-b.

Angi011-1.jpg

Angi013.jpg

Angi002-1.jpg

Angi010-1.jpg

Here goes - my first FOTD! It's kinda intimidating since everyone looks so great, but here goes! P.S. don't mind my messy bathroom!!!

Face:

Max Factor Colour Adapt Liquid Makeup in Rich Mocha

Eyes:

Mary Kay eyeshadow

Sugarplum

Whipped Cocoa

Virtual Violet

e.l.f regular mascara

Cheeks:

jeni lee blush

Lips:

some pink shimmer lipstick

MAC Pink Patina lip varnish

yess, punctured skirt the purple combo is my new favorite to wear!! it looks amazing on you!
smile.gif
good work.

MacManiac, WELCOME! Glad you could make it in! Those pink lips are awesome! So if I got the MAC Pink Patina Varnish and put it over the lipstick I used in my first FOTD, do you think I could arrive at that color? I love it, and would like to recreate it sometime.

_____

Okay, here is my second of three FOTDs for today. Well, it's really more of an EOTD and a LOTD rather a simple FOTD. I am having an issue with hives and an irritated right eye right now, and I was trying to see how I could still be presentable while still participating. So I just cropped out my left eye, and my smiling lips!

It's so hard to capture true color on this craptastic camera of mine, so I tried to be in a place as dark as possible to try to pick up as much color detail. I'm sorry, but the eyeshadow looks muddy and washed out. On the other hand, I am satisfied that my eye came out less goblin-looking than usual. I like lowlight, LOL!

I call this ensemble: Guns 'N Roses

DCFC0091a.jpg
DCFC0100a.jpg
DCFC0101a.jpg

Thanks Nox! Yea, I don't even know the name of the lipstick, just some drugstore brand that is a pale pink w/shimmer, then the MAC over the top. I'm sure it'd look great on you too!! I gotta ask you, what colors did you use for your eyes in that Gun N Roses combo? It looks great!

wow, you girls look awesome!!

face: revlon colorstay

eyes: UDPP, black tied, old gold pigment & tempting in crease. benefit high brow on arch. benefit brow zings for brows. sephora lashes.

cheeks: tarte park avenue princess. mac cheek blush.

lips: mac myth l/s.

eyes1.jpg

face1.jpg

face2.jpg

Macwhore, i love your brows they look natural but done. & ive got the same earrings
smile.gif

Maybe i'll do this. never done a fotd, but why not?

Ill think about it lol

Gorgeous everyone!!

JLowe, I swear you are the absolute spitting image if my cousin, it spins me out everytime I see your pics!!

MacManiac, I'm sorry, I forgot to post what I used, LOL! But it is really simple.

EYES:

I used L'Oreal Lush "Raven", blended up to the brow bone. I also used it to underline my eyes. I used L'Oreal On The Loose Pigment "Night Fever" down the center of my lid.

LIPS:

Revlon Colorstay "Smoothest Wine"

MacWhore, you look marvelous! Are those two different blushes you used on your cheeks? (I'm looking at your m/u list). Is one of them more of a highlighter? Please explain. I like however you did it, they do look nice!

LaItaliana, do it do it do it!!!!

I love it!!! you did a great job, I wish I could do mine that good
smile.gif
I mainly use pigments, regular pallete dark eyeshadows make my eye lids break out. mac pigments are the only ones that dont. Have you tried this look with pigments? I'd love to see what colors you used if so
smile.gif
)

Originally Posted by jlowe86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been practicing some smokey looks, because I have a photoshoot coming up and this is the look the model is going for. I tried using a different highlight today and it looks like crap I know lol but any other CC is welcomed! Haha also ignore my hair, it hasn't been styled yet
smile.gif
I look silly!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...smokeyeye6.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...smokeyeye4.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...smokeyeye5.jpg

SILLY!!!!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...smokeyeye3.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...smokeyeye7.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...smokeyeye8.jpg

I used:

Cinema Secrets Foundation in 501

MAC Blot Powder in Medium

MAC Blush in Pink Swoon

MAC glimmershimmer in Pink

MAC Aquitease Lip Palette (Pinks)

MAC e/s in Carbon

Prestige e/s in Silver and Gray (don't know the name)

MAC e/s in Motif

L'Oreal Hip Liner in black

MOD fake lashes

OK.. I'm late to the party, but here is my FOTD. This is also my first time doing a FOTD EVER!!!!

Nov17open.jpg

Nov17closed.jpg

Face: MUFE Duo Mat, Clinique Uplighting Bronze, MAC setting powder

Eyes: NARS Balthazar duo, MAC Del Sol e/l, L'Oreal HiP mascara, Lancome e/l (cant remember color)

Cheeks: PX Terracotta blush, LM Bronze Mosaic

Lips: MAC All Grown up l/s, Lancome l/g (cant remember name)

Excuse my brows. i am growing them out because they got really screwed up last time I had them done.

Oh wow everyone looks gorgeous! I might have to add people to my MUT crush list.

I almost forgot about this - but here is my participation. Excuse it as it is technically the face from the night before! But the make-up stayed on (mostly... blush is barely there now) I looked tired... but yeah... parked my car in the driveway and snapped these.

Face:

MAC MSF SatinFinish

MAC MSF Natural

Cargo Bronzer

Milani Blush Sunset

MAC Fix+ for Finish

Eyes:

UDPP

MAC Shadestick Shimmersand

MAC Shroom

MAC Tan Pigment

MAC Amber Lights

MAC Bronze

MAC Fluidline Blacktrack

MAC Powerpoint Pencil Engraved

Dior Diorshow Mascara

L'Oreal Voluminous

Lips:

MAC Creamstick Liner Beurre

MAC Tendertone Take A Hint

MAC BLM Lipstick Style It Up

MAC BLM LipGlass Fashion Pack

Yes... all of that. I just like mixing makeup together for parties. It lasts longer.

fotd111707.jpg

fotd1117072.jpg

fotd1117073.jpg

fotd1117074.jpg

Latest posts

Back