Found: Skin/Hair/Healthcare Products Your Doctors Don't Know About #1: Cold Sores

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Reaction score
I've just come across a solution treatment for cold sore sufferers that are finding it difficult to get results. Click here to learn more.

Reaction score
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil may sound crazy, but it actually works great for healing cold sores! Applying coconut oil directly to the sore area (or using as a topical treatment) helps promote healing by increasing blood circulation, fighting off bacteria, and helping in the recovery of damaged skin cells.
2. Honey
There have been many claims over the years regarding honey’s ability to fight infection and heal wounds. But did you know that honey may help prevent cold sores? Scientists at Johns Hopkins University say that honey could possibly help reduce symptoms related to herpes simplex virus infections. There appear to be three ways honey could work: First, honey is antibacterial; second, honey contains hydrogen peroxide, a natural antibiotic; and third, honey increases the body's immune system response.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel (also known as aloe barbadensis leaf gel) is highly regarded for its soothing qualities and has long been considered good for burns, sunburns, cuts, bruises, scrapes, and rashes. Research shows that aloe vera gel may not only relieve pain but also speed up the healing process.
4. Sea Salt Spray
In studies conducted by scientists at the University of Bath, sea salt spray was tested as a possible remedy for preventing cold sores. Their findings were published in the journal Infection And Chemotherapy. According to their results, applying a few sprays of sea salt might help alleviate some of the symptoms associated with cold sores.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has been shown to kill staph bacteria and viruses. In fact, tea tree oil has been proven effective against several types of bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections, including those that cause cold sores.
6. Zinc Gels
Zinc gels can provide relief from painful cold sores. You can get zinc supplements orally for this purpose. Or, you can use a gel-based product instead. A study published in Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine stated that a zinc oxide gel caused fewer side effects than oral zinc supplements in treating cold sores.
7. Lactic Acid
Lactic acid is commonly used in foods (especially dairy products) and cosmetics. But did you know lactic acid can also be applied topically to treat cold sores? Researchers from Northumbria University suggest that lactic acid may stimulate the production of white blood cells, which help protect against viruses.

Reaction score
Have you tried any of them?;)
I have tried some of them, I use coconut oil and almond oil for my hair and as a moisturizer as well, and Coconut oil is the best for me, I have dry skin and it worked well as a moisturizer.
I aloe vera plant and weekly I use the gel for my face.

makeupbyomar

Professional Make-up Artist
Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried some of them, I use coconut oil and almond oil for my hair and as a moisturizer as well, and Coconut oil is the best for me, I have dry skin and it worked well as a moisturizer.
I aloe vera plant and weekly I use the gel for my face.

But not for cold sores you haven't!

Anyone can cut-and-paste anything from the internet and post them anywhere. It doesn't mean that the information is true.

Latest posts