Found the Ultimate E/S base!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow guys... I am surprisingly SHOCKED!

After hearing all the talk about eyeshadow bases and shadows with good staying power... I figured I'd check it out at my next shopping outing. I think it was Laura? that mentioned the L'oreal Decrease base... I dont' remember who said it - anyway, I saw that at Walgreens... but the $8.00 price tag kinda turned me off - so I looked around in other brands. Didn't really see anything. So I pretty much just left without anything. Then later on I went to Sally's looking for train cases - and I came across a pretty bland looking package in the back of the store (Where they have 'sealed w/ a kiss' lipstick sealers) it is by "Claudia Stevens".. it's called "All Day Shadow Base". Claims to "Set shadow and liner to stay all day and night!" (Works for me! LOL) It's a little jar - and the cream is almost a pearlescent white. It was only $4.99, so I figured - what the heck. My god guys... I put this on at 7:15 am over my entire lid, from lash line to brow bone, and some just under my lower lash line where I also apply liner - I then allowed it to set a few minutes (as per the instructions) and then did my shadows as usual... OK it's now 9:44pm... and my shadow and eyeliner looks EXACTLY like it did this morning!!!! I'm not even kidding... not a smear of liner, not a smidge of creasing ... NOTHING!!! This stuff is AMAZING!!!! And I used some cream shadow as well as powder. And usually whenever I use creams, it's caked in the crease in an hour. Powder shadows usually crease up mid-day. Almost 15 hours later, and NOTHING HAS MOVED!!!!!
icon_eek.gif
I really can't believe it... from something that most people would just pass by in the store too - it's unbelievable... I tried taking a pic of my lids, but my lighting wasn't that great - so you'll just have to take my word for it! Here are some pics of the package and the jar...

IMG_1422.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg

Yeah - it's a good deal... I've never tried Urban Decay's... but I used to just use Clinique's touch base for eyes, and this stuff is WAY better than that. (And I thought that was good until I tried this today!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sounds fab Janelle.. Yet another product we can't get in Ireland!! I'm gonna try something else soon coz i'm getting sick of MAC Bare Canvas

PS. It wasn't me who mentioned L'Oreal Decrease!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 PS. It wasn't me who mentioned L'Oreal Decrease!
biggrin.gif
Oh ... whoops! Sorry! I'm too lazy to hunt through posts! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

that's awesome Janelle! we don't have Sally's here in Honolulu
eek.gif
, but i'm sure i could find it or a replica somewhere.

Originally Posted by broken I guess I'll be taking a little trip to Sally's today. Thanks for the info. I cannot wait to test it on my greasy lids.
icon_smile.gif
I love it... it's awesome!

Wow! Sounds great! Thanks for the info. I REALLY need to take a trip to Sallys since my eye shadows are always gone by the end of the day.

Mine is too - but this stuff somehow keeps it in place. I really like that it keeps eyeliner from smearing. Usually if my eyeshadow isn't all over my face, it's my eyeliner that has bled to give me that nice raccoon look. Then I'd have to take a finger and give it the ol' SWOOSH - just so I end up with a line about 2 inches past the end of my eye for a ''uber Oriental" look LOL I think by letting this stuff 'set' for a few minutes before applying makeup gives you a really good base. Heck this stuff looks good on its own as a highighter. It's a pearlized white color. So it's a little shimmery - but looks pretty on its own.

I'd read about claudia stevens base somewhere, and went to Sally's this week to look for it, as I am running low on UDPP. I have Loreal Decrease, but it doesn't really impress me, and I wanted to see if I could find another brand that was less $$ than UD.

The Claudia Stevens Eyeshadow primer I found at Sallys is in a tube, not a pot, and it has an applicator wand. It looks white, but goes on your lids clear, which doesn't matter to me since I will be putting shadow over it anyway. Both yesterday and today I put the CS on one eye and UDPP on the other, and then used Wet n Wild's MegaEyes shadow in Fine Wink - a decent shadow but not one that stays well w/o primer.

Well, both eyes looked great yesterday, AND today. The only thing I DON'T like about this primer is that is has a slightly grainy texture. Not a texture I want to be rubbing into my eyelids. However, it is I believe $4.99 normally, I got it on sale for $2.59, and as long as you are gentle with the application, the graininess shouldn't be a problem.

I will have to look and see if they still have the pot version next time I am at Sally's.

PS not sure how much product is in the UD tube, but CS is .33 fl. oz.

Originally Posted by jen19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd read about claudia stevens base somewhere, and went to Sally's this week to look for it, as I am running low on UDPP. I have Loreal Decrease, but it doesn't really impress me, and I wanted to see if I could find another brand that was less $$ than UD.
The Claudia Stevens Eyeshadow primer I found at Sallys is in a tube, not a pot, and it has an applicator wand. It looks white, but goes on your lids clear, which doesn't matter to me since I will be putting shadow over it anyway. Both yesterday and today I put the CS on one eye and UDPP on the other, and then used Wet n Wild's MegaEyes shadow in Fine Wink - a decent shadow but not one that stays well w/o primer.

Well, both eyes looked great yesterday, AND today. The only thing I DON'T like about this primer is that is has a slightly grainy texture. Not a texture I want to be rubbing into my eyelids. However, it is I believe $4.99 normally, I got it on sale for $2.59, and as long as you are gentle with the application, the graininess shouldn't be a problem.

I will have to look and see if they still have the pot version next time I am at Sally's.

thanks for the review! i'll have to check it out cuz i don't feel like paying $14 for primer potion.

Originally Posted by jen19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd read about claudia stevens base somewhere, and went to Sally's this week to look for it, as I am running low on UDPP. I have Loreal Decrease, but it doesn't really impress me, and I wanted to see if I could find another brand that was less $$ than UD.

Cool deal! Thanks for the info!

I really need to visit a Sally near me for one of those to try
smile.gif
Thanks for sharing

Wow, cant beat a product that works and cost under $$5!!

Originally Posted by keaLoha /img/forum/go_quote.gif that's awesome Janelle! we don't have Sally's here in Honolulu
eek.gif
, but i'm sure i could find it or a replica somewhere. Feel you Maui doesn't have a Sally's either
scared.gif
, the only beauty supply store we do have you have to have a Cosmo License to buy from which sucks!!

I must try...of course our Sally's just closed, but I will find another one that is close.

Thanks.

Do they still make this or sell it? I will have to go to Sallys and check it out. I go there all the time (I am a hairstylist) but have never really looked for it. One more thing on my list of things to buy
eusa_whistle.gif

Latest posts

Back