Foundation Advice?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I currently use Estee Lauder's Doublewear in 5W1 Bronze ( 4W1 Shell Beige makes me look ashy!!). Sometimes I want a dewy look (bc ELDW dries to a matte finish), and also, Bronze is slightly too dark for me, but just barely. However, Doublewear is the closest I've ever come to my HG foundation, so I'm not gonna give it up, lol.

I was thinking, do you guys think layering Nars Sheer Glow over it would make it a little lighter and dewy? I've seen Nur from YT do it, and she has a gorgeous finish, but others have suggested it as well. Or should I layer MUFE HD over Doublewear, so it looks more satiny? 

Ughhh so confused! Help a girl find her HG face foutine, lol!! <3

I don't know that Nars product, but i think i would try layering it. The HD foundation from Makeup Forever doesn't really seem dewy to me, more like satin so the effect would be really subtle. Plus i have noticed the HD foundation tends to be choking for the skin if used on a regular basis.

I personally use Teint idole from Lancome, then a MSF powder from MAC (Soft and Gentle). This works well for me in terms of having a dewy skin. That said i'm shade 2 (pale ! lol ) so a little is enough to brighten my face.

Have you tried mixing it with an illuminator, or using an illumating primer underneath? I would not suggest layering the foundation. ELDW is very heavy, and I think layering with another foundation with only add to the heaviness of it. You could also try setting with an illuminating face powder.

Mix in something like Benefit's Sun Beam or NARS Laguna Illuminator (the liquid one) before application of your foundation.  Or use an illuminating setting powder like internetchick suggested.  Sephora Collection just came out with a microsmooth foundation powder that has a rather dewy look to it and comes in a range of shades.  Too Faced has their Pink Leopard and Peach Leopard illuminating powders as well.  Benefit has the Dallas plum shade that is shimmery with some color, and Dandelion, which is an illuminating pink beauty powder.

Back