foundation coverage

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so, I have very oil skin which is also sensitive and acne prone. I've been using maybelline mineral power powder, but it doesn't completely help with keeping my skin from getting oily through out the day. I want to try something new, I just don't have a clue what. I need some suggestions and opinions. I want full coverage and something that keeps my skin looking matte.

I love that brush.  Its awesome. Have you tried using a primer?  ELF has a face primer that's inexpensive.  I use Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer.  It keeps the oils in check. You can use this before any foundation to help it last longer.  You can also find a different mmu that has better coverage and staying power.  I liked Everyday Mineral and Pur Mineral.  I now make my own so I don't buy either.  

I have very oily skin and it's acne prone too but it doesn't matter which foundation I use...eventually, I just have to blot or re-powder. I have been using L'oreal true match super blendable foundation and it's pretty good. I'd say in a typical day I blot/powder twice. Hope you find something that works!

i actually was thinking about trying the MAC studio fix powder, it sounds like it would work. I love powder foundation too, they tend to work a lot better for oily skin. Thank you ladies =)

Have you tried Milk of Magnesia?  Dab some on to your most troublesome areas after your moisturize, prime, then cover with your foundation.  I use mineral makeup too and have very oily skin... this combo seems to work for me.

Try different things out, eventually you'll find what works best for you... unfortunately its thru trial and error.

I have oily combo skin and I use mineral foundation rather than powder as well and that really works. I use Motives Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation because it is literally liquid powder and it's awesomely lightweight! No advertising intended

I had the same problem, that and my makeup rubbing off on my boyfriend's shirts. I got the bare minerals kit from Sephora in the matte and it works wonders. 

I have pretty oily skin too, I like to use unscented sensitive baby wipes on my face before I apply anything, even if my skin is already clean. After that its a little oil-free moisturizer, and mineral powder. Don't seem to have any problems with it so far. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back