Foundation disaster

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
right well i brought a new liquid foundation yesterday and i tried it on last night, at first it seemed ok but then i noticed that around the nose it what like spotty/dotty and i tried to blend it but it dries very quickly, iv experienced this b4 with other liquid foundations, does any1 know why this happens or how i cud improve it, thanx

becky x x x

hi becky and welcome to mut. i'm monnie from michigan. what brand of foundation was it?

hi ya, i tried revlon colourstay, my friend sed it was really good and that she doenst get that problem, so i dont no what it is

Most people I know don't need to much coverage around their nose, just a bit of powder to cut down on the shine. You could try mixing the foundation with a bit of moisturiser. This will make it a bit sheerer, but will make it easier to blend to and it shouldn't dry to quickly. If this doesn't work you could try a face primer, I know some of the girls here use the Laura Mercier or NARS ones.

welcome to MUT!

i get that, too, when i don't exfoliate. maybe you should try that, if you don't
smile.gif

hi ya thnx for the advice, i already exfoliate twice a week is there anythin else u do, i think im gona try use moisturiser with the foundation first see how that goes

I used to get this on my chin and jaw back when I didn´t exfoliate. if exfoliating alone doesn´t work, try Microdermabrasion (this REALLY exfoliates. L´Oreal has a kit that isn´t all that expensive and works, although I have never tried more expensive versions. I still like the L´Oreal one)

OR: what has made my skin a lot more softer is applying Apple Cider Vinegar, for me this works even better than using a facial exfoliator. if you look throught the skincare forum you´re gonna find a couple of threads about ACV.

Originally Posted by Arielle try Microdermabrasion (this REALLY exfoliates. L´Oreal has a kit that isn´t all that expensive and works, although I have never tried more expensive versions. I still like the L´Oreal one) I forgot to mention exfoliating! There have been a lot of samples of the L'oreal microdermabrasion kit in magazines in the UK lately so you could see if you can find a sample in a magazine so you can try before you buy because I think the kit is about £15.00 which is cheap as chips if it works, but an expensive mistake if it doesn't.

Yea, exfoliating is good. But you said you already do that so I would go with the moisturizer/foundation mix. Just make sure you mix well and hopefully that would make it a little easier to apply too.

Definitely try moisturizing, as I think may help with the problem!! I know Colorstay is a bit drier, and I can't imagine using it without a moisturizer.

is it because of your pores and sweating?

sometimes that happens to me because i get those sweat beads. lol

i'm not sure what to do besides trying those nose strippers.

Welcome Becky! I'm Janelle, from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What do you use to apply it?? If you use a sponge, you should try wetting it, then wringing it out - so it's damp. It usually will apply it a bit smoother. If you use a foundation brush, just stop at your cheekbones, and use the tip of the brush to blend in around your nose.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 If you use a foundation brush, just stop at your cheekbones, and use the tip of the brush to blend in around your nose.
wink.gif
i do that and it works
smile.gif

i have the same problem but now i exfoliate using a mild exfoliator, i also use the nose strips weekly as i have many pores and small blackheads that trap the grease and dirt, that dont help the foundation sit properly into the skin. i moisturise lightly on the nose and mix it onto my foundation. after doing this i find there is a big difference compared to what used to be my usual routine.

HI! I suggest moisturizing first and maybe applying a primer. The foundation may just be too dry for your skin.

hi ya, thanks for all the advice, i tried mixin it with moisturiser 2day and it did work better! ill definate try those kits out. i apply my foundation with a damp sponge, iv have applied it using just my fingers (which i usually do with other foundations) but that didnt work at all with this foundation. and iv neva used a brush before is this a better way to apply it and do u still get good coverage using it?

becky xxx

Originally Posted by beckybum69 and iv neva used a brush before is this a better way to apply it and do u still get good coverage using it? I have a brush but I don't really use it very much. I prefer to use my fingers because the warmth of your skin warms the foundation and with some types can make it easier to blend. I do sometimes use a brush for compact foundations as I think the sponges you get with the collect bacteria and I can never seem to get them clean enough.
I've used a brush when I've done other people's make-up and it's given flawless coverage, but has taken a lot of foundation to do it.

HTH

WHEN ALL ATTEMPTS HAVE FAILED. RETURN FOR REFUND. IT SEEMS AS IF YOU GAVE IT YOUR BEST SHOTS. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORK THIS HARD FOR MAKE UP!

Originally Posted by beckybum69 right well i brought a new liquid foundation yesterday and i tried it on last night, at first it seemed ok but then i noticed that around the nose it what like spotty/dotty and i tried to blend it but it dries very quickly, iv experienced this b4 with other liquid foundations, does any1 know why this happens or how i cud improve it, thanx
becky x x x

Latest posts

Back