Foundation for photographs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am part of a wedding party in October and the bride has decided that we are going to do our own make-up.

Could anyone advise me as to what the best type of foundation is for excellent photographs and lasting qualities.

The wedding is mid afternoon, and it will be going into Summer here, so reasonably warm.

Many thanks in advance

Wekcome to MUT! I am Marisol from San Francisco and look forward to getting to know you.

I think we would be able to help you better if you tell us what type of skin you have? Also, how much coverage are you looking for? What do you use now?

Hi Marisol,

Thanks so much! My Sister-in-Law lives in SF and I love visiting! I currently use Bobby Brown, and my skin colouring is probably best said, Anglo-Saxon olive colouring, my eye colour is blue and hair colour quite fair.

My skin is good, but I would like to have a reasonable coverage that will last for a good period of the time, especially when we have photos taken. (Obviously I want to outshine the bride!!!)

I am a little worried as it is turning into quite the social event of the year, so obviously want to look really good. It would be so much easier if she would get a professional to do it.

Cheers, Jaqui

Originally Posted by Marisol Wekcome to MUT! I am Marisol from San Francisco and look forward to getting to know you.
I think we would be able to help you better if you tell us what type of skin you have? Also, how much coverage are you looking for? What do you use now?

I don't know if you have any MU counters available near you but perhaps you can have some makeovers to see what works best for you. I know that for me MAC's Studio Fix works great. It gives me good coverage and it lasts all day. However, it does tent to make some people break out. Maybe some of the MA's here can give you more advice.

Originally Posted by jaqui0 I am part of a wedding party in October and the bride has decided that we are going to do our own make-up.
Could anyone advise me as to what the best type of foundation is for excellent photographs and lasting qualities.

The wedding is mid afternoon, and it will be going into Summer here, so reasonably warm.

Many thanks in advance

Hi jaqui0, and welcome. I'm fairly new here myself
smile.gif

If you can find RCMA or Cinema Secrets foundation in your area, I would recommend these. They are lines used by many MUAs that does a lot of print and film work. They stay on the whole day. I read a review by a bride whose MUA used RCMA on her, and she loved it coz she didn't have to do any touch-ups or anything like that.

Here's a site where u can order them:

www.camerareadycosmetics.com

I've never bought anything from this site myself, but I only hear good things. The site's owner is a pro MUA. I think they are also available in the www.alconeco.com.

Originally Posted by Trisha MAC's Face & Body photographs well, as it doesnt contain titanium dioxide so it wont photograph lighter. Its only really light coverage tho so you'd have to add some powder something.
All i'd say finish wise is dont go for something matte, it will not look good in pictures x

Yea, Trisha is totally right here about the titanium dioxide. It reflects light which is why you can look like a ghost in pictures! Studio Fix is the biggest culprit. I'd go with a cream or liquid foundation (Moistureblend, Studio Stick, Select SPF) and set it with a sheer powder. I love RCMA foundation as well!!

Originally Posted by iloveparis Hi jaqui0, and welcome. I'm fairly new here myself
smile.gif

If you can find RCMA or Cinema Secrets foundation in your area, I would recommend these. They are lines used by many MUAs that does a lot of print and film work. They stay on the whole day. I read a review by a bride whose MUA used RCMA on her, and she loved it coz she didn't have to do any touch-ups or anything like that.

Here's a site where u can order them:

www.camerareadycosmetics.com

I've never bought anything from this site myself, but I only hear good things. The site's owner is a pro MUA. I think they are also available in the www.alconeco.com.

These can be a bit hard to work with , as they are heavily pigmented oil-based cream foundations and if you don't set it right it can crease and slide. I really like Chanel's double perfection foundation, but it is pretty matte. Gerda Spillman's Biofond is a great one that's water resistant and lasts all day, it should be set with a dusting of loose powder though. Makeup Forever Face and Body liquid makeup is nice and lasts. If you really want someone else to do your makeup, try going to different counters and getting mini makeovers to see who you might want to work on you for the wedding.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

I am going to go into the city today, armed with all this information, and see what I can't work out. Hopefully bride agrees!!!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hi, welcome to MuT! I'm Charmaine from Massachusetts. I have to agree with Marisol, I love MAC's Studio Fix foundation. It has really good coverage and it lasts all day, even when it's hot out. I love the way it makes my skin look. However, if you're acne-prone or if you've had breakouts due to makeup, I'm not sure if Studio Fix will work for you since a lot of our members have had that happen to them. Let us know how it works out for you!

ive benn using studio fix latley and i love how it looks
smile.gif
luckily i have not broke out,and maybe the acv is keeping me from breaking out!!!!
claps.gif

Using the right makeup can enhance your look in photos, not change it, and below, I've outlined my top tips to get the most flattering look in pictures -- no matter what the occasion.

For longevity, layer. Start by applying a liquid or cream foundation if needed, and then add color with a cream blush. Dust with translucent powder to set the cream, then, if needed, apply a layer of powder blush on top of that. For eyes, prep lids with foundation, loose powder, or primer before applying shadow. Remember, if you start with a powder foundation, continue by applying powder shadow; liquid and cream foundation must be set with powder before moving to powder eye shadows, or if you like, cream shadows work great. If using primer, it should be followed by cream shadows. In all cases, finish with a light dusting of loose powder to set.

To avoid shine from the camera flash, use powder. A little shimmer is okay; it adds dimension. But avoid heavy, overdone frost or glitter, which will get picked up by the flash and reflect tenfold. To combat natural oils and shine, keep blotting papers in your bag for touch-ups in between photos, especially on a long day.

For eyes that pop on camera, try false lashes in the corner of the eyes only. This will enhance the eyes, but give a more natural look than a full set of falsies. An eyelash curler brings focus to false and real lashes. Curl lashes, then add a coat of mascara. Afterwards, carefully comb through lashes.

Finally, be careful with super-bright lip colors. They will show the most smudges, and thus the application must be perfect. Reds are more difficult than soft peaches and pinks.

More.com

Originally Posted by jaqui0 I am part of a wedding party in October and the bride has decided that we are going to do our own make-up.

Many thanks in advance

<TABLE class=bdrMain cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=698 bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=prdTitle style="PADDING-RIGHT: 18px; PADDING-LEFT: 18px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 18px" colSpan=2>

The Bridal Must Have Kit

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 18px; PADDING-LEFT: 18px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 18px; PADDING-TOP: 18px" vAlign=top>
gZZBMHK_lg.jpg

alconeco.com

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 18px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 25px; PADDING-TOP: 18px" vAlign=top>We have so many brides that call us before their big day and ask, what are the products that I absolutely must-have for my wedding. This is our shortest list.

• Fast Lash - Praised by beauty editors in dozens of top fashion magazines, this amazing product creates a false eyelash look in seconds.
  • Eyelash Comb - Used with the Fastlash, your eyelashes will look naturally longer.
  • Lip Chic - This incredible product will help you keep your lipstick color on throughout your entire wedding!
  • Antishine - Your big day is exciting, stressful and, in some cases, hot. Don't let your face get shinier and shinier as the night goes on, use Antishine. This amazing gel combats oil and leaves your face fresh, hydrated and oil-free. An essential on your honeymoon too!
  • Derma Mini Camouflage Crème Palette - The best concealer in the makeup industry. It's wax-base formula covers tattoos, age spots, varicose veins and all other blemishes. The variety of colors allows you to "create the perfect camouflage for any problem" (YM Magazine)
  • Camouflage Crème Brush - The perfect brush for applying our camouflage crème.
  • Eyebrow Sealer - This little secret of makeup artists, not found in retail stores, makes sure that your eyebrows look flawless throughout the day.
  • Sponges - Use these award-winning water-based sponges to apply your Antishine, foundation and blend eyeshadows and blushes.
  • Makeup Remover Cloths (12) - These cloths are saturated with a super gentle solution. Your skin is left clean, with a fresh scent and no residue. Perfect for the woman who can't wait to get to bed!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Many thanks in advance

<TABLE class=bdrMain cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=698 bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=prdTitle style="PADDING-RIGHT: 18px; PADDING-LEFT: 18px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 18px" colSpan=2>The Bridesmaid Collection</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 18px; PADDING-LEFT: 18px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 18px; PADDING-TOP: 18px" vAlign=top>
gZZBMC_lg.jpg
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 18px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 25px; PADDING-TOP: 18px" vAlign=top>We came up with a bag of goodies for your girls to thank them for their support and love. The bridesmaid kit contains the following products in an ocean blue mesh makeup bag.

• Five-Compartment Lipstick/Foundation Palette
  • Pure Cotton Tissues (18)
  • Lip Chic Lipstick Sealer
  • Fastlash Eyelash Extender
  • Metal Lash Comb
  • Our Famous Makeup Remover Clothes (4)
  • Face Matte Oil Blotting Sheets
  • Translucent Lip Gloss
  • Champagne Gold Sparkle Dust
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Many thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back