foundation help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i currently use stila's liquid illuminating foundation and i like it for the most part, but it doesn't seem to even my skin tone out much, or as much as i need it. for some reason, the skin around my mouth is a bit darker and it shows, so i need something a bit thicker, preferably medium coverage, for combo skin, not so much acne-prone.

anyway, these are all the foundations i've used, so you don't have to go through the process of wasting your time and telling me something i already know
wink.gif

• chanel's teint universel (i always forget the name)
  • tarte's smooth operator
  • stila's tinted moisturizer
  • covergirl's trublend
  • maybelline's dream matte mousse
  • lumene's doublestay
i think that's all.
thanks for any help
smile.gif

I've been using L'Oreal's Mattique foundation, it seems to be medium coverage -- it can hide my smaller, pinker acne so I only need concealor for the larger red spots and undereye circles. It's non-comedogenic so it's safe for oily skin and not likely to clog pores. (It doesn't dry out my skin either, because I do have a few small areas prone to dry skin, although most of my skin is oily.) I'm not sure if it actually stays very matte; my skin is so oily it is shiny after 2 or 3 hours regardless of what makeup I use! (And yes, I even tried the Dream Matte Mouse everyone raves about!)

Anyways, that's the only recommendation I have, all the other foundations I've tried are either too sheer for me or didn't match my skintone.

Originally Posted by girl_geek I've been using L'Oreal's Mattique foundation, it seems to be medium coverage -- it can hide my smaller, pinker acne so I only need concealor for the larger red spots and undereye circles. It's non-comedogenic so it's safe for oily skin and not likely to clog pores. (It doesn't dry out my skin either, because I do have a few small areas prone to dry skin, although most of my skin is oily.) I'm not sure if it actually stays very matte; my skin is so oily it is shiny after 2 or 3 hours regardless of what makeup I use! (And yes, I even tried the Dream Matte Mouse everyone raves about!)
Anyways, that's the only recommendation I have, all the other foundations I've tried are either too sheer for me or didn't match my skintone.

I love the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - coverage is beautiful...

thanks, girls!

karen, I AM SO STUPID. i went to estee lauder and for some reason, i asked for MAXIMUM COVERAGE and they told me it was for people who had surgery and all that and i'm like, that's so weird because laura and karen love it, but i left, AND NOW I REALIZE IT'S DOUBLE WEAR. i am so dumb LOL!

i definitely need to check that out. does it ever come out cakey? does it go on sheer or do i need to keep applying it to get good coverage?

I'd recommend Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich.

It's medium coverage, matte yet luminous finish, and it lasts all day.

It's my HG
smile.gif

I've tried mom's double wear... not cakey at all
smile.gif
It's really nice actually! Her color was just a tad dark for me... but it really does smooth & even out skin!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm using MAC's Moistureblend... I really like that - works well on me! You can have med/heavy coverage if you put it on thicker, or blend it sheer to even out skintone... its like a multi-use foundation in one!
wink.gif

thanks, girls!

i'm gonna check both out next time i'm at bloomies, where they have both counters, thank god.

thanks again!

Latest posts

Back