Foundation help??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a problem with my foundation. I just went and bought Estee Lauder double wear powder foundation. I let the lady match my color for me, it looks ok, but I have a tan on my arms and legs. I don't have any tan on my face and chest so when I have the foundation on it matches there, but looks pale compared to the rest of me. What do I do to make it look better? I hate feeling like i'm walking around looking like I don't match. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

You might want to try applying some bronzing powder on your face and chest.
smile.gif

I agree with Shaundra. You want your foundation to exactly match your face. If your body is darker, simply add a touch of bronzer to match. I hate when people get foundation tp match their body rather than their face...looks so artificial.

I am going to disagree just a tad ... though I do agree bronzer is great for adding a touch of color and/or glow. I have the same issue with a tan body but paler face as it's protected from the sun 24/7, hence the color difference ... so I get a foundation color one step darker than my face to offset that. With the MA's help you should be able to find one that still blends nice and then you won't look too pale or washed out. Example, I am truly a Shiseido Powdery Foundation (LOVE, LOVE this stuff) color O20 - BUT I can pull off the O40, one step up, no problem as it's only slightly darker and it is still the correct match as far as undertones for my skin.

Latest posts

Back