Foundation Reccs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heya guys =] I need your help! You see, my skin tone is hard to match because the middle of my face is tanner (since that's where the sun hits first) while the outer part is lighter so the SA gets confused about my tone and ends up giving me the wrong shade even though I tell her about it. I want something that has pretty good staying power (it gets HOT here and I don't want MU that runs off w/ my sweat) with a satin or matte finish and that's on the medium-full side or buildable coverage. I prefer liquid/creme but I can bear with powder if it's good enough. I really liked Chanel's Double Perfection (buildable coverage, tone matched most out of everything) and EL's Double Wear (good staying power + coverage, but limited shades.) Well thanks for hearing me out!

Originally Posted by wafflebox Heya guys =] I need your help! You see, my skin tone is hard to match because the middle of my face is tanner (since that's where the sun hits first) while the outer part is lighter so the SA gets confused about my tone and ends up giving me the wrong shade even though I tell her about it. I want something that has pretty good staying power (it gets HOT here and I don't want MU that runs off w/ my sweat) with a satin or matte finish and that's on the medium-full side or buildable coverage. I prefer liquid/creme but I can bear with powder if it's good enough. I really liked Chanel's Double Perfection (buildable coverage, tone matched most out of everything) and EL's Double Wear (good staying power + coverage, but limited shades.) Well thanks for hearing me out! Prescriptives has the best color range of anyone. I'm super pale and they're the only ones that match well (except for Stephane Marais, which is being discontinued). I have really oily skin, so I use the Virtual Matte, as it has a matte finish, has full coverage and is buildable. I recently tried their Flawless foundation, it has a satin coverage, has medium coverage that is completely sweat-proof, and is buildable. I may use Flawless for the summer and will remain loyal to Virtual Matte for fall and winter. Bobbi Brown's Oil-Free Compact foundation is also sweat-proof and the coverage is easy to control and buildable, but the color range is too yellow. Becca has a good color range, but the foundation feels sticky on the skin. Laura Mercier has very nice loose setting powder in a good shade range.

I also have trouble matching my skin tone, I have red hair and

freckles, and it's hard to match, but what type of foundation

does anyone recommend?

Originally Posted by sweepea21404 I also have trouble matching my skin tone, I have red hair and freckles, and it's hard to match, but what type of foundation

does anyone recommend?

If you're a pale-skinned redhead (like my best friend), I think Prescriptives Ecru or Vanilla colors of foundation would be good. Most redheads have a yellow-undertone to their skin, so Bobbi Brown is also a very good bet, as she only makes foundation with yellow undertones (the products are awesome working, but I have a strong blue undertone so Prescriptives has the better color options for me). Prescriptives and Elizabeth Arden both offer free color matches at their counters, and if you still can't find a shade they both make custom-blend foundations. Prescriptives Virtual Matte costs around $35.00, and the Custom Blend costs around $55.00, so that does get very pricey. But, Prescriptives bottles last me for 4 months, so it averages out over time.

Wow the Prescriptives sounds great-would love to give it a try. On my list to check out on my next border run.

Latest posts

Back