Foundation recs for someone w/ roseacea? (for my mom) tia!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by littlemitzik anyone have anything interest for her to try? I highly rec. Illuminaire and Jane Iredale..Both are perfect for extra sensitive faces

Originally Posted by beautygirl Hi, I'm new to this chat room, but I'm 23 and I've struggled with rosacea since I was about 14 years old. I recently started using Dermablend products and it's a serious miracle. The redness is virtually gone and my skin looks so smooth. I've been using the Dermablend cover creme which really works best with the loose setting powder. One does not work that well without the other. If you have any questions, let me know. I get all my products at the skinstore website- it's great because you can try different products and if they don't work for you - they are fully refundable- which gives you a chance to find out what works best for you. They also have something called Exuviance- which is pretty comparable to the Dermablend- but I've only tried the Dermablend. Hope this helps. Just wanted to welcome you, beautygirl! Why don't you introduce yourself in our Off-topic forum?
smile.gif
We can't wait to get to know you!

Welcome to the board! I'm glad that you were able to find products that worked with your skin and thanks for sharing it on the board!

Originally Posted by littlemitzik anyone have anything interest for her to try? I found this answer online from a makeup artist. This is about how to apply makeup when a person has rosacea:
I am a make up artist that has worked for many lines. what you should do, depending on how bright the color is, get a green color corrector. It should come in a tube in a concealer like consistency. put a very thin layer directly on the area of skin you would like to cover. and then put whatever foundation over it you like to use. try MAC if you have one in your area. they run about 13$. their products are amazing.

~Cali

newcoolstuff.gif

I have rosacea myself. I poked around the internet and found lots of people with rosacea who used mineral foundation, so I decided to give it a try. Now I will NEVER use any other kind! I highly recommend your mom give it a try. The coverage is amazing, yet you don't feel (or look) like you've got makeup caked on. That's what I had to do with other foundations to get enough coverage for the redness is literally cake it on! But not with the crushed minerals. There are several brands of mineral makeup, including Bare Minerals and Jane Iredale. There are places that will custom blend colors if you need it, but most people don't (I'm told by the people who do the blending...) You can buy mineral makeup, including Bare Minerals and Jane Iredale online, but I was nervous to do that because I wanted to get the proper shade. BareMinerals offers an introductory kit with two different shades so they say you can't make a mistake chosing the wrong color. Good luck! If you have any questions about mineral makeup, ask me, and I'll tell ya what I know!

Latest posts

Back