Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering whether someone could help me.....i usually put my foundation on with my fingers but had a makeup trial yesterday and she used a brush and it looked flawless...........can someone tell me which brushes i need and how many (do i need a separate one for concealer, i only use concealer under my eyes for dark circles) and how do you go about application..

thanks

I use the essence of beauty foundation brush and it is wonderful. You can get it at CVS for about $10.

I've read and been advised that brushes do a much better job than yr fingers. But fingers are regarded by most in the industry as the best blenders. You know, for areas where it doesn't look as seamless you could use yr finger, cuz it warms the foundation up, and makes it move easier.

For concealer, u need a small concealer brush for accurate placement. But then you use yr fingers to tap (don't smear) the pigment in. I guess they do this for the same reason as above...

So yea, get u a large foundation brush and a small concealer brush.

Hope I've been helpful.

I would go with a foundation brush bc they help to even out the foundation as it is applied to your skin. I use MAC foundation and concealer brush. But if $ is an issue I would try the Sonia K. line at Target I hear they are pretty good!
headphonedance.gif

I've been tossing around whether to get a foundation brush too. I guess I'll try one, even though I use a stick foundation.

You def. need a good foundation brush! It will help your foundaton go on smoother, look more flawless and it also eliminates the need to touch your face. Good if you are prone to breakouts. You may also need a cocealer brush, it will be a bit stiffer than the foundation brush and will pack on more product.

i use my foundation, concealer and small angle brush everyday. i have several others in my brush collection, but i think these are essential.

for concealer application, i coat the brush and dab the area i want to cover with a light coat of product, then use my finger to blend. if it's not covering enough i repeat the process until i get the coverage i want. practice makes perfect.

What monniej said is invaluable. Those are exactly the brushes I use - all MAC brand. They are incredibly useful!

xxx

Originally Posted by kellianne76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the essence of beauty foundation brush and it is wonderful. You can get it at CVS for about $10.
iagree.gif

Thanks for everyones response im def going out now to buy some brushes think it will take a bit of practice though xx

Ive been using my fingers and its been working just OK, after reading this i'll go get a foundation brush. See how it goes.

I tried using a sponge but I found it soaked up too much of the foundation.

It's so hard for me to go back to using a sponge when applying foundation especially if its an expensive foundation.

Originally Posted by Anthea /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried using a sponge but I found it soaked up too much of the foundation. Try a non-latex sponge. They absorb a lot less product.

Latest posts

Back