• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free Samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am in Canada also. I find that the US postage costs are actually less than Cdn companies. ($10.00 and $11.00 is common for Cdn MMU companies!) So I agree we need to be careful about shipping costs.
However, I did get nice sample kits for the cost of shipping between $5.00 - $6.00 from EDM (twice), Signature Minerals (one of the better ones - six samples and you can pick all eye shadow, blush, etc.) Ocean Mist, KT Naturals.

Jenulence samples at $1.00 each (you pick) shipping included. Lumiere is always free shipping to Canada; minimum $10.00 order.

Ditto to all you said=) I prefer ordering from the US as well. The shipping to Canada is much more decent than shipping within Canada. Lumiere is my fave for MMU and Garden of Wisdom for skincare.

Thanks for telling me i had no idea!!!

I'm going to go checkt them out

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif Coconut bay MMU
Offer is 6 foundation shades for .1 cent

Free samples Coconut Bay Cosmetics

I odered this one let's see if any shipping fee
kopfkratz.gif

Thanks for posting these links. I've been thinking of trying Everyday Minerals. It seems like a lot of people like it.

How is Coconut Bay mineral makeup? Anyone here try it and not like it?

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here is another company that is offering free samples; you pay shipping.They are based in Texas

LotusMinerals Mineral Makeup and Personal Care Products

I have not tried this company or know much about them.

thanks ! i see they also have a sale on their brushes. i wonder if they're good, the girl needs a kabuki.

THANKS JOOKEULAE

i am abroad and the shipping can really add up.

then i have to pay import duty of 15% on top! eeeek!

ooopppss I only knew EM, Meow, Lumiere, pure Luxe, Ocean Mist...seems I got to try some other brands!!!

I totally agree on shipping charges being the main factor in making free samples to expansive samples. I'm overseas but most mmu are based in US so I end up paying lots in shipping.

Originally Posted by sildaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I totally agree on shipping charges being the main factor in making free samples to expansive samples. I'm overseas but most mmu are based in US so I end up paying lots in shipping. i think that if you are prepared to wait a few weeks for your samples, it shouldnt cost alot to post.just had some samples from Ocean Mist. their computer had made a miscalculation on their postage, and immediately i told them they refunded my paypal account.

i too live abroad and it takes ages and is expensive to do mailing.

ocean mist helped me out and their products are really good!

Originally Posted by sildaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I totally agree on shipping charges being the main factor in making free samples to expansive samples. I'm overseas but most mmu are based in US so I end up paying lots in shipping. i am working in the Caribbean and we dont have mail delivery.packages come in to the central post office and we receive a note telling us to go and collect our items.

when i go in, they give you your package and they ask you to sign a handwritten ledger to indicate that you have collected.

they read the customs declaration but yesterday they asked me to open the pack because it was described as Artistic Pigments.

when they saw a baggie containing white powder, they got quite excited!

luckily when opened they saw that it was mineral makeup!
add_wegbrech.gif

What a great thread.

I got some Samples from Ocean mist today that I am currently trying. Very fast shipping! I am liking the colours a lot. Must find something to put the eyeshadow samples I bought in instead of plastic baggies though.

Waiting for everyday minerals, I think $9.55 shipping to Sweden is worth it (I orded some other things too).

me too i am too confused about shipping i am too far i thinnk it may costs me a llot

Back