• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free Samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well sometimes the free or 1 cent samples come with $10+ shipping fee...

So these "free samples" are very misleading.

Sometimes is cheaper to try out those brands, where the company put a proper price on the samples $1-2 , and then no surprice at the checkouts.

I don't know the foreign shipping rates. Paying shipping on samples if you have no idea which color to pick does really add up if you are trying several companies. If I had it to do over I would have found a close match in one before moving on to another.

Originally Posted by peachycheeks /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well sometimes the free or 1 cent samples come with $10+ shipping fee...So these "free samples" are very misleading.

Sometimes is cheaper to try out those brands, where the company put a proper price on the samples $1-2 , and then no surprice at the checkouts.

I'd definitely email the company and ask for a specification of the Shipping charge on your Sample Pack.
smile.gif
Most of the time the Shipping is quite minimal.

I don't know any that give free samples but Elegant Minerals gives out foundation samples for A penny

That's close enough for me! I'm always looking for good deals. Their other samples are all just a dollar!

I'm gonna try the Everyday Minerals free foundation kit.

I guess that all you have to do is pay shipping and they will

send you 3 diff colors. I have read positive feedback on this

site regarding this company and their products

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif This isn't an advertising thread and I do not see free samples on this site. i viewed the page as well

great idea but the shipping costs are where they get you

the only good one i find is lumiere, she gives you great samples and you pay a few dollars not shipping.

Originally Posted by Liz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif great idea but the shipping costs are where they get youthe only good one i find is lumiere, she gives you great samples and you pay a few dollars not shipping.

I am in Canada also. I find that the US postage costs are actually less than Cdn companies. ($10.00 and $11.00 is common for Cdn MMU companies!) So I agree we need to be careful about shipping costs.
However, I did get nice sample kits for the cost of shipping between $5.00 - $6.00 from EDM (twice), Signature Minerals (one of the better ones - six samples and you can pick all eye shadow, blush, etc.) Ocean Mist, KT Naturals.

Jenulence samples at $1.00 each (you pick) shipping included. Lumiere is always free shipping to Canada; minimum $10.00 order.

I have soooo many MMU samples that I have not even tried! But Coconut Bay sounds interesting!

Back