fresh mu in the summer heat

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i love summer, but at this time in my life the heat is murder on my makeup. i perspire quite easily and need to blot often. i found an aromasol mist from sonya dakar that they say can be used right over your makeup. just spritz and let dry. has anyone heard of products that keep makeup fresh without re-applying during the day?
icon_rolleyes.gif

I use MAC's Fix + to refresh my make-up throughout the day and I really like it.

Originally Posted by monniej i love summer, but at this time in my life the heat is murder on my makeup. i perspire quite easily and need to blot often. i found an aromasol mist from sonya dakar that they say can be used right over your makeup. just spritz and let dry. has anyone heard of products that keep makeup fresh without re-applying during the day?
icon_rolleyes.gif
I love MAC Fix+ Spray... it's awesome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

thanks ladies. is the MAC product a spritz and let dry product like the sonya dakar?

Its a spritz and its smells so good. Its not sticky and you dont feel like you sprayed anything on. I tried Clinique's and Origins and my face felt so gross.

Originally Posted by monniej thanks ladies. is the MAC product a spritz and let dry product like the sonya dakar? Yup... feels like water. I sometimes will spray and just dab with a sponge to blend my foundation if it tends to get cakey or shiny.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That's right, Janelle!
smile.gif
I love my Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets and MAC Blot - total face saver in the summer!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I love MAC Fix+ Spray... it's awesome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have to try that,i usally use clean and clear blot sheets.also be mineral veil.

i have mac's fix, too, but for its price, i wouldn't buy it again. i haven't used it in like, a month. don't really see a difference. you could make your own spray, anyway. i forgot how, though. i read it somewhere.

i looove clean & clear's oil absorbing sheets :icon_love

also, instead of foundation, i use a tinted moisturizer in the summer. i feel like foundation melts off.

does the MAC blot powder come in different shades or is it translucent? translucent powders sometimes make darker skin tones look ashy. do you use it to set your foundation or just touch up with it during the day?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 And MAC Blot Powder!! Can't forget that one!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i have mac's fix, too, but for its price, i wouldn't buy it again. i haven't used it in like, a month. don't really see a difference. you could make your own spray, anyway. i forgot how, though. i read it somewhere.

also, instead of foundation, i use a tinted moisturizer in the summer. i feel like foundation melts off.

oh yeah tinted moisurizer is great too,i use netrogena's in medium,its great for sensitive skin!

i wish i could use a tinted moisturizer, but i need the coverage of a liquid foundation even though i don't use it over my entire face. how's the coverage on your tinted moisturizer?

Originally Posted by Jennifer i have mac's fix, too, but for its price, i wouldn't buy it again. i haven't used it in like, a month. don't really see a difference. you could make your own spray, anyway. i forgot how, though. i read it somewhere.

mineral veil is by bare minerals natural makeup, right?

Originally Posted by nydoll23 I have to try that,i usally use clean and clear blot sheets.also be mineral veil.

Originally Posted by monniej i wish i could use a tinted moisturizer, but i need the coverage of a liquid foundation even though i don't use it over my entire face. how's the coverage on your tinted moisturizer? very sheer. i use stila's sheer tinted moisturizer. why don't you use that along with a concealer to cover up the places you need to cover since you said you don't use foundation all over your face, anyway?

Originally Posted by monniej does the MAC blot powder come in different shades or is it translucent? translucent powders sometimes make darker skin tones look ashy. do you use it to set your foundation or just touch up with it during the day? yes it comes in different shades, but there is still not much (if not none) color to it once you´ve applied it. I use it both to set my foundation and do touch ups. I need quite a big amount of concealer too and MAC Blot Powder makes the concealer last longer on me

Originally Posted by monniej i wish i could use a tinted moisturizer, but i need the coverage of a liquid foundation even though i don't use it over my entire face. how's the coverage on your tinted moisturizer? me too. I wouldn´t feel comfortable wearing only a tinted moisturizer cause I´d always be scared flaws would still be visible.I do use a pretty light foundation though. and when it gets really hot I guess no matter what you use anything will melt off

Evian makes a face spray. Its water i think,.. i have that and some french stuff in the refrigerator.. mm, cooling! The French stuff was a gift and i can't for the LIFE of me remember the name.. i only use it on hot days. It doesn't ruin my makeup either.. which is nice.

I use MAC Fix+ also, which is nice in the fridge.. No tinted moisturizer tho.. i find that kind of thing a little too heavy for me..

i love my laura mercier tinted moisturizer. it evens out my skintone and i don't like to look too "made up" and looking powdery or something

Latest posts

Back