From the People who hate EasyStraight..what about Thermal Reconditioning?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anyone ever tried Thermal Reconditioning instead of chemically straightening their hair?

i heard it's suppose to make you hair healthier, straighter, is that true?

Originally Posted by sugersoul has anyone ever tried Thermal Reconditioning instead of chemically straightening their hair?
i heard it's suppose to make you hair healthier, straighter, is that true?

Hmmmm... I'm kind of on the fence on this. Straighter, yes. Healthier, no. This is a strong chemical process, and no matter what ads say... it definitely won't make your hair healthier. It make LOOK healthier, but it really isn't. You'd still have to keep up with deep conditioners, trims, and being EXTRA gentle on your hair. Which also means that you should stay away from other chemical processes - even coloring. It usually won't make your hair PIN straight, and you'd probably still have to dry it straight, but it will definitely make a difference if your hair is very curly, thick, and unruly. It's not much different than chemical straightening... you're still using chemicals to straighten the hair - so the same possible damage and precautions still apply.
wink.gif

Well I didn't hate Easy Straight, but I still won't be using it again. I got too spooked by all the bad reviews. In fact I'm trying to do without any relaxers at all for a while. I color my hair and it's getting fried with all these processes.

I always wanted to try thermal, but it's so freaking expensive. Plus I'm afraid of coming out of it with totally flat hair that just hangs there. I can't pull that look off, I need some volume and interest.

Anyone out there actually done it?
confused.gif

Round Ceramic brushes & an ionic blowdryer... you'll get it straight & save your hair!!! They're all you need! Trust me!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back