Fro's R Us

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Charmaine I agree. Thanks for this Nikki! I'm a 2b
smile.gif
I would say that's me too!
icon_wink.gif

hey check it out... we have full blown fro and then we have fully compressed wave girl... night and friggin day!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh and my pics are big now cuz i never figured out that the size i was resizing them to were pre compression...

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Both look good! But I'm still feeling the 'fro
wink.gif
well this morning after the compressed hair, i developed Uncontrollable Sheers Disease and cut off the rest of the relaxed ends anywhere from 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches of hair in various places (on top)... so now i have a brand new, not so big but 100% natural fro...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

comparison pics - New Fro (minus the relaxed ends) vs Old Fro

you're still workin' it. i do understand about the permed ends. better to get rid of them so your hair stays healthy. also like'n that wavey style. nice to get some variety every now and then.

Originally Posted by QurlySq well this morning after the compressed hair, i developed Uncontrollable Sheers Disease and cut off the rest of the relaxed ends anywhere from 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches of hair in various places (on top)... so now i have a brand new, not so big but 100% natural fro...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

comparison pics - New Fro (minus the relaxed ends) vs Old Fro

I can't wait to see how the wavy will come out tomorrow morning with less perm and more natural
icon_cheesygrin.gif
and thanx!!

Originally Posted by monniej you're still workin' it. i do understand about the permed ends. better to get rid of them so your hair stays healthy. also like'n that wavey style. nice to get some variety every now and then.

QurlySq, how did you transition from relaxed to natural? Did you wear braids while your hair grew out or did you do the big chop? I want to go natural so bad but transitioning would be a nightmare for me( I have 4B texture, the nappiest naps you could ever dream of!) and I don't think I'd look good if I did a big chop

Originally Posted by renee604 QurlySq, how did you transition from relaxed to natural? Did you wear braids while your hair grew out or did you do the big chop? I want to go natural so bad but transitioning would be a nightmare for me( I have 4B texture, the nappiest naps you could ever dream of!) and I don't think I'd look good if I did a big chop Your pic reminds me of an old friend of mine who decided to go natural one day cuz her modeling agency wanted her to look to be "a little more edgy and ethnic"(that's exactly how they put it!) Anyways, she got rid of the long straight hair and had it all natural. While she was growing it out a little, she either wore it little loose twists or a bunch of cute puffs...even though it was such a drastic change, both looked amazing on her.

Originally Posted by renee604 QurlySq, how did you transition from relaxed to natural? Did you wear braids while your hair grew out or did you do the big chop? I want to go natural so bad but transitioning would be a nightmare for me( I have 4B texture, the nappiest naps you could ever dream of!) and I don't think I'd look good if I did a big chop i transitioned for a very short time with a shake and go - and it was pretty much by accident... i was refusing to go to the salon and i was too "tired" (
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) to do my own retouch... i would wet it each morning and have curls and waves for the relaxed ends and the new growth... so i did it sorta gradually... started all this in may... did a self-chop (mini) in june... followed by the BC mid-june (w/ some relaxed ends)... followed by ridding myself of the remaining relaxed ends on last thursday... i said before i got too far into transitioning that i'd have to transition for at least a year because i could never rock a TWA... but i guess i proved myself wrong...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Your pic reminds me of an old friend of mine who decided to go natural one day cuz her modeling agency wanted her to look to be "a little more edgy and ethnic"(that's exactly how they put it!) Anyways, she got rid of the long straight hair and had it all natural. While she was growing it out a little, she either wore it little loose twists or a bunch of cute puffs...even though it was such a drastic change, both looked amazing on her. lol... welllllllllllll natural definitely adds ethnicity (as if an ethnic person needs more to prove it... ROFLMAO).... i just can't wait til it gets a little length to it... that's going to be the fun part...

I want to try and see if I can get away with doing twists or braids for a while. I'm so tired of relaxers. They just kill my scalp?

Originally Posted by renee604 I want to try and see if I can get away with doing twists or braids for a while. I'm so tired of relaxers. They just kill my scalp? that's definitely a way to do it... if you can stand the braiding and twisting processes (we see that i can't... lol) then that will probably work for you, especially if you want to do a long transition...

very cute. my sister is a pony tail girl! she has one for every day of the week.

Originally Posted by MARIAN LOOKS I LIKE TO TRY WITH HAIR EXTENTIONS:
HZ2011.jpg
GEOGIA_GIRL.jpg

Originally Posted by monniej nikki i love your new avatar picture! thank youuuuuuuuuu... i found it when i was cleaning off pics on the comp and was like hmmmmmmm.. cute... so up it went...

Back