Fro's R Us

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok... so I'm again homebound with a screwed up back and the remnants of a migraine (sux to be me today).... sooooooooooo, I decided to comb out my curls to see what kind of fro I'd get... first off, I will DEFINITELY be visiting the store very soon for some color... but I think I've addressed the moisture question before but I'm running out of styling options - next stop, braids... any suggestions??? (Monnie, I'm looking to hear from you on this!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

WOW! I love the natural combed out look, put in a festive color with some drastic highlights I think that would look fabulous.

That looks good Nikki!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But you have such a pretty face that anything you do with your hair looks great!
wink.gif
I agree with Tiffany - some color could totally change the look. It's still a little too short to be able to have more than a few styling options, but ... a bit of color will really perk it up!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I wouldn't go too light or too red, because it may be a little too drastic... but some suble highlights would look really pretty!
redface.gif
And I love the way you had it the other day when it looked wet n' scrunched... really nice!
claps.gif

Thanks to ALL of you
icon_cheesygrin.gif
!!... It's funny that yall keep talking about light colors cuz I was truly going to run out and get the blackest black that I could find... that's always been my safety color because I just love having black hair since I can't have it naturally... who knows, by this evening, I just might have braids so this could be a moot problem... anyway, I'll keep ya posted...

Originally Posted by QurlySq Thanks to ALL of you
icon_cheesygrin.gif
!!... It's funny that yall keep talking about light colors cuz I was truly going to run out and get the blackest black that I could find... that's always been my safety color because I just love having black hair since I can't have it naturally... who knows, by this evening, I just might have braids so this could be a moot problem... anyway, I'll keep ya posted... Black would work nice too
wink.gif
I just got the just that you wanted something kinda drastic
icon_wink.gif
Just be careful if you do braids... having the hair wrapped together so tight (and for extended periods of time) causes severe breakage...
wink.gif

qurly your hair's looking great and growing like crazy. i know that it goes through some weird stages while it's growing but hang in there. i use nutress in chocolate cherry. looks like a rich brown until you're in the sun. i think it would like great with your skin tone. what are you using for moisture? once it grows alittle longer it will look alittle different everyday so that will solve your style variety issue. you might want to try (1)john frieda's silicone gel and (2) secret weapon for a different look. i don't do braids though, to much stress on the edges and could cause the hair line to recede. you could try a nappy curl. just mist with john frieda's dream curls and scrunch. keep workin the fro girl, you wear it well!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by QurlySq Ok... so I'm again homebound with a screwed up back and the remnants of a migraine (sux to be me today).... sooooooooooo, I decided to comb out my curls to see what kind of fro I'd get... first off, I will DEFINITELY be visiting the store very soon for some color... but I think I've addressed the moisture question before but I'm running out of styling options - next stop, braids... any suggestions??? (Monnie, I'm looking to hear from you on this!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

patience is a virtue right??... moisturewise, i've been using Woojee Cream by Surge mixed with a triple action cholesterol conditioner as a leave-in (cholesterol, mango and shea)... i've never tried silicone gel but i do have secret weapon... would that do the same as Pantene curl creme (the actual name escapes me right now)??... i'm itchin to trim somemore off of the top.. boy oh boy..

but man, i'm LOVIN all the suggestions i'm getting.. i'm a true product junkie so i'm always trying new things...

Originally Posted by monniej qurly your hair's looking great and growing like crazy. i know that it goes through some weird stages while it's growing but hang in there. i use nutress in chocolate cherry. looks like a rich brown until you're in the sun. i think it would like great with your skin tone. what are you using for moisture? once it grows alittle longer it will look alittle different everyday so that will solve your style variety issue. you might want to try (1)john frieda's silicone gel and (2) secret weapon for a different look. i don't do braids though, to much stress on the edges and could cause the hair line to recede. you could try a nappy curl. just mist with john frieda's dream curls and scrunch. keep workin the fro girl, you wear it well!
claps.gif

i've never tried the pantene curl creme so i'm not sure how it will work. i only cut my hair when it's platted and then only the ends. you remeber plats right? those little girl braids you mom used to put all over your head after she washed your hair? lol maybe i'm dating myself! i posted a pic of myself. this is after about a year of letting it go crazy.

Originally Posted by QurlySq patience is a virtue right??... moisturewise, i've been using Woojee Cream by Surge mixed with a triple action cholesterol conditioner as a leave-in (cholesterol, mango and shea)... i've never tried silicone gel but i do have secret weapon... would that do the same as Pantene curl creme (the actual name escapes me right now)??... i'm itchin to trim somemore off of the top.. boy oh boy..
but man, i'm LOVIN all the suggestions i'm getting.. i'm a true product junkie so i'm always trying new things...

Originally Posted by monniej i'll have to work at posting better pics, but i think you get the idea.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Either way... still looks good on ya!
wink.gif

thanks janelle! just tryin' to keep it together! lol

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Either way... still looks good on ya!
wink.gif

oh wow monnie, that's my first stage goal hair... now you get to be my hair inspiration...
claps.gif
... have you ever typed yours??... if i were pressed i'd say that i were 3c/4a but i'm not sure if i'm right... i WISH i had a curly hair expert (or hair expert period) around me personally who could tell me definitively... and oh yeah i definitely remember plats... and i have the pictures to prove it...

Originally Posted by monniej i've never tried the pantene curl creme so i'm not sure how it will work. i only cut my hair when it's platted and then only the ends. you remeber plats right? those little girl braids you mom used to put all over your head after she washed your hair? lol maybe i'm dating myself! i posted a pic of myself. this is after about a year of letting it go crazy.

need some enlightenment on hair typing! what is it?

Originally Posted by QurlySq oh wow monnie, that's my first stage goal hair... now you get to be my hair inspiration...
claps.gif
... have you ever typed yours??... if i were pressed i'd say that i were 3c/4a but i'm not sure if i'm right... i WISH i had a curly hair expert (or hair expert period) around me personally who could tell me definitively... and oh yeah i definitely remember plats... and i have the pictures to prove it...

from what i understand, it's the various states of hair and where your hair falls in... http://naturallycurly2.com/curl411/types.php has the actual types and that's how you're sposed to tell.. i still get confused though..
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by monniej need some enlightenment on hair typing! what is it?

really great link qurly! i think i'm a 3c/4a also, depending on the time of day. you learn something new everyday.

Originally Posted by QurlySq from what i understand, it's the various states of hair and where your hair falls in... http://naturallycurly2.com/curl411/types.php has the actual types and that's how you're sposed to tell.. i still get confused though..
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by monniej really great link qurly! i think i'm a 3c/4a also, depending on the time of day. you learn something new everyday. i truly think i'm a hair/makeup supreme addict... i go to soooooooooooooo many forums and sites and learn so much stuff... it's a wonder i get anything else done...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine I agree. Thanks for this Nikki! I'm a 2b
smile.gif
i really want to hairtype everyone i know... i like to see the differences in everyone's hair.. i truly think that that would make a fascinating thesis (for people who were truly interested in hair)....
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by monniej sounds like a passion you might want to pursue! that is most definitely the goal!!!!
claps.gif
just gotta figure out the how...
icon_question.gif

Latest posts

Back