Furry Chick/ Easter Nail Tutorial

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
 ​
 ​
1- Paint all nails a different color. Paint one nail yellow for the chick. I prefer two coats of each color except the yellow (we will add another coat right before the flocking powder). 
2- Paint Easter egg like designs on each nail except the yellow one with the small  paint brush.
3- Spread some yellow flocking powder on a sheet of paper.
4- Paint on another coat of yellow polish on your designated chick nail.
5- Dip your nail into the flocking powder. One you get a good amount on, press it down and tap off any excess.
6- Pick up a trianle gem with your tweezers, glop a dot of clear nail polish on the backside. Position the "beak" where you want it and press down.
7- Do the same for the "eyes" with the micro bead. Make sure to press these down too.
8- Add clear coat to all your nails except the "chick" and you are done!

PS- This was copied from my blog. Visit my blog for more pics! Hope you like!

Reaction score
OMG!  That is sooooo creative and cute.  I love the chickie.

Reaction score
Your chick nail is so incredibly cute! I love the triangular gem nose. The rest of your nails look lovely as well with their pretty Easter Egg patterns :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Great work!

Reaction score
I LOVE this!!! What an adorable manicure!!!! You did such a great job!

Where did you find the "flocking" powder? Where did the inspiration for this come from?

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I got flocking powder at Michaels. It was on sale.. I think I paid around 3 bucks for 6 different colors. I saw a picture of someone who used flocking powder on all their nails. It was a little too much for me.. so I just wanted to do an accent finger.. and it was Easter so... I wanted something Easter-y!

Reaction score
Those are really cute. Do you have any other pictures of nails with the flocking powder?

Latest posts