GA LSF foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

Reaction score
I got a small sample of this in the mail. Actually, she sent 4 different color samples...4, 4.5, 5 and 5.5. Looks like the 5.5 might be it as far as color. I have some really fine lines on my forehead. I have had it on for 4 hours now. I noticed that some of the foundation had kind of settled in the lines on my forehead. I have seen this with other foundations in the past. What causes this? Oil? My forehead is kinda oily but the rest of my face is normal...not dry at all though. I just applied it with my fingers.

Kealoha, I know you use this foundation. Do you apply it with your fingers? I did not put alot on either.

I have a sample of the Dior pure light sheer that I got yesterday. Haven't tried that one yet.

I do prefer a foundation with a glow instead of a matte look.

Hmm, I was wanting to try this but i don't like the idea of it settling in lines though.. Maybe Gail (kealoha) will have some tips for you Jen on how to use it!

I love this foundation & its sister formula, Matte Silk. Both give me great coverage & don't irritate my skin.

I apply this w/my fingers & found that it gives me the best finish. I'm able to see where I covered & where I missed much better than if I used a brush or sponge.

You might want to try the Matte Silk Foundation as well. This stuff is truly great & I love the finish. It's not matte, but more of a sheer version of the LSF formula. And to be honest, I tend to wear this more often than the LSF.

There's a new formula that'll be coming out sometime this spring. It's called the Hydra Glow Foundation which might be what you're looking for. It contains an SPF (not sure of the number) & supposedly gives a clean, fresh finish w/a glow. It was supposed to be released last year, but it keeps getting pushed back. I'd call your SA who sent you the samples & ask for a sample of this when it comes in. My SA already knows to call me when it lands.

HTH!
wink.gif

Thanks for all the info! I am loving the way this LSF looks! I will try it again and see if it settles in those fine lines. Other than that, I really like it. Will see what it looks like when I get home later today.

I am dealing with an SA at the Bellagio in Vegas. She is very nice. She is sending more LSF samples in a couple darker shades. I think this is the right shade but need to look at a shade darker as well.

I will ask for the Matte samples and the new hydra glow coming out. She had mentioned that to me on the phone the first time I talked to her. She just said it was the new one with spf.

Also, I do not put powder on over my foundation. Do all of you use powder over your foundation? I used to but quit a few years ago. Seemed like I looked "to made up".
icon_rolleyes.gif

This site and you guys are all so great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks again.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jen Also, I do not put powder on over my foundation. Do all of you use powder over your foundation? I used to but quit a few years ago. Seemed like I looked "to made up".
icon_rolleyes.gif

This site and you guys are all so great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks again.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hiya Jen, I personally never wore poweder over my foundation up until a few months ago but now i wouldnt leave the house without it. I apply mine with my Bobbi Brown Kabuki brush and it sets foundation for the day without looking cakey. The powder i use is by Estee Lauder. Its called Lucidity Translucent Powder. I bought it after trying a sample a friend sent me! Do Giorgio Armani do loose powders? If so, you should ask your SA to send you a sample when she sends your more samples of the LSF!

Hi Jen, I see you're living in Texas! There's a GA Cosmetics counter in Austin, San Antonio and Houston at Saks Fifth Avenue, plus a counter in the Dallas NorthPark mall at Neiman Marcus. Of course, this doesn't mean a hill of beans if you live in Amarillo which is a long haul from those cities.
icon_redface.gif

Anyhow, I wear the LSF and I have combo skin that tends to get shiny in the day, but I stay drier on my cheeks. I do wear a sheer layer of loose powder to set the foundation and it wears well all day. I have some techniques to avoid a heavy look:

1. Wait a few minutes before applying loose powder with a brush. The foundation needs to 'set up' and sink in/lose it's excess moisture content. Applying powder over foundation that's still drying can grab too much powder.

2. Blot gently with a tissue before applying loose powder. This will absorb any last bits of excess moisture.

3. Tap off excess powder from brush and start facial application on nose, forehead and chin. Use any remnants on brush for the rest of the face. This ensures the greatest concentration of powder on the oiliest parts of face.

4. Once powder is applied, press a large velour puff into skin firmly to set powder into foundation. Then finish with a few soft buffing motions on the cheeks to smooth the makeup and ensure there is no excess.

icon_biggrin.gif

I'd definitely ask her for a sample of the Micro-Fil Loose Powder as well. I wear #2, but ask her for both #s 1 & 2 to see which you like better w/the foundation.

Thanks, KeaLoha!
smile.gif
I haven't used Armani's loose powder yet, but I'll check it out next time I'm in Dallas (maybe this month!). Right now I'm using Becca's loose powder and Laura Mercier's Translucent interchangeably and both give excellent results.

Thanks so much Laura, Kealoah, Naturally and Kitty for all the helpful info.
icon_smile.gif

I looked on BB website and did not see a brush that said kabuki. I know what they look like and saw one that looked like it but wasn't sure. I did find some in other brands. Laura, if you have time let me know which one it is for sure before I order. I could also call BB and ask in the morning.

Kitty, I was in Austin this past weekend but didn't know that Saks had a GA counter. That is really good to know.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I live near Lubbock which is a couple hours away from Amarillo.

Kealoah, I will definitely get samples of the microfill loose powder coming. Thanks for letting me know.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back