Gas is rising, what r u driving??!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The average price per gallon of regular unleaded in California was $2.14 on Tuesday, the highest of all states in the nation according to the Automobile Club of America. It's $2.65 per/g in my town!

Its after rising here in ireland aswell.. Before it was 89cent for a litre of petrol now its gone up to 99c per litre & supposedly the prices will be getting higher. Stupid oil or petrol people, why are the prices rocketing??

Originally Posted by Californian The average price per gallon of regular unleaded in California was $2.14 on Tuesday, the highest of all states in the nation according to the Automobile Club of America. It's $2.65 per/g in my town!

I got gas yesterday and the cheapest I've seen it around here was $1.90 a gall. for reg.unleaded but that was at Kroger(gas station associated w/a grocery store) and only with my coupon card..Otherwise it was $2.14 a gall.

Full article here.

Reasons that Gas Prices are Rising:

"The reserve is not there to simply try and change prices," said Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham on Tuesday.

Analysts for the oil industry say the main cause of high gas prices is overseas. The rapidly expanding world economy, especially in China and India, is increasing global demand for oil. Add to that the turmoil in the Middle East, which creates fear of a possible interruption in the supply, and prices take off.

"Although we've become a lot more efficient in our use of energy, our economies are requiring more energy. As we create more products, as we travel more, our economy expands," says Genevieve Murphy of the American Petroleum Institute.

For now, consumers can only cope. Gasbuddy.com, a web site that helps people find cheaper gas, is getting a half million users a day.

And AAA is releasing its summer travel predictions, saying that "more people are going to travel ... But they're going to alter their plans slightly," according to Sandra Hughes of the auto club.

Americans may be taking shorter trips and using more fuel-efficient vehicles -- but even with that, they'll be paying dearly to hit the road.

<!--endclickprintinclude-->

Originally Posted by naturally I also got gas yesterday ...$1.90 reg. that was at a Sam's club with discount card. But even w/o the card it's about $1.91(ish) ..that's is Salisbury MD. If I go 10 miles north to the DE/MD border it's .10 cents a gal. higher! Fortunately my beater of a car gets 30 mpg! I have a Toyota Camry that gets good mileage. I wanted a Toyota Tacoma truck, but am NOT willing to pay those prices to fill up and feel guilty for contributing to the rising costs enough as it is with a regular car.It has gotten to the point where driving a big gas guzzler is very selfish and not too smart for the economy, the driver, or the environment.

Maybe I'll have to switch to a little sports car!! heh heh...

2003 WHite Diamond Cadillac Escalade EXT with SHITTY mileage. $80+ for a fillup LOL

2003-cadillac-escalade-ext.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian

The average price per gallon of regular unleaded in California was $2.14 on Tuesday, the highest of all states in the nation according to the Automobile Club of America. It's $2.65 per/g in my town!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) 2003 WHite Diamond Cadillac Escalade EXT with SHITTY mileage. $80+ for a fillup LOL

Fill er up, BOY!!! Haha Yikers!
newsheep.gif
... or get motivated to walk?
newricardo.gif

Guys, i just clicked onto something there... Ye are paying about $2.14 a gallon, we in Ireland are paying almost €1 ($1.22) for a LITRE. Your gas is MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper.. Stop moaning!!! (just kidding!)

You are so right! Americans are so complacent and forget the rest of the world is paying 4-5 times what we pay for gas/fuel.

Europe/Asia/Australia has been paying $4-$5/gallon of gas for years.

Americans are just funny. I bet alot dont even know where Ireland is. When I tell alot of people my wife is from Scandinavia and I ask them "Know where that is?". Most know it's "over there in Europe somewhere" but are unsure of where exactly...most they think Russia. I don't dare ask them if they know where Finland is. No one would know.

In generality terms, Americans are super complacent. But of course, I am not speaking for ALL Americans....some of us are cultured and eduMAcated and know these things.
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by laura127

Guys, i just clicked onto something there... Ye are paying about $2.14 a gallon, we in Ireland are paying almost €1 ($1.22) for a LITRE.
Your gas is MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper.. Stop moaning!!! (just kidding!)

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Americans are just funny. I bet alot dont even know where Ireland is. When I tell alot of people my wife is from Scandinavia and I ask them "Know where that is?". Most know it's "over there in Europe somewhere" but are unsure of where exactly...most they think Russia. I don't dare ask them if they know where Finland is. No one would know.

LMAO!! Us Europeans are probably the same about the US.. Some states, i havent even heard of! I can only name a few places!

Originally Posted by laura127 Guys, i just clicked onto something there... Ye are paying about $2.14 a gallon, we in Ireland are paying almost €1 ($1.22) for a LITRE.
Your gas is MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper.. Stop moaning!!! (just kidding!)

Yes, you are right. But shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... don't ruin a perfectly good opportunity for us to whine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kkbanner2.jpg
<--NO this is NOT me! lol

Is this a scam or what....my Green Bean Geo Metro used to cost $10 to fill for a week!!!, now it's ... ... over $120.00/month. Not my idea of spending money.

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Is this a scam or what....my Green Bean Geo Metro used to cost $10 to fill for a week!!!, now it's ... ... over $120.00/month. Not my idea of spending money. w/b Gr8! It's no scam. There is logic in the explanation. See the above post, "reasons why gas prices are so high." It's really not a conspiracy. There are no men in black to blame unless they Chinese are fond of wearing black.
By the way, their consumptive needs for gas, parallel what we did to the European nations. We caused their prices to go up due to our massive consumption. It's pay back I suppose. Damn it! Anyway, the reasons are multi. Read the above post.

myeditorspiderman.gif
<-- Even Spidie runs from gas prices!

Latest posts

Back