Gas Prices

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Curiosity always gets me....I know gas is going up here in the states ...those in other countries pay way more than we do but I think we probably complain the most. Out of curiosity I thought I'd post this to keep a running tab of what gas prices are in your area and we can see if they change up/down daily/weekly/monthly ..and even come back to it a year later or whatever ..just to see the trend!

Post town and price per gal:

Salisbury MD, $2.39 regular

2.67 in Philadelphia, PA. I heard on KYW newsradio a couple of weeks ago that england is paying 6.70. yikes!
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by DANNYandLINDSEI 2.67 in Philadelphia, PA. I heard on KYW newsradio a couple of weeks ago that england is paying 6.70. yikes!
icon_evil.gif
That would be about the time I would invest in a nice pair of rollerblades or a bike or anything other than a 2-1/2 ton car (or more for an SUV)....I think Europe is alot different as far as transportation goes (than the US). Then again that could just be a generalization and I might just watch too many movies.

Originally Posted by eightthirty

That would be about the time I would invest in a nice pair of rollerblades or a bike or anything other than a 2-1/2 ton car (or more for an SUV)....I think Europe is alot different as far as transportation goes (than the US). Then again that could just be a generalization and I might just watch too many movies.

$2.94 Newport Beach, CA. WTF

Originally Posted by eightthirty That would be about the time I would invest in a nice pair of rollerblades or a bike or anything other than a 2-1/2 ton car (or more for an SUV)....I think Europe is alot different as far as transportation goes (than the US). Then again that could just be a generalization and I might just watch too many movies. yes! when i was in croatia last summer, people rode their bikes more than they drove and i loved that. if you were caught riding your bike here (at least where i live), it's like, uh, okay?
i don't know how much gas is here in my town, but i'll keep my eyes open when i go out soon. i don't pay attention because i don't drive
icon_cool.gif

ack. don't get me started....

it's like $2.80 something or $2.90 something for premium which we use on our cars.
icon_eek.gif
so it costs me almost $40 to fill up my car.

i remember when i first started driving, only 6 years ago!, gas was like $1.10 or so.

i can't even try to apply at my old mac counter that is 40 miles away cause of gas prices. my paycheck would be going to my gas tank if i were to get hired.

Originally Posted by Liz i can't even try to apply at my old mac counter that is 40 miles away cause of gas prices. my paycheck would be going to my gas tank if i were to get hired. All of a sudden I guess my miserable job that is 1 mile away is worth it....for now anyway. I might get an alternative fuel vehicle when it's time to ditch my current vehicle.

I currently pay 90p a litre here in London.

So about £4.05 a gallon so thats about $7.50, costs me around £35-£40 to fill my car up.

I don't know about regular, but today I filled up my SUV with premium at $3.09 a gallon. Little over $50 and I had over a quarter tank left. I'll be back at the gas station in 2 days for another refill. Definitely not a car for these gas prices. Hopefully, they'll design a hybrid rover soon.

I filled up my tank on Sunday on the other side of the bay in San Mateo, CA (SF peninsula) and it was $2.89 a gallon. Ouch. I used to live in SF where you could easily walk to take public transportation to places. Now, living in the burbs, I sit on my butt and drive everywhere!!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) ACK! One of our cars we drive an Escalade....oops wrong car for gas mileage!!! wtf i was gonna say!
today, i was watching the news and they interviewed a lady talking about gas prices and how much it is to fill her car up. when she said most of her paychecks are going towards gas, i'm thinking to myself, damn, she must not make a lot of money and that's sad (how she has to pay so much for gas). then, they show her car: YUKON DENALI. what the hell do you expect, genius?

Originally Posted by Marisol Paid $3.10 this morning for regular. WHAT??!?!? That's a complete rip-off. OK now I don't feel so bad. But at least you get a deal on movie tickets.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Paid $3.10 this morning for regular. Omigosh..was that in the city or the North bay?

Originally Posted by Nicolet Omigosh..was that in the city or the North bay? I live in Marin County...

Latest posts

Back