Gel, Pencil, or Liquid Eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use gel everywhere. Sometimes I use pencil on my water line if in in a rush but to make it stay blacktrack with carbon over it

I have never tried gel liners, but would like to. I will NOT use pencil because this tugs at the skin and contributes to eyelid wrinkles. I love my liquid liner!!!

I use all three, depending on the look or color I want.
smile.gif

Pencil: L'Oreal Perfect Pencil Automatic Liner -- stay on me all day long and only smudge if you really rub your eye.

Liquid: Cover Girl Line Exact -- stays all day and I love the pen structure of it.

Cream/gel: Clinique's Brush-on Cream liner -- stays put for me and once you get the hang of the application, they're very nice.

The only thing that I've been using lately is MAC Fluidline. The look of the liner is quite different depending on how I use it, and I like the fact that I can smudge it if I want to.

As for pencils, I haven't used one in quite a while.

I usually prefer liquid for the top lid and pencil for my bottom waterline. I still havent found that perfect liner, either liquid or pencil that stays all day and doesnt smudge or fade

i love gel liner...i use both the bobbi brown long-wear liner and the loreal hip gel liner...i also use the benefit bad gal pencil liner...its great on the bottom lashline

i prefer pencil, though i wouldn't put any if i was out of UDPP, i mostly use sephora or bourjois pencil eyeliners, so their staying power could be best. sometimes (when i go for black), i'll go for pencil and liquid above the pencil, just to help myself make sure the line is how i want it to be.

Originally Posted by waterlily777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif call me stupid. but whoever owns Ppowerpoint eye liner by mac....
how can i sharpen that pencil??

i don't have a powerpoint, but i would use a blade, like a knife or a cutter.

im sorry what is a waterline?

ive never tried gel liners, but i like pencil ones that are waterproof like Revlon. they work for me

I use liquid on my top lid, and pencil on half of my bottom lid. Usually I just use brown for everyday use, but I'll switch to black when I want it to be more dramatic.

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC Fluidlines and L'Oreal Cream liners are my favorites.
smile.gif
Same here!

I very recently discovered MAC fluidline gel and I LOVE it!! It is so easy to work with, and it has staying power you wouldn't believe. The other night I fell asleep on the couch and sweetie put a blanket on me and left me there...I woke up in the morning expecting to see a black smudgy mess but it had not moved! It looked the same as when I put it on 24 hrs before. I'd never found an eyeliner that didn't smear, but this one certainly doesn't

I'm not sure what you all mean by 'waterline' either.

I used to use liquid as it was the only kind I could get to stay put but then I discovered Lancome kohl which I use daily now, it's so much quicker!

Back