Gel, Pencil, or Liquid Eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you prefer and what do you find stays on the best.

I don't normally put my eyeliner under my lid I put it on that little line of skin on my bottom lid.. I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about but hopefully you do, but anyway my tears usually wash it away or it burns my eyes or it ends up dripping down and making me look like a raccoon :X

Whats your favorite eyeliner?

I have really sensitive eyes plus I wear contacts I use L'oreal HIP color truth cream eyeliners and have no problems.

Originally Posted by katina74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have really sensitive eyes plus I wear contacts I use L'oreal HIP color truth cream eyeliners and have no problems. I also love the truth liners!

MAC Fluidlines and L'Oreal Cream liners are my favorites.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also love the truth liners! Ditto! I use the creme liner on my top lid and the color stays true and in place all day; then, I use the pencil on my inner rims and waterline.

I love cream or gel liners that you apply with a brush. The consistency is thicker than a liquid liner so IMO is easier to apply. I also use pencil, but liquid I'm not a fan of.

The L'Oreal color truth cream liner work best for me too. They're so soft & creamy & easy to put on. Plus they stay on for a long time. Liquid liners were too liquidy for me & I always had trouble making a straight line. I could never get the pencil liners to stay on my waterline, but with the cream liners both of these problems are solved
smile.gif

For eyeliners, I looove the liquid pen liners. I can do my liner so good with those pens. Second best would be the gel liners that come in the pots. H.I.P Loreal is my favorite.

I also love pencil liners, especially the automatic ones. However they do not stay on the waterline very well.....

I prefer pencil for everyday but liquid for evening. I wish I could apply gel liner smoother because I'd use it a lot more often.

I like most any liner. However, for my waterline, I do like to use a pencil, kohl preferably, because it sticks around best. A really good non-kohl automatic one that doesn't claim to be waterproof but I haven't found to budge much all day is by Max Factor. I don't think it has any special name to it.

For my upper lids, I will use any type of liner, but I really love the look of good old fashioned liquid liners. I know they require more skill, but I started using them earlier than most girls I knew (I had a Pakistani friend who was only allowed to wear this one piece of makeup, in high school, so she taught me how to make a perfect line!). Gel and cream liners are fun and easier, but I just don't get the *same* results... Although they are better for smudging than pencils since there is less tugging, so I do like them for that specific task
smile.gif

And of course, if you need a hard to find color for a liner, chances are you will find it in a pencil over any other form first, so I can't swear off pencils for good!

lately i've been loving my old school liquid liner. i've been alternating between black and navy. i actually replaced my mac fluidlines with black radiance liquid. i can control the line better and the finished look gives me more shine. i only line my waterline when i do a smoky eye. at 49 i don't want to see liner filling in those tiny lines under my eyes. i don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes for the same reason. not a good look! lmao~

I use gel/cream liner for the bottom waterline. Pencil does not stay and I get raccoon eyes at the bottom of the lid all smudged

I like gel liners, but i love pencils. They just look more softer and natural. Sometimes liquid lines can be a bit too bold for my eyes.

I love gel eyeliners (MAC and bobbibrown) for precision and impact; but I also like a soft pencil smudged at the lashline for a natural daytime look.

Latest posts

Back