Gel, Pencil, or Liquid Eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use e.l.f. pencil (midnight) at the lashline and then set it by applying e.l.f. powder eyeshadow in a similar grey-blue shade. It gives me a slightly smudged look that lasts all day. My eyes are usually red due to lack of sleep, but this technique helps brighten my eyes.

I just bought Loreal HIP gel liner... It stays well on my water line if I'm out for a few hours but it seems whenever I'm at school it comes right off.. I'm not really sure why.. I have no luck with any kohl pencils on my waterline.

Originally Posted by islandmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif im sorry what is a waterline? Originally Posted by Serendipity /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure what you all mean by 'waterline' either. I believe the "waterline" is the small area of skin that is between your eye and lashes on the lower lid, that butts right up against the eye. It is "watery" or wetter than the other skin on your lids because it is a different kind of skin. It is very hard to get liner to stick to and stay on this part of the eye, but it looks so good and sexy when you can
smile.gif

That's what I gathered from reading in the forums, anyways. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

mac fluidlines, its gel. never gives me raccoon eyes. stays put even for 12 hours straight

Originally Posted by utmostrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif I believe the "waterline" is the small area of skin that is between your eye and lashes on the lower lid, that butts right up against the eye. It is "watery" or wetter than the other skin on your lids because it is a different kind of skin. It is very hard to get liner to stick to and stay on this part of the eye, but it looks so good and sexy when you can
smile.gif

That's what I gathered from reading in the forums, anyways. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

yup thats what the water line is.. I didn't know what it was called until now
smile.gif

Fluidline....on my top....lid

Pencil Liner for my botton. but still experimenting....on the bottom with fluidline. got to buy my 266!

I use pencil first than gel eyeliner with an angled eyeliner brush.  I find that I have better control with gel liner and it is great for concealing the band on false lashes  The liquid eyeliner that I have is Kiss Me Mascara brand.  It is definately a fast drying, no smudge, water resistant liner.  It is great for the winged look but the only problem is that I am not a pro at lining my eyes so if I make a mistake than it is harder to fix.  Pencil is good for lining the outline and if you want a subtle look and nothing dramatic.  I use to use MAC fluid line until I discovered Kryolan.  You get double the amount for the same price and it works better. 

Gel eyeliner for waterline, liquid liner for lashline. Sometimes I'll use gel on the lashline but generally it takes too long in the mornings when I'm usually already late! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybelline's Line Stylist in Bronze Gleam was my ultimate liner and really the only one I bought continuously.  It created the perfect line and lasted all day and I loved the brown shade with shimmer but I can no longer find it and think maybe they have discontinued that color.  So bummed so usually I skip eyeliner b/c nothing is the same.  I do like the MAC's fluidline and wear those when I'm feeling adventurous.  Love the one that's called Blitz n' Glitz the best.  It's a black creme liner but has flecks of gold in it, so cool.  Loreal H.I.P creme liners are good too!

Latest posts

Back