George Clooney & Renée Zellweger Crack Wise About Their '27-Year Marriage'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
renee_zellweger.jpg

Get George Clooney and Renée Zellweger in a room together and the pair riff off each other like a practiced comedy duo.

Asked by W magazine recently how long they've known each other, Zellweger, who stars with Clooney in next year's Leatherheads, cracks, "Oh, God. Twenty-five, 30 years."

"Thirty-five years," Clooney, who also directs the movie, adds.

"We've been married 28," Zellweger continues. Then, like a real old married couple, Clooney corrects her, saying, "Twenty-seven. We lived together the first year. It was a lot of fighting."

Of their alleged domestic chores, Zellweger adds, "I fed the dogs and pigs. I vacuumed too."

The pair finally admit they've actually been friends for about a decade. And on a serious note, Zellweger tells the magazine she was nervous about letting Clooney down on the film, saying she didn't want to "drop the ball ... to be the one who sucks."

"He doesn't even know how important his opinion has been to me over the years," she confides when he's out of earshot. "I don't want to disappoint him. "

But even during their serious talk about the film, the two can't help but crack wise. "In movies, so often the guy gets to be the one with all the answers," says Clooney. "In this one, she's the smart one. Which was incredible acting on her part."

"He's not kidding," she adds.

"Oh, I'm not kidding," he quips.

Back