Get The Most From Your Makeup: Liquid Eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did you know that eyeliner could also double as mascara? Since liquid eyeliner comes in so many more shade options, you can now have endless possibilities for mascara colors too!
navyeyeshadow.jpg

When you've finished with your tube of mascara, don't throw out the wand. Thoroughly wash it off with soap and water, dip it into your liquid eyeliner and apply to your lashes! It dries quickly and lasts just as long as mascara. After you're finished, wash the wand off again and store it in a Ziploc baggie.

Source

I have done that before! Works okay, but doesn't have any of the lengthening or thickening properties of mascara.

a MA did that on me once. She just added some black eyeliner to the tips of my lashes (after she put mascara on) just to add some more glossy color

I found an awesome lash extender at Overall Beauty.com...I work a lot with false eyelashes and honestly they can be a pain in the neck, except when I see the look on my husband's face!! Check out the lash extender, I am not sure of what it really is ( sorry ) but you put on mascara and quickly while it is wet, put a layer of this lash extender, it looks like little pieces of string? then you can repeat till you get the length you want. After twice, mine were so long!!!

I do this with my blue and purple liners. I first apply my mascara as usual for length and volume though, then add just a light touch of the liner afterward.

I do it with fluidlines sometimes. I usually use a mini fan brush to apply it, that way you can get a bit more of a curl and lift.

Thanks for the tip, I might try this. The only problem is that the really awesome funky colored eyeliners that I have are liquidlast, and they are so hard to get off... even with MAC eyemakeup remover, I wouldn't want to tug on my eyelashes like that.

Latest posts

Back