Getting laid off my job?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow... I really don't know what to say. Maybe your bosses are trying to take into account what could possibly happen w/ the Union at this point. Maybe they're thinking of ways to make sure you'll fulfill the 1000 hours per year, or get more pay for less hours? I'm not too positive, but I'd try not to dwell too much. It seems as though other people there have things to worry about too, so I don't think you'd be alone should you get laid off. Maybe, if it really gets to a point where you're even more so concerned, try to talk to your boss about the things you've noticed which seem to be changing. (Not your co-workers attitudes, but the stress levels). I'm pretty sure that might not have been much help, but I wish you the very best!
hug.gif

Sounds to me like they want to keep you if they're reluctant to let you go to an internal interview. Either that, or they're afraid of any dirt you might dish. I wouldn't think too much about it, or else it'll consume your brain more than you even wanted it to. Just try to take it all in stride, and realize, if you do lose your job, then obviously there's a bigger, better job for you somewhere else (even if you don't see it ATM).

hmm i wouldnt think about it to much, whenu can try and talk to someone about whats going on. that all that i can offer right now

Originally Posted by PrettyFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks, I'll do my best but I know this means that my co-workers will get more catty sooner or later, when they relized that their job may come into jeopardy. If they're smart about it, they wouldn't be getting catty, they'd be looking for new jobs if they fear they're losing theirs. And I know it's easier to say than to do, but just let their cattiness roll off your back like water on a duck. They're truly not worth stressing over
wink.gif

wow. That's so stressful! poor you!
hug.gif
all I can suggest is to make a really determined effort to look for a new full time job and leave your current job at the time that would be most inconvenient for them.

I'm currently in the same kind of situation - i got a new manager who has cut most of my shifts and I'm also aware that she did her training with another manager who doesnt like me so I am concerned that she's trying to get rid of me, but I've just been looking really hard for a new job and trying not to let it concern me.

hug.gif
if you need to ***** about it, pm me any time!

I can't offer much advice, but I just want to say good luck with everything!!

Latest posts

Back