getting rid of volume

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have sooooo much hair! Does anyone have products for getting rid of volume? Its so hot and humid here that my hair just feels out of control in the summer!

Is your hair very thick as in density wise? Do you ever get it thinned out when you get cuts?? Tends to help for people with a lot of hair...
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Are you just talking about frizz? If you're hair is brunette, like mine, you can try John Frieda Brillian Brunette Satin Shine Finishing Creme - it's what I use all the time to control my frizz. It's also great if I flat iron my hair.
If your hair is not Brunette or any specific color, you can use John Frieda's Wind-Down Relaxing Creme, which also works to eliminate frizz.

do they make the satin shine finishing creme for us blondes?

Originally Posted by charms23 I don't think so, but they have Dream Creme that I believe works the same way. i'll have to look cus i have huge hair, my brother's teacher at his monday night hair class always comments on my tons of hair but she says i am good to learn on. lol

Yeah I flat iron it with a really good flat iron, but the waves sorta come back from the humidity.

Angela - I have John Frieda Secret Weapon Finishing Cream which I think is like the Dream Cream, but not for any specific hair color. I kinda forgot about it, but if I remember correctly, it's a good product!

Thinning...does that mean the individual strands or what? I know when I had shorter hair, they cut it with a razor which was supposed to thin it, that was years ago though. The individual strands are pretty thick, but its mostly that I have a lot of hair!

I have alot of thick wavy hair too, and now I always keep lots of nice layers in it. It makes it much lighter and easier to deal with, but you need to make sure you get a cut from someone who knows what they're doing with that kind of hair. Before I found my current hairstylist, I paid for way too many haircut disasters cuz they didn't know how to work with my hair at all. Now I can actually wear my hair naturally when I want to.

This might sound really weird, but sometimes when I know it's gonna be really hot and humid, after I flat iron my hair I pin dryer sheets to my hair and use a mini clothes steamer on my hair. It stays smooth and flat all day. Or if I don't want it straight, I'll put the dryer sheets on with some rollers to set and steam that way.I have no idea how I started doing this to begin with, but hey it works for me.

Originally Posted by envymi I have alot of thick wavy hair too, and now I always keep lots of nice layers in it. It makes it much lighter and easier to deal with, but you need to make sure you get a cut from someone who knows what they're doing with that kind of hair. Before I found my current hairstylist, I paid for way too many haircut disasters cuz they didn't know how to work with my hair at all. Now I can actually wear my hair naturally when I want to.This might sound really weird, but sometimes when I know it's gonna be really hot and humid, after I flat iron my hair I pin dryer sheets to my hair and use a mini clothes steamer on my hair. It stays smooth and flat all day. Or if I don't want it straight, I'll put the dryer sheets on with some rollers to set and steam that way.I have no idea how I started doing this to begin with, but hey it works for me.

Thats a cool tip, thanks!

I wish I had that problem
icon_sad.gif
mine needs volume?

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I have sooooo much hair! Does anyone have products for getting rid of volume? Its so hot and humid here that my hair just feels out of control in the summer!

Originally Posted by lilla I wish I had that problem
icon_sad.gif
mine needs volume? BIGSEXYHAIR products... love them!
wink.gif

Thanks sweetie
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 BIGSEXYHAIR products... love them!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 BIGSEXYHAIR products... love them!
wink.gif
is that the one that comes in red packaging? it's like i need volume at my roots, but not in the bottom part.
icon_confused.gif

Yeah!! in red packaging. I know they have a root product for volume but can't remember the name
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Liz is that the one that comes in red packaging? it's like i need volume at my roots, but not in the bottom part.
icon_confused.gif

Latest posts

Back