getting shiny hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
there are always some lucky people whos hair is extremely shiny and looks so healthy. mine is dyed and is very dry and doesnt shine much. how can i make it shine? ive heard of deep conditioning it, would this help, and what is it exactly and how do they do it? how much does it cost? any other tips to get shiny hair?

Check to see if your salon does Biolage hydratherapie treatments... these things are awesome!!! You'll see a difference immediately!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Deep conditioners are great too... Paul Mitchell's "Hair Repair Treatment" is one I use a lot. You can also try a gloss 'dye' - (Clairol's JAzzing in Clear) or just heat up some olive oil... soak your hair, wrap in saran wrap and warm hair with a blow dryer
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Also, right before you get out of the shower, put the water to cold and really wet it. I don't know how it happens, but it makes your hair really shiny. Yup! it's true... putting cold water on your hair closes the cuticle and the pores on the scalp... and will give your hair and extra boost of shine
wink.gif

have you tried using a product? i just bought brilliant brunette shine shock and i'll let you know how it works!

Originally Posted by Jennifer have you tried using a product? i just bought brilliant brunette shine shock and i'll let you know how it works! I got a sample of this and I LOOOOOOOOOVE it! Makes my hair look and feel really nice.

Originally Posted by Marisol I got a sample of this and I LOOOOOOOOOVE it! Makes my hair look and feel really nice. yay! thanks for the review! the weather's been SO crappy lately, so i haven't blowdryed/straightened my hair in forever and i only use things like that when i do, so i have to wait to use it!

Originally Posted by Jennifer yay! thanks for the review! the weather's been SO crappy lately, so i haven't blowdryed/straightened my hair in forever and i only use things like that when i do, so i have to wait to use it! I used it during the weekend since I had time to straighten my hair and I really liked it. Once I run out, I am going to get the regular size.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Check to see if your salon does Biolage hydratherapie treatments... these things are awesome!!! You'll see a difference immediately!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Deep conditioners are great too... Paul Mitchell's "Hair Repair Treatment" is one I use a lot. You can also try a gloss 'dye' - (Clairol's JAzzing in Clear) or just heat up some olive oil... soak your hair, wrap in saran wrap and warm hair with a blow dryer
wink.gif
speaking of hydratherapie, i was just wondering if u have tried the cera-repair pro4 treatement in the biolage hydratherapie line?

Originally Posted by sugersoul speaking of hydratherapie, i was just wondering if u have tried the cera-repair pro4 treatement in the biolage hydratherapie line?
Pro 4?? which one is that? I have the salon treatment (liquid in the glass vials) and the 'at home' treatment tubes (w/ the snap off tops)
icon_wink.gif
The salon treatment is awesome... the home stuff is nice too - not as effective as the salon, but nice & definitley good to use inbetween treatments to keep hair looking healthy
smile.gif

wow i wasnt expecting this many answers, thanks
smile.gif

how much do Biolage hydratherapie treatments cost? ill try the cold water thing too, who would have thought its so easy
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back