Getting to know each other

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It seems like there have been about a million new members, and I'm having trouble keeping everyone straight! Let's do the 5 things about you thread again.

I'll start

1. I live in a beautiful warehouse in Oakland with my dogs and boyfriend

2. I have a part time job in San Francisco and I pick up part time work to do from home

3. I love sushi! I don't eat fish so I only eat veggie sushi. I think I'm going to make some tonight

4. Call me crazy, but I love orange and red eye shadow. It took a little getting used to, but I really like how it makes my blue eyes pop.

5. I'm starting to become a lotion junkie. I really like all the different scented ones! My skin isn't dry, but it just feels so much better when I use lotion regularly.

Great thread Suzu!

Here is your admin TONY
claps.gif

1. Reija, Cameron and I live in the beautiful Beach community of Huntington Beach, CA
  2. We have a large 4 bedroom-3 bath-3 car garage-home about 200 yards from the ocean.
  3. We have one dog named Joey(black lab)
  4. I have been into computers since I was about 17
  5. I am 38 and started to go grey at 19
  6. I am EX US Navy and I served under Reagan
  7. I was my High School's Quarterback on the football team
  8. I love first person shooter video games
  9. I love movies
  10. I rarely listen to music, I am a talk radio freak
  11. I know nothing about beauty products
  12. I am a non smoker and smoking bothers me immensely

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl

It seems like there have been about a million new members, and I'm having trouble keeping everyone straight! Let's do the 5 things about you thread again.
    I'll start

1. I live in a beautiful warehouse in Oakland with my dogs and boyfriend

2. I have a part time job in San Francisco and I pick up part time work to do from home

3. I love sushi! I don't eat fish so I only eat veggie sushi. I think I'm going to make some tonight

4. Call me crazy, but I love orange and red eye shadow. It took a little getting used to, but I really like how it makes my blue eyes pop.

5. I'm starting to become a lotion junkie. I really like all the different scented ones! My skin isn't dry, but it just feels so much better when I use lotion regularly.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Great thread Suzu!
Here is your admin TONY
claps.gif

[*]Reija, Cameron and I live in the beautiful Beach community of Huntington Beach, CA

[*]We have a large 4 bedroom-3 bath-3 car garage-home about 200 yards from the ocean.

[*]We have one dog named Joey(black lab)

[*]I have been into computers since I was about 17

[*]I am 38 and started to go grey at 19

[*]I am EX US Navy and I served under Reagan

[*]I was my High School's Quarterback on the football team

[*]I love first person shooter video games

[*]I love movies

[*]I rarely listen to music, I am a talk radio freak

[*]I know nothing about beauty products

1. I live in TX in an apt2. I'm 28 & married to a super sweet guy

3. I am a 3rd grade teacher at a GT school (love my job)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

4. I have 2 sisters no brothers

I love makeup but don't wear a lot..just started experimenting w/eyeshadow

5. Been going to the gym 3x a week for 2 months now, for me that's great I have always been overweight even as a cheerleader in High school but never like I am now. I have always been really determined in school. Undergrad and Graduate school for my masters. I need to focus on my health now.

6. I have been here almost a month and it is a great site!

:icon_love 1) I have been married to David for 5 years and we live in North Carolina w/ our daughter, Taylor and our son, Clay.

2) I love all animals but my favorites are cats (small and large breeds), dogs, horses, pigs, alligators and crocodiles.

3) We have a domestic shorthair cat, Salem, a Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix, Miss Pixie, a full blooded Red-Nose PitBull, T-Bone, and an angel fish, BigBoy.

4) I have a bad habit, I am a smoker.

5) My weakness is Ice Cream, especially Edy's Chocolate and Pet's Ice Cream Sandwich Ice Cream.

6) I own my own swapping group on Yahoo.

7) I am a 33 year old SAHM.

claps.gif
8) And I can't wait for school to start back!!

9) I LOVE to read!

10) I also love to cross-stitch and scrapbook.

Anita Martinez

ooohhhh I love sharing!!!

1. I'm desperately in love with my boyfriend of 1.5 years who's currently serving in the Navy overseas :icon_love

2. I live in an apt in Virginia and have lived in Virginia ALL of my life, yet people swear I have a Northern accent

3. I work in higher education but my dream is to have a career that allows me to be creative, involve a lot of travel and is in no way an ordinary desk job (I've always been a hair and makeup junkie so I keep drifting toward a career involving those fields)

4. I gave up going to clubs a few years ago because I have a very low tolerance of chicks with bad manners who get drunk and subject me to their bad manners

5. I'm extremely opinionated and though many people think I'm sweet as pie, those who have crossed the line know differently
icon_twisted.gif

[*]I am from Manhattan, NYC - born & raised.

[*]I am an only child, I guess my parents just knew I was going to be a handful and reconsidered having any more.
wink.gif

[*]I tend to be a procrastinator and can't seem to get myself out of this terrible habit. Even in school I'd wait until the last minute to write papers, speeches, etc.

[*]I am a very impatient person and need things to be on time. Go figure.

[*]I never ever tolerate people who are always late. How hard is it to be on time at least once?

[*]I was once told that I look unapproachable. What the hell does that mean? what??? I think I'm a very nice, sweet, funny, ok on the eyes kind of gal.
biggrin.gif

[*]I love to give, give, give to everyone (time, gifts, hugs, love) and am completely disappointed when people just take, take, take.
icon_sad.gif

[*]After a hard day I will just take a drive at night and completely de-stress. Just me, the car and some kick-ass music.

[*]Sometimes I need a real kick in the tush to get me started with new things, see # 3.

[*]I have been called a work-aholic, but I see it like this: someone's got to get the job done and if you want something done right, you might as well do it yourself.

[*]Is it just me: but why do men have a problem with a woman making more than they do? Get over it already. It's really something that's made me re-think something very important.
confused.gif

Nice idea for a thread, these are always fun.

i love these threads! i love reading everyone's
smile.gif

1. i was born in manhattan, but have moved about 6 times in my life.

2. i love taking walks in the summer in the city.

3. sometimes i think i have a good heart that's TOO good - and i never knew it was possible.

4. i hate my work hours/days. the only thing getting me through is knowing i won't be doing this (waitressing) for the rest of my life because i'm getting my education.

5. i get jealous easily and i hate it.

6. i don't drink or do drugs. because of that, i have veryyy little friends since 98% of teenagers today think that's the only way to have fun.

7. i don't like trashy girls. period. good girls get no attention whatsoever.

8. i haven't been happy with my appearance lately because i know i could be thinner. it's always on my mind.

1.i live in the south side burbs of chicago wiht my mom dad brother batboy and my rat dogs.

2. my mom batboy and rat dogs are on vacation and my dad works nites and so im home by my self and im scared of the boogie man

3. i have a boyfriend whos more like my husband who doesnt live with me named jeff whos main goal in life is to trade my make up stash with a certain member for a pug
wink.gif

4. i agree with jennifers comment about friends and drugs ect. i do drink~im 21~ i discovered vodka at 12 and by the time i was 18 i was completly over thoe whole partying sceene and its really over rated but everyone my age is still in it.

5. i think its bed time but i dont think ill be able to sleep

6. i sold vaccuums for 5 years at sears. i hate sears.

1. I was born in Mexico and at age 10, moved to the Bay Area and been here ever since.

2. I was kicked out of the first college I attended for bad grades.

3. I finally received my BS in Business Management.

4. I am sort of an introvert when people first meet me. I need to be comfortable to be able to open up.

5. I am really glad that I came across MUT 6 months ago. I have gotten a lot of great advice and not just about make-up.

6. I love my car (2003 Volkwasgen Golf). Sometimes if its a nice day out, I will open up the sunroof, blast some good techno music and drive around.

7. I too am a procrastinator.

8. I only have two relatives in the US (my mom and sister). The rest of my family lives in Mexico City and I miss them a lot.

9. I pride myself in not being judgemental or ignorant towards other people and their differences. Everyone has the right to their opinion, right? LOl

10. Beisdes make-up, I have a purse fetish.

1. I have my bachelor's degree in theater.

2. I work for MAC & feel blessed to have a job that I love.

3. I get mistaken to be Mexican, South American, Persian, Israeli, Armenian, you name it! I'm really a Greek/Turkish/German/Irish/Polish mutt!
smile.gif

4. My mother recently told me that the "dimples" right below my temples are really forcep marks! Eeek!

5. Bubble baths are my favorite way to relax.

These threads are so fun....

1- I'm Cindy, 31, and am married to the love of my life, my soulmate and best friend, Ken.

2- We are currently house hunting in Northern NJ and it's a royal pain in the buttocks!

3- I'm a volunteer EMT in my town, with my friend MacForMe, and I love it. I've helped a woman deliver a baby girl in the back of the ambulance. I was also involved in the 9-11 rescue efforts.

4- My husband and I own our own Independant Film company with another friend. We have had a few films kicking around the film festivals and have been on NYC public access television. Our writer is in the process of writing a new script, ever so slowly. He's currently involved in a Broadway Play right now.

5- I love coming on MUT to get new ideas and chat with everyone!

1. I am originally from a small town outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma but recently moved to Springfield, Missouri.

2. I have been married for 5 years to my gorgeous husband and we have two children, Clayton and Chloe.

3. I am a stay at home mom and absolutely love it......the hardest job in the world!!! But when the kids get in school, I would like to get back out into the working world again.

4. My husband and I met when we were both on a trip to South Padre Island, TX and he and his friends saw me and my friends on the beach. They wanted to get our attention so they threw a football our way, apparently not knowing it would smack me in the head! We have been together ever since!

5. I have two younger brothers and no sisters.

6. My parents are in the process of a divorce after 25 years of marriage.

*deep breath*

[*]I'm Lauryn, originally from Union, NJ until i was forced to move up to the boondocks (as i saw it) of Northern NJ. And yes, i still hate it.

[*]I was married for almost 3 years and was just recently divorced (its a good thing, really)

[*]Im dating a wonderful guy with whom we are already planning the wedding (i know, but i've known him for YEARS, and no, HE is not why i got divorced either) for either beach or mountains.. We already even have the wedding party picked out.. they are all excited for us..

[*]I used to own 2 horses, but now we have only one..

[*]I have flown stunt planes, driven tandem dump trucks, and race cars.

[*]I love photography and have been published in 2 books and do freelance work.

[*]Tattoo art is a habit for me.

[*]I got to sing with Tommy Parella who is a well known musician in front of a bunch of people! It was VERY cool!

[*]I have a younger sister, who is married and has a 3 year old.

[*]I was in NYC with RedRocks during the 9-11 rescue effort.

[*]I have been on the first aid squad for a long time, and its time to retire. Been a Lieutenant since 99.

this has got to be the most eclectic group I have ever been a part of... there's so much for each of us to learn from each other!!!
claps.gif
**in awe**

1. i've been married for 25 years to the same man!

2. my son will be 21 years old in less than a week

3. i'm an esthetician stuck in the life of an accountant

4. i need at least 2 hours to get ready to go anywhere!

5. i'm a skincare/underwear/shoe fanatic and in that order

6. my sister is my best friend in the world

7. nobody believes me when i tell them i'm 47

8. i'm quite vain and believe everyday is the "monica show"
claps.gif

9. i currently have 13+ bottles of body lotion on my night stand

10. i have only used one brand of shower gel for the last 4 years

1-I'm a native "New Yawker" - born & raised and went to school in NYC.
icon_cool.gif

2-I have a thick "New Yawk" accent but sometimes try to conceal it, especially at work.
icon_redface.gif

3-I graduated from FIT with a degree in Fashion Design and did that for 10 years before switching careers.
icon_neutral.gif

4-I have a really bad shopping, credit card habit.
icon_redface.gif

5-I love, love, love, clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup, etc.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

6-The Caribbean is my favorite place to go on vacation.
icon_cool.gif

[*]I'm married and just celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary a few days ago.

[*]I'm working on a Masters degree in Computer Science, with plans to graduate in December ... hopefully we will be able to find good jobs close to either my parents (in Missouri) or his parents (in Tennessee) since we can't be close to both at the same time
frown.gif
Right now we live in Indiana and don't see our family much.

[*]Hubby is working as a bank teller until I graduate, but then hopes to find a better job in the business or accounting world.

[*]Ultimately my dream job would be a stay-at-home-mom ... a great use for all this schooling, huh? lol

[*]We both love cats but our apartment doesn't allow them
frown.gif

[*]I am a Lord of the Rings geek -- this site and a Lord of the Rings site are the only websites I check every day
wink.gif

[*]I didn't wear much makeup until we got engaged, then I started researching it so I could do my own makeup for the wedding, and now I am hooked!

[*]I also loves clothes and I'm trying to transition my wardrobe from college student to young professional woman ... but it is hard since I am so skinny and Juniors clothes fit me better than Misses sizes
frown.gif

[*]However I don't have much interest in fragrances or bath and body products since I'm allergic to a lot of scents ... whatever get the job done works for me!

HI AGAIN!! THIS IS REALLY FUN. I have never done a forum reply like this before so here I go----

1. My name is Erin, but I go by funylove since I'm funny(I like to think so shhh) and very loving. Pretty easy screen name to make up.

2. I am 20 and not in school or working at the moment since I have been very sick with seizures and other things for going on 5 years. I feel like I'm 15 sometimes since that's when I started getting ill.

3. I am a (excuse the phrase but I've heard this before and it really describes my television viewing) "Reality W***e" I watch almost every single reality show and they are always scheduled on my DVR.

4. I'm also a huge movie buff. I subscribe to Netflix and watch about 6 movies a week. I get all of the new releases on Tuesday.

5. I'm a huge reader of psychology books, sociology, self-help, spirituality books. I read lots every day.

6. Something that I always say which really describes me is this: I'm a non druggy, smoker, drinker, tanner, clubber, and cusser BUT DEFINATELY NOT A SQUARE! Never done drugs. Dont drink. Dont like the club scene. But I am a wild out there girl in my own way.

7. I spend most of my days taking care of my ALexandrine Parrot who is male and 1 years old. IT IS LIKE HAVING A CHILD. He has to be everywhere I go or he screams and fusses. SPOILED THING!

8. I have moved a total of 27 times. And I'm not an army brat lol. And I will be moving again with my parents probably pretty soon.

9. I was born in Michigan and raised on an Island in Washington.

10. I LOVE MAKEUP AND HAVE TO WEAR IT ALL THE TIME LOL!!!

Thanks! There's not exactly a field for that in the user profile so I wouldn't expect anyone to know though!
wink.gif

We already celebrated with a trip to see my parents in May before summer classes started ... on our *real* anniversary I spent the day doing laundry and homework, lol

Latest posts

Back