Gift Idea for a New Mom

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a friend who just had a baby a week ago. Her birthday is coming up in less than a week and I wanted to get her some indulgent beauty products to paper herself. What are some of your favorite papering beauty products that would make a good gift (scrubs, lotions, lip balms, etc.)? Or, if you can think of something that YOU loved to have, or wish you had had, to pamper yourself when you had a baby?

I have a few ideas, but want some others. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lotions, lotions, lotions. I was so dehydrated after having my children so I was constantly using lotions and creams. Since she just had a baby recently skip any bath item other than shower gels since she won't be able to take a bath for up to eight weeks. Facial creams would be nice, hair care products. Foot care products. Depending on your budget for the gift even a nice thick, plush robe would be nice.

Any pamper products are great.  It doesn't matter that she can't use something right away.  I barely had time to shower much less take a bath for months but It was nice to look at them and know there'll be a time when I could leave the baby for more than 5 minutes. Nothing too smelly because it may bother the baby if she is breastfeeding.  

It depends on how well you know her but an hour or 2 of housekeeping services would be good too.  You can also offer some adult company and a cup of tea.  

I know I'm subscription box crazy, but there are a few catered to moms with babies. Bluum is one that comes to mind. If I was pregnant or just had a baby I wouldn't mind getting a gift sub for a month or two!

These are all wonderful! Having no kids myself, I didn't even think about the fact that she couldn't take a bath or scents with breastfeeding.

My doctor never said anything about not taking any baths.  The nurses did recommend Sitz baths to help my stitches.  It would just be hard to get in and out of a bathtub for a while. 

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are all wonderful! Having no kids myself, I didn't even think about the fact that she couldn't take a bath or scents with breastfeeding.

Mine did because you risk infection by taking a bath especially if you've had stitches due to an episiotomy or tearing.

Both dr for both babies recommended a hot shallow bath "sitz bath" for the tearing and stitches for at least 15 min but no one said I couldn't have a full bath. My first baby bruised my tail bone on his way out so I couldn't get down or up anyways. Internet says there's no hard fast rule on that.

Anyways...the best present my husband ever gave me after the birth of both children was to do ALL the housework - cooking, cleaning, laundry etc for a month immediately after I had each baby so I can just focus on me and the baby. Every woman should get housekeeping done for them when they just get home so they can recover.

I think that body butters are a great idea as well! If you buy her some lotions, you could get some body sprays in the same scents. I love to use those, because it's an easy way to smell good if you don't have a lot of time to freshen up.

Latest posts

Back