Give Me a Break!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to let this article speak for itself... source

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>US gas-guzzler hammers the Hummer

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IINC --><TABLE class=sibf cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sibtbg>

The six-tonne CXT may be the world's least eco-friendly production vehicle

inline_dashed_line.gif

Enlarge Image

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IINC -->The Hummer, the tank-like gas-guzzler favoured by Arnold Schwarzenegger, is now officially for wimps.

Just as the US seems to be losing its taste for sports-utility vehicles (SUVs), a Texan firm has launched the great granddaddy of them all.

The CXT goes seven miles on a gallon of diesel, is as long as a London bus, and seats five in, if not comfort, at least a smug sense of superiority.

International Truck, which makes the CXT, calls it a "statement of success".

"If you brought this truck to the playground, you'd be king of the dirt pile," says Rob Swim, a director of the firm.

Pricey petrol

The timing of the CXT's launch seems peculiar.

<!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5>
o.gif
</TD><TD class=sibtbg>HEAD TO HEAD

_40082374_car_203.jpg

Hummer H1:

184 inches long, 77 inches tall

7,600 pounds in weight

205 HP engine

440lb-ft of torque

International CXT:

258 inches long, 108 inches tall

14,500 pounds in weight

220 HP engine

540lb-ft of torque

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IBOX -->

A prolonged period of high oil prices has brought groans of pain from US motorists, who have long become used to relatively cheap petrol.

Hummer, whose sales boomed amid the economic confidence of the late 1990s, has seen a 22% fall in orders this year, partly because of fuel costs, and partly because it has become the target of environmental campaigners.

With a fuel consumption of 10 miles to the gallon, the Hummer looks like a bicycle beside the CXT.

International suggests that the CXT would be perfect for a range of tradesmen, including "lawn care businesses, garden stores, brick or stone contractors, home builders, carpenters, landscape designers, roofers, home improvement companies."

In fact, with a price tag of at least $93,000 (£52,000), it will be selling mainly to the super-rich. Last month, the manufacturer of the Hummer was bought by Ronald Perelman, a well-known Wall Street raider, in what was seen as a cleverly counter-intuitive deal. Like the Hummer, the CXT is really aimed at people who are far too rich to care about oil prices.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"Like the Hummer, the CXT is really aimed at people who are far too rich to care about oil prices."

i wont go too bleeding heart on this statement, but these people are obviously far too rich to also have consciences. i feel guilt every day over my 93 chevy cavalier. im saving for a honda gas electric hybrid, btw.

politics aside, this vehicle (pronounced vee-HICK-le) is entirely asinine. when i was much younger and saw morons hot rodding in their giant, tricked out trucks, i would scream "sorry about your penis!" i have a feeling that this statement still applies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/haloinrverse/canyonero.bmp

Can you name the truck with four wheel drive,

Smells like a steak, and seats thirty five?

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down

It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Hey, hey!

Twelve yards long, two lanes wide,

Sixty five tons of American pride!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Top of the line in utility sports,

Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

She blinds everybody with her super high beams

She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine

Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero!

Whoa, Canyonero! Whoa!

Y'know what it reminds me of? .....

It was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June

And a Kenworth pullin' logs

Cab-over Pete with a reefer on

And a Jimmy haulin' hogs

We's headin' for bear on Eye-one-oh

'bout a mile outta Shakeytown

I says "Pigpen, this here's Rubber Duck"

"And I'm about to put the hammer down"

('cause we got a little ole convoy rockin' thru the night)

(Yeah, we got a little ole convoy, ain't she a beautiful sight?)

(Come on and join our convoy, ain't nothin' gonna get in our way)

(We gonna roll this truckin' convoy 'cross the USA)

(Convoy)

By the time we got into Tulsa-town we had 85 trucks in all

But they's a roadblock up on the cloverleaf

And them bears 's wall-to-wall

Yeah, them smokeys 's thick as bugs on a bumper

They even had a bear in the air

I says "Callin' all trucks, this here's the Duck"

"We about to go a-huntin' bear"

('cause we got a great big convoy rockin' thru the night)

(Yeah, we got a great big convoy, ain't she a beautiful sight?)

(Convoy)

Well, we rolled up Interstate Forty-Four

Like a rocket-sled on rails

We tore up all of our swindle sheets

And left 'em settin' on the scales

By the time we hit that "Chi-town"

Them bears was a-gettin smart

They brought up some reinforcements

From the "Illinoise" National Guard

There's armored cars and tanks and jeeps

'n' rigs of ev'ry size

Yeah, them chicken coops was full of bears

And choppers filled the skies

Well, we shot the line, we went for broke

With a thousand screamin' trucks

And eleven long-haired friends of Jesus

In a chartreuse microbus

Well, we laid a strip for the Jersey Shore

Prepared to cross the line

I could see the bridge was lined with bears

But I didn't have a doggone dime

I says "Pigpen, this here's the Rubber Duck"

"We just ain't a-gonna pay no toll"

So we crashed the gate doin' ninety-eight

I says "let them truckers roll, ten-four"

('cause we got a mighty convoy rockin' thru the night)

(Yeah, we got a mighty convoy, ain't she a beautiful sight?)

(Convoy)

C.W. McCall - Convoy

Originally Posted by haloinrverse "Like the Hummer, the CXT is really aimed at people who are far too rich to care about oil prices."
i wont go too bleeding heart on this statement, but these people are obviously far too rich to also have consciences. i feel guilt every day over my 93 chevy cavalier. im saving for a honda gas electric hybrid, btw.

politics aside, this vehicle (pronounced vee-HICK-le) is entirely asinine. when i was much younger and saw morons hot rodding in their giant, tricked out trucks, i would scream "sorry about your penis!" i have a feeling that this statement still applies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/haloinrverse/canyonero.bmp

Can you name the truck with four wheel drive,

Smells like a steak, and seats thirty five?

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down

It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Hey, hey!

Twelve yards long, two lanes wide,

Sixty five tons of American pride!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Top of the line in utility sports,

Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

She blinds everybody with her super high beams

She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine

Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero!

Whoa, Canyonero! Whoa!

Huge_chevy1.jpg

Dear owner of the above truck,

We are writing to you to express our deepest sympathy about your penile handicap. Rather than simply stewing in your truck, we'd like to suggest that you read your spam mail before throwing it out. It might contain handy tips such as, "How to Enlarge Little Willy" or "12 Steps to Recovery When You're Given the Short End of the Stick."

If this doesn't help, please keep the following positive affirmations in mind:

1. It's not the SIZE of the wave, it's the motion of the ocean.

2. It's better to have tried to love than to never have loved at all.

3. Place a potatoe in the back of your jeans to deemphasize the extra space in the front.

4. You may be hung like a mosquito, but your mother still loves you.

5. There's always the circus. They pay for things like this.

6. Chances are, you will never be hurt on a horse or a skateboard or a bike. Ever.

Love Cali and the gals.

Naw, this is my TESTOSTERONE Vehicle!! Semper Fi!

Originally Posted by Californian

I am going to let this article speak for itself... source

US gas-guzzler hammers the Hummer

The six-tonne CXT may be the world's least eco-friendly production vehicle

inline_dashed_line.gif

opennews.gif
Enlarge Image

The Hummer, the tank-like gas-guzzler favoured by Arnold Schwarzenegger, is now officially for wimps.

Just as the US seems to be losing its taste for sports-utility vehicles (SUVs), a Texan firm has launched the great granddaddy of them all.

The CXT goes seven miles on a gallon of diesel, is as long as a London bus, and seats five in, if not comfort, at least a smug sense of superiority.

International Truck, which makes the CXT, calls it a "statement of success".

"If you brought this truck to the playground, you'd be king of the dirt pile," says Rob Swim, a director of the firm.

Pricey petrol

The timing of the CXT's launch seems peculiar.

o.gif

HEAD TO HEAD
_40082374_car_203.jpg

Hummer H1:

184 inches long, 77 inches tall

7,600 pounds in weight

205 HP engine

440lb-ft of torque

International CXT:

258 inches long, 108 inches tall

14,500 pounds in weight

220 HP engine

540lb-ft of torque

A prolonged period of high oil prices has brought groans of pain from US motorists, who have long become used to relatively cheap petrol.

Hummer, whose sales boomed amid the economic confidence of the late 1990s, has seen a 22% fall in orders this year, partly because of fuel costs, and partly because it has become the target of environmental campaigners.

With a fuel consumption of 10 miles to the gallon, the Hummer looks like a bicycle beside the CXT.

International suggests that the CXT would be perfect for a range of tradesmen, including "lawn care businesses, garden stores, brick or stone contractors, home builders, carpenters, landscape designers, roofers, home improvement companies."

In fact, with a price tag of at least $93,000 (£52,000), it will be selling mainly to the super-rich. Last month, the manufacturer of the Hummer was bought by Ronald Perelman, a well-known Wall Street raider, in what was seen as a cleverly counter-intuitive deal. Like the Hummer, the CXT is really aimed at people who are far too rich to care about oil prices.

Originally Posted by Californian
Huge_chevy1.jpg

Dear owner of the above truck,

We are writing to you to express our deepest sympathy about your penile handicap. Rather than simply stewing in your truck, we'd like to suggest that you read your spam mail before throwing it out. It might contain handy tips such as, "How to Enlarge Little Willy" or "12 Steps to Recovery When You're Given the Short End of the Stick."

If this doesn't help, please keep the following positive affirmations in mind:

1. It's not the SIZE of the wave, it's the motion of the ocean.

2. It's better to have tried to love than to never have loved at all.

3. Place a potatoe in the back of your jeans to deemphasize the extra space in the front.

4. You may be hung like a mosquito, but your mother still loves you.

5. There's always the circus. They pay for things like this.

6. Chances are, you will never be hurt on a horse or a skateboard or a bike. Ever.

Love Cali and the gals.

you need to write for the onion.

Ummmm... now I guess wouldn't be the best time to say that my b/f has a 4x4 shop and lifts trucks like that everyday?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lol He even has a lifted Blazer, but I can happily say - his willy is just fine... thank god lol
icon_eek.gif
(Although I can't speak for some of his customers!!!) ha ha (but a big truck sure is fun to drive!!)
wink.gif

Yes, but the REAL question is: Do his customers know his willy?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Ummmm... now I guess wouldn't be the best time to say that my b/f has a 4x4 shop and lifts trucks like that everyday?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lol He even has a lifted Blazer, but I can happily say - his willy is just fine... thank god lol
icon_eek.gif
(Although I can't speak for some of his customers!!!) ha ha (but a big truck sure is fun to drive!!)
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back