Glamour Glammies: Best beauty buys ever!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Best beauty buys ever!: Fashion & Beauty: glamour.com

The winning lip products

From Drugstores:

Maybelline New York Shiny-Licious Lipgloss ($6)

*Second-time winner!

An “everyday must†that makes lips “soft and shiny†and “isn’t sticky like other glosses.†Fans love the “fuzzy applicator†that’s “not unwieldy, like the stiff brush on most lip glosses.â€

From Department/Specialty stores:

M.A.C Lipglass ($14)

*Second-time winner!

With major “staying power,†this doesn’t budge when you “eat, drink or kiss.†Makes lips look “so sexy—it’s the Marilyn Monroe of gloss!†Says one addict, “I don’t leave home without it.â€

The winning fragrances

From Drugstores:

Curious by Britney Spears Eau de Parfum Spray ($43 for 1.7 oz.)

*Second-time winner!

This reminds readers of “sweet, sexy, steamy, Southern nights.†The “bottle looks so pretty on my vanity table,†reports one fan, and the “fruity-floral†scent “makes men say, ‘You smell delicious!’â€

Victoria’s Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Eau de Parfum Spray ($49 for 2.5 oz.)

*New winner!

This “mild, musky floral smells so good it’s almost addictive.†You feel “sexy, beautiful and all woman—a little prrrrrr in a bottle!†It “doesn’t fade away†over time, either.

The winning shampoos

From Drugstores:

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo ($7)

* Third-time winner!

“A must-have for brunettes who need a little oomph!†It smells “cocoa-y,†cleans “gently†and “doesn’t build up†on hair. “Ilook like I got a salon shine treatment!†says one fan.

From Department stores/Salons:

Matrix Sleek.Look Smoothing Shampoo ($14)

* Third-time winner!

“I couldn’t live without this,†says one clearly codependent voter. It has a pleasant “citrusy scent†and makes hair “soft†and “unfrizzyâ€â€”even when it’s “crazy humid†out.

The winning conditioners

From Drugstores:

Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Conditioner ($4)

* New winner!

Some conditioners “weigh hair down,†but this “works wonders†on “detangling†and getting even fine hair “smooth.†One other payoff: “My husband always says how good my hair smells!â€

From Department Stores/salons:

Matrix Sleek.Look Smoothing Conditioner ($14)

* Third-time winner!

“Rinses clean†each time and keeps curly hair smooth and “frizz-free,†even “in the South Carolina heat.†Readers believe this stuff’s like “Botox for hair—it takes all the wrinkles out!â€

The winning hairstyling products

From Drugstores:

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum ($10 for 1.69 oz.)

* Third-time winner!

“I’ve tried a ton of styling products, but this one takes the cake,†says a user. More kudos: “Just a drop†gets hair “soft and glossy.†Women consider it “the gold standard†of hair goop.

From Department stores/Salons:

BioSilk Silk Therapy ($42 for 12 oz.)

* Third-time winner!

“Takes down frizz,†leaves hair “super silky†and “shiny,†and it doesn’t make you look “greasy†like some serums can. As one reader says, “It’s my secret weapon against frizzies!â€

The winning mascaras

From Drugstores:

Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara ($6.50)

* Third-time winner!

This classic “is an instant makeover in a little pink tube!†It “never clumps up†and “the price is great.†Adds another voter, “It makes me feel like a movie star.â€

From Department Stores:

Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara ($23)

* Third-time winner!

The wand has “bitty bristles†that get every lash and build “double thickness.†Note to sleepyheads: “If you look tired in the morning, use this!â€

The winning eye creams

From Drugstores:

Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum ($19)

* Second-time winner!

This crowd pleaser zaps “bags, circles and puffiness†and “absorbs quickly.†And it “doesn’t make mascara run,†to boot. “I see immediate results,†raves one fan. Says another, “This works!â€

From Department Stores:

Clinique All About Eyes ($28 for 0.5 oz.)

* Second-time winner!

“Light enough for under makeup but rich enough to last all day,†says one woman, summing up the sentiments of many. It “isn’t irritating†and won’t leave an “annoying grease slick.â€

The winning self-tanners

From Drugstores:

Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer ($6)

*Second-time winner!

A “fair-skinned woman’s perfect solution,†this natural-looking self-tanner and moisturizer is “a beach vacation in a bottle!†What’s more, “it won’t leave streaks†or turn palms a “funky color.â€

From Department Stores:

Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel ($30)

*New winner!

“Easy†and “foolproof,†it “smells great,†doesn’t leave skin “sticky†and gives you a “French Riviera†tan. Another plus: “After I applied it, I could actually put on my clothes without staining them!â€

The winning blushes

From Drugstores:

CoverGirl Cheekers Blush ($3.50)

* Third-time winner!

The “bit of shimmer†gives you a “gorgeous glow,†and the “reasonable price†makes it “great for a girl on a budget who doesn’t want to look like it.†Plus, it “doesn’t smudge or fade at all.â€

From Department/Specialty Stores:

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Blush ($18)

* New winner!

Devotees praise the “looks-like-you’ve-been-in-the-sun color.†Adds one, “It lights up my face!†And “it’s free of oils and additives that can make me break out.â€

The winning foundations

From Drugstores:

L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup ($10)

* Third-time winner!

“You don’t feel like you’re wearing anything at all†when it’s on, voters agree. Reports one, “I can finally stop searching for the right foundation—no more standing in the drugstore wondering, Will this work?â€

From Department/Specialty Stores:

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation ($25)

* Third-time winner!

“Feels light†and “lasts all day—everyone compliments me on how flawless my skin looks when I use this,†says a devotee. “I can even leave it on overnight and it doesn’t make me break out,†adds another.

The winning facial moisturizers

From Drugstores:

Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion SPF 15 ($7)

* Third-time winner!

Like “Gatorade for thirsty skin,†this stuff leaves your face “perfectly hydrated†but “not shiny or greasyâ€â€”even when it’s “hot and humid.†Sums up one happy camper: “It’s the ultimate staple for any beauty regimen.â€

From Department Stores:

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion ($23 for 4.2 oz.)

* Third-time winner!

Other lotions “can sit there†on your skin, so you have to “wait forever to put makeup on,†but this “sinks right in.†It makes your skin “look awesome†and feel “as smooth as a baby’s bottom.â€

The winning body products

From Drugstores:

St. Ives Apricot Scrub ($3)

* New winner!

Just how good is it? “If I were stuck on a deserted island, this is the one beauty product I’d want!†Voters also praise the smell— “a combination of apricots and a fragrant flower gardenâ€â€”and the fact that it “exfoliates gently†and makes skin “much softer.â€

Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion ($10)

* Second-time winner!

Has a “scrumptious†smell and serious “lasting power—I apply it in the morning, and the scent is still there late in the afternoon.†Reminds one woman of “baking cookies when I was a kid.â€

Great lash again? Maybelline must be really giving a lot of money

I use a lot of these products! lol.

I have to give a big "YUCK!!!!!!" to Maybelline Great Lash and VS "Heavenly", though.

The Great Lash is so watery, I can't imagine how it would do any good for anyone. And "Heavenly" makes me GAG! Totally nasty imo. lol.
smile.gif

Great Lash is just nasty. And Britney's perfume smells like something a little girl would wear (perfect for her and what seems to be her maturity level).

Great body lotion choices tho, and I love St. Ives masques and scrubs.

I love the St Ives apricot scrub better than any of the high end exfoliators I've used. Why spend more if you don't have to?..........did I just say that.

I've used most of those ds products, and I didn't like them very much, I wonder who chooses the winners?

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif You guys really don't like Great Lash?! I
heart.gif
it! Are you serious? lol. It's so watery that it doesn't lengthen or thicken and it just smears all over my cheeks and lids! lol. So, no, I don't like Great Lash.

Well, Glamour swears it's based on reader choices. I know Great Lash is pretty well liked among a few ladies here, and it did make the list on last year's Best of MuT Awards.

i use Olay Complete All Day Moisture lotion and i love it. no more high end moisturizers for me.

Olay Complete is NOT seven dollars haha. I pay at least 11 bucks for it.

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love the St Ives apricot scrub better than any of the high end exfoliators I've used. Why spend more if you don't have to?..........did I just say that. I agree it works that well

Maybelline Great Lash again?? UGH. LOL

I do use some of those products though and they work great for me.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back