Gloss or Lipstick?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is better for a night look,gloss or lipstick?What glosses or lipsticks do you usually wear for a night look??

Originally Posted by Sophia What is better for a night look,gloss or lipstick?What glosses or lipsticks do you usually wear for a night look?? Well-

If i have a "done" smokey eye, i use a pale lipstick..

For the subdued eye, i use a darker "dramatic" l/s with some gloss.

As for color, that again, depends on the eye and the clothing colors..

Originally Posted by Sophia What is better for a night look,gloss or lipstick?What glosses or lipsticks do you usually wear for a night look?? It really depends on the look your going for. Typically people tend to wear a stronger lip for a night time look, unless they're going for a specific look. Getting a stronger lip colour is usually easier with lipstick and you can apply a gloss over the top, however you can now get highly pigmented glosses (like Chanel glossimers, NARS lipglosses, and some of the deeper Stila lipglazes) which you can wear on their own for evening.

Originally Posted by Lealabell It really depends on the look your going for. Typically people tend to wear a stronger lip for a night time look, unless they're going for a specific look. Getting a stronger lip colour is usually easier with lipstick and you can apply a gloss over the top, however you can now get highly pigmented glosses (like Chanel glossimers, NARS lipglosses, and some of the deeper Stila lipglazes) which you can wear on their own for evening. What stronger shades of lipsticks are great?

Originally Posted by Trisha To be honest, i nearly always wear gloss, i duno why i prefer it to l/s.
please dont be swayed by the "rules" of if you do a dark eye you have to do a light lip, you can pick any combo you want

what kinda colours are you looking for and for what occasions will you be wearing it? x

Mostly I want a look for a night at the club or something like that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I usually wear light colors on my eyes and on my lips so I want something to make the difference!!And because I have small eyes I don't do a heavy eye make up!! I prefer light glittery eyes and I want more color on my lips,that's why I'm considering to start using lipstick for a night look!!Until now I always wear lipglosses,day and night and now I want to try something different!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine I agree, it all depends on what you're wearing. I only have one lipstick I use, Petal Lure, and I don't even use it that much anymore; I'm all about lipgloss. For a smokey eye, I love MAC's C-Thru lipglass because my lips are pretty pink and I loooove how this makes my lips look very nude. If I'm doing kind of a neutral eye, I love MAC's Palatial lustreglass, it's a bright pink and very sexy. Thanks Charmaine!!Lustreglasses are like Lipglasses??Because I don't like lipglasses!!!They are way too sticky!!

Originally Posted by Trisha Yes Lustreglasses arent as sticky!
Id also recc Stila

it gloss - astounding and energetic

lip shine - orchid and rouge

Thanks Trisha!!What do you prefer Lustreglasses or It Glosses?

Originally Posted by Trisha it gloss but ony cos i love more of the colours, the only lustreglass i love is ove nectar
did you read my post above?

i think you need Sofia lipstick from Stila xx

Oh a lipstick with my name!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I haven't try Stila's lipsticks!Are they good?

Originally Posted by Trisha i like the, not sure what others think, my faves are the sheers, more colour than a gloss but still glossy!
I think you might also like the Lip Polishes, as they are like liquid lipstick in lipgloss formm, some faves are glaze, shimmer, sheen, sparkle

Lip Polishes are something I want to try in the future!!

Originally Posted by Trisha it gloss but ony cos i love more of the colours, the only lustreglass i love is ove nectar
did you read my post above?

i think you need Sofia lipstick from Stila xx

You just reminded me, I meant to ask the MAC MA if they ever got Love Nectar in! Darn, completely forgot
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia Mostly I want a look for a night at the club or something like that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I usually wear light colors on my eyes and on my lips so I want something to make the difference!!And because I have small eyes I don't do a heavy eye make up!! I prefer light glittery eyes and I want more color on my lips,that's why I'm considering to start using lipstick for a night look!!Until now I always wear lipglosses,day and night and now I want to try something different!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Club = (colored) gloss to me. Mac lip glasses or Venom Gloss by DuWop would be my personal recommendations. From what I hear DuWop will send you samples if you go to their site and email them.
Melissa

i'm definitely a lip gloss person more than a lipstick person. lippies seem like more of a hastle to keep on/apply.

I usually do smokey eyes and pale lips at night and go for a pale gloss. I find it really hard to break away from gloss at night and go for a pale lipstick instead cos I LOVE the shine. I am thinking of venturing out and using a shimmery but not shiny/glossy lipstick, though, just to try out a truly low key lip look and see if I like it.

I did do subtlely smokey taupe eyes with berry lip gloss too and I loved that. I still have some true red gloss to try out but I'm scared. Lol! I would do bronzey/goldy eyes with that. I just CANNOT in a million years do nude eyes at night, though, whether I do dark lips or not (which is hardly ever anyway). I feel like I forgot to put my make-up on.

Latest posts

Back